Think Inflation is Low? Biden's USDA Disagrees.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
It's strange that I would need to explain the harmful effects of out of control inflation to Democrats. But with their key economic mentors like KJP and the ladies of the view telling them that inflation is a rich people's problem, and that it is actually "down from its peak," (which was under Biden also), I felt a little exploration of the topic is advisable.

While inflation has cooled since its peak in June 2022, one place where American wallets are still being hit hard is at the grocery store.

The US Department of Agriculture tracks the prices of foods at the grocery store, and each month, it recommends food plans at various cost levels, depending on if you want a "thrifty," "low," "moderate," or "liberal" plan.

. . .

As of March 2024, the USDA recommends a family of four on a thrifty budget spend $976.60 monthly and $1,585.20 for a liberal budget.
On average, across the four food plans, the monthly budget recommendation has risen 27% since the start of 2020. Meanwhile, as of November, grocery prices were up 25.1% since the start of 2020, outpacing the 18.9% increase in overall prices.

This kind of inflation of food prices would hit young working families hardest of all. They will find themselves having to rework their budget and avoid eating out, movies, family trips and other "luxury" spending in favor of literally putting bread on the table.

Here is KJP explaining why families should be comforted by the fact that "we take that very seriously."

In the words of General Custer, "There, Major Benteen! Are you reassured now?"

The like to talk about it has "cooled" meaning the rate isn't running away.

Even it were 1%, the DAMAGE IS DONE.

I watch grocery store prices....always have.....and I see the increases. Things I buy have gone up as much as 40%. Some things not so much. But overall, the numbers don't lie.

Biden had little to do with any of it. But his "Bidenomics" claim pisses me off so he can own it.

20 to 25% increase over two years ago.

Let's go Brandon.

The youngest daughter who voted for Biden is voting for Trump over this very issue
Biden will lose a lot of women in their mid to upper twenties who last election were college students strongly interested in pro-choice, but who now are young moms trying to get by, either on one income, or two incomes minus daycare costs.

Your post made me think of baby food, not only a grocery item, but a heavily manufactured item, more so that meet and fresh vegetables. I would think that would mean that their prices go up more, but I can't find a reference for that, so I may be wrong.

And of course, young mothers will remember Biden's baby formula shortage and how his administration made sure that illegal alien families got plenty, with Border Patrol agents making the bottles for them, while American citizen babies were left in desperate need.

Warren Buffet who wons Berkshire Hathaway, has decided that he won't vote for Biden this time around because Biden halted the XL Pipeline.
At the same time, he maybe leaning towards Trump. Even though, the two have had a bitter financial relationship decades ago.

I posted two links to this.

He is the Repub party. In 2020 they did not even have bother to have a platform just said "what ever Trump wants".
Right....repubs in Congress worked against him.
Did ya see and hear Bush Jrs comment after his inaug speech......pull your head out of your ass

It's strange that I would need to explain the harmful effects of out of control inflation to Democrats. But with their key economic mentors like KJP and the ladies of the view telling them that inflation is a rich people's problem, and that it is actually "down from its peak," (which was under Biden also), I felt a little exploration of the topic is advisable.

While inflation has cooled since its peak in June 2022, one place where American wallets are still being hit hard is at the grocery store.

The US Department of Agriculture tracks the prices of foods at the grocery store, and each month, it recommends food plans at various cost levels, depending on if you want a "thrifty," "low," "moderate," or "liberal" plan.

. . .

As of March 2024, the USDA recommends a family of four on a thrifty budget spend $976.60 monthly and $1,585.20 for a liberal budget.
On average, across the four food plans, the monthly budget recommendation has risen 27% since the start of 2020. Meanwhile, as of November, grocery prices were up 25.1% since the start of 2020, outpacing the 18.9% increase in overall prices.

This kind of inflation of food prices would hit young working families hardest of all. They will find themselves having to rework their budget and avoid eating out, movies, family trips and other "luxury" spending in favor of literally putting bread on the table.

Here is KJP explaining why families should be comforted by the fact that "we take that very seriously."

In the words of General Custer, "There, Major Benteen! Are you reassured now?"

Quick lesson in Bidenflation:

Year 1 - You gain 50 pounds. Terrible. Needs to be fixed.
Year 2 - You gain 30 pounds. Almost 50% better than Year 1 yes? We're doing good.
Year 3 - You gain 15 pounds. The diet is really noticeably working now.
Year 4 - you gain 5 pounds. Almost nothing. Problem has been solved.

But you still weigh 100 pounds more than you did before Year 1.

Slowing inflation won't do it for people already struggling with the initial huge gains. We need a whole different economic strategy that not only eliminates useless or harmful spending but that encourages production, competition, and efficiency that brings prices down in a way that not only allows the producers a decent profit but makes products and services much more affordable for Americans.

Vote Trump and a GOP Congress in November. It's the only hope we have.

Quick lesson in Bidenflation:

Year 1 - You gain 50 pounds. Terrible. Needs to be fixed.
Year 2 - You gain 30 pounds. Almost 50% better than Year 1 yes? We're doing good.
Year 3 - You gain 15 pounds. The diet is really noticeably working now.
Year 4 - you gain 5 pounds. Almost nothing. Problem has been solved.

But you still weigh 100 pounds more than you did before Year 1.

Slowing inflation won't do it for people already struggling with the initial huge gains. We need a whole different economic strategy that not only eliminates useless or harmful spending but that encourages production, competition, and efficiency that brings prices down in a way that not only allows the producers a decent profit but makes products and services much more affordable for Americans.

Vote Trump and a GOP Congress in November. It's the only hope we have.

The problem with your analogy is that when it comes to prices, wages go up to catch up to the prices.

Prices will never come back down, they never do. Trump getting into office will not change that.

The problem with your analogy is that when it comes to prices, wages go up to catch up to the prices.

Prices will never come back down, they never do. Trump getting into office will not change that.
Wages have not gone up to catch up to price increases over the last several years though. And Trump getting into office along with the GOP majority in Congress will give us the best shot we have for prices to come down and wages go up significantly to relieve the current situation.

The typical American family has lost thousands in buying power under Biden and gained thousands in buying power under Trump despite the leftist Democrat controlled media trying desperately to downplay that. It is the difference between economic policy that benefits government and economic policy that benefits the American citizen.

Wages have not gone up to catch up to price increases over the last several years though.

They are catching up. Wages have outpaced inflation the past two years. Wages always lag behind, it is that way every time we have a bout of inflation.

And Trump getting into office along with the GOP majority in Congress will give us the best shot we have for prices to come down and wages go up significantly to relieve the current situation.

Prices are not going to come down, and you should be careful what you ask for, deflation is worse than inflation.

The typical American family has lost thousands in buying power under Biden and gained thousands in buying power under Trump despite the leftist Democrat controlled media trying desperately to downplay that. It is the difference between economic policy that benefits government and economic policy that benefits the American citizen.

Trump did nothing but ride the economic wave he was handed.

Also, I know you will never be allowed to admit this, but all that money spent in 2020 had a very big impact on the inflation that followed it.

Forum List

Back