Think I may have bought my last Bon Jovi record

And I've bought every album since 1984. Reason being isn't really solely because the last few albums sound like a lawn mower in terms of producton, it's because the whole 2020 album is a bunch of BLM, covid propaganda and some other nonsense mixed in there.

And, again, this record, too, sounds like a lawn mower running. Don't waste your money unless you're just looking for extra reason to feel sorry about yourself and don't feel that the cable news entertainment programming is doing a good enough job polluting your mind. My two cents only.

Bon... who?
Bon Jovi was great once....

And I've bought every album since 1984. Reason being isn't really solely because the last few albums sound like a lawn mower in terms of producton, it's because the whole 2020 album is a bunch of BLM, covid propaganda and some other nonsense mixed in there.

And, again, this record, too, sounds like a lawn mower running. Don't waste your money unless you're just looking for extra reason to feel sorry about yourself and don't feel that the cable news entertainment programming is doing a good enough job polluting your mind. My two cents only.

Bon... who?
Bon Jovi was great once....

Oh. I see your point. They seem very gifted...

Thanks for the heads up on this release. :)

Sounds to me like when you listen to music all you hear are the words.
:uhoh3: :uhoh3: :uhoh3: :uhoh3:

Their last album was really good. That was in 2016. I liked pretty much all of the songs on that one. And that was only four years ago.

This new one is probably the only album of theirs that I don't like, to be honest. The only song on it that's kind of good is Luv Can, and it's a bonus track.

I think since Richie left the band, it's just not the same. Richie's a good song writer.

And maybe even has a better voice that Jon used to have.

For instance...

Actually, even David Bryan, the keyboard player for the band has a better voice than Jon has these days...

Last edited:
I changed my mind about the 2020 album. After a few listens, it grew on me. Same thing with the last one they put out.

I received my Japanese SHM-CD version. Way, way better quality and it isn't brickwalled either, so.

the last few albums sound like a lawn mower in terms of producton
When I scoured through the evolution of Bon Jovi music, I was surprised at how little of it I found to be really good. I mean, I'm talking maybe 10 songs? I like the guy, and the musicians are top notch. Just didn't like too much of what they put out, tbh.

Forum List

Back