This is scary to me. Smart Lenses.

i could see this for doctors etc...anyone needing a detailed record of meetings etc...no way in hell would i put that in my eye

You need to watch the Netflix series, ‘Black Mirror’.

This technology figured prominently in the story lines

INVASIVE technology, to my thinkin'. Not only no, but hell no.

Hey Miss Gracie...

... an' Windparadox!

Uncle Ferd sent away fer some o' dem glasses...

... dat could let ya see through womens clothes...

... but Granny found out an' had the mailman...

... send `em back.

Last edited:
I would love to have one of these lenses. There are times when holding a camera is not feasible. I also like the ability to identify and get info on things.

But the ONLY reason I would find it acceptable is that it is not actually connected to anything and not implanted. I put the lenses in when I want and take them out when I want.

I predict that within 5 years cellphones will have implanted versions. And people will line up to get them.

I can see some real uses for this in technical fields. Several experts could be looking at what the person doing the work is seeing, and give advice.

I can see some real uses for this in technical fields. Several experts could be looking at what the person doing the work is seeing, and give advice.

Good point. One person going into a dangerous area, but having more people involved.

For my computer programs and machines, i have a program installed that allows a tech to log on with a shared password and try to see whats going on with them if there is a problem.
I love it. Lol..

`
`

Sounds like technology that will only be available to the rich and powerful.
Like cars, computers, refrigerators, air conditioners, TV's and so on. At one time or another only rich people could afford all of those things. If there is a mass market for anything the private sector will find a way to bring down the cost. Capitalism is fucking awesome.

Unfortunately..those NOT getting them...are they still subject to personal invasion by those who DO get them?

Forum List

Back