This is why mental health for gun background checks are risky.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So.....they are classifying all sorts of returning soldiers as to crazy to own guns...and they are putting that on background check registries.........

And this is why we don't trust you ant gun nuts when we discuss putting mental health records into the gun background check system...you are not honest people....you will not deal with the situation in a fair or truthful way and you will use mental health records as just another way to keep healthy, normal people from owning guns....

Grassley to Holder Why Is The VA Putting So Many Veterans on Your Federal Gun Ban List - Katie Pavlich

"The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is effectively a national gun ban list and placement on the list precludes the ownership and possession of firearms. According to the Congressional Research Service, as of June 1, 2012, 99.3% of all names reported to the NICS list’s "mental defective” category were provided by the Veterans Administration (VA) even though reporting requirements apply to all federal agencies. And that percentage remained virtually unchanged as of April 2013. Given the numbers, it is essential to ensure that the process by which the VA reports names to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for placement on the NICS list recognizes and protects the fundamental nature of veterans’ rights under the Second Amendment," Grassley wrote in the letter. "Specifically, once the VA determines that a veteran requires a fiduciary to administer benefit payments, the VA reports that veteran to the gun ban list, consequently denying his or her right to possess and own firearms.

Wow....99.3% of the names are our soldiers....who carried weapons in combat for us over seas....and now can't carry a weapon here at home for their own defense.........like the one soldier who had insomnia....and got flagged.....

Adam Lanza would agree.

And he still got his gun didn't he......didn't pass a background check, didn't register the guns he used..........and you have no answer for that.........

Adam Lanza would agree.

And he still got his gun didn't he......didn't pass a background check, didn't register the guns he used..........and you have no answer for that.........
His Mom failed utterly to properly secure her weapons. She did not store them unloaded and in a safe. Was she acting irresponsibly? Did she secure them in a responsible manner? Should she have had deadly weapons in her home given her son's mental frailty?

Adam Lanza would agree.

His Mom failed utterly to properly secure her weapons. She did not store them unloaded and in a safe. Was she acting irresponsibly? Did she secure them in a responsible manner? Should she have had deadly weapons in her home given her son's mental frailty?

Please provide a link as to how she stored the weapons...cause...if he murdered her...he could very easily have accessed the weapons after killing her....

And did she know that in his illness he was capable of and desiring to go to a school and kill children? Too bad you didn't use your psychic skills to warn her.......

And again....he didn't go through a background check...and he got the guns......he didn't register those guns....and he still got the guns.........

This is illegal, it requires a JUDGE to determine you have to lose your rights. That is the law.
I agree, but how much illegal activity have we seen under Obama?

For example:

IRS sending taxpayers information to the White House (a felony) - The DOJ would not prosecute.

DEA agents partying with drug kingpins and keeping their jobs.

The Attorney General arming Mexican drug dealers.

And the list can go on forever.......

If a vet needs help managing finances they are judged "mentally defective"??? Where does that put the federal government who have proven they are incapable of managing finances!?

If a vet needs help managing finances they are judged "mentally defective"??? Where does that put the federal government who have proven they are incapable of managing finances!?
Obama will have managed to double the national debt by the time he leaves office.

Guess that makes him batshit crazy!:badgrin:

I personally don't believe in background checks or anything for gun ownership. But one of the saddest days of my life was when my friend killed himself with a gun. He was an Iraq veteran. All of the signs were there. He shouldn't have owned a gun. That still doesn't change my opinion, but it has changed my attitude. Some people shouldn't own guns. It isn't the government's job to decide who those people are...it is the job of family and friends to handle the situation.

Nutz

Sorry to hear about your friend. We hear about that type of situation way too often.

Nutz

Sorry to hear about your friend. We hear about that type of situation way too often.
He called me at 4am. It was the first time I didn't answer my phone. He killed himself a couple of hours later. A couple of months earlier...he was arrested when his gun went off in his apartment. We thought we took all of his guns away from him...he found one. So sad...he was so young and so full of life. Everyone loved this kid. I don't blame guns though...I blame the VA for not being proactive and handling the situation.

So.....they are classifying all sorts of returning soldiers as to crazy to own guns...and they are putting that on background check registries.........

And this is why we don't trust you ant gun nuts when we discuss putting mental health records into the gun background check system...you are not honest people....you will not deal with the situation in a fair or truthful way and you will use mental health records as just another way to keep healthy, normal people from owning guns....

Grassley to Holder Why Is The VA Putting So Many Veterans on Your Federal Gun Ban List - Katie Pavlich

"The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is effectively a national gun ban list and placement on the list precludes the ownership and possession of firearms. According to the Congressional Research Service, as of June 1, 2012, 99.3% of all names reported to the NICS list’s "mental defective” category were provided by the Veterans Administration (VA) even though reporting requirements apply to all federal agencies. And that percentage remained virtually unchanged as of April 2013. Given the numbers, it is essential to ensure that the process by which the VA reports names to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for placement on the NICS list recognizes and protects the fundamental nature of veterans’ rights under the Second Amendment," Grassley wrote in the letter. "Specifically, once the VA determines that a veteran requires a fiduciary to administer benefit payments, the VA reports that veteran to the gun ban list, consequently denying his or her right to possess and own firearms.

Wow....99.3% of the names are our soldiers....who carried weapons in combat for us over seas....and now can't carry a weapon here at home for their own defense.........like the one soldier who had insomnia....and got flagged.....
I personally don't believe in background checks or anything for gun ownership. But one of the saddest days of my life was when my friend killed himself with a gun. He was an Iraq veteran. All of the signs were there. He shouldn't have owned a gun. That still doesn't change my opinion, but it has changed my attitude. Some people shouldn't own guns. It isn't the government's job to decide who those people are...it is the job of family and friends to handle the situation.
There is only one reason they would be doing this. Who better to resist a totalitarian government than trained soldiers? Take away their guns, and they can't resist. Remember. The government is not your friend.

thank gawd. shit, some of these crazy vets are applying to be cops...
Every so often I'll look at some blocked content, and it reaffirms my decision to ignore the stupid bastard. Case in point.^

This is illegal, it requires a JUDGE to determine you have to lose your rights. That is the law.
Wrong, it has nothing to do with 'losing one's rights,' whatever that's supposed to mean. One cannot 'lose his rights,'

“A Delayed message from the NICS indicates the subject of a NICS background check has been matched with a similar name and similar descriptive information associated with a record containing a potential state or federal firearm prohibition. The NICS Section must obtain additional information before making a final determination of a Proceed or Denied for the firearm transfer. The NICS Section is afforded three business days in which to conduct this research. If the NICS Section is unable to provide either a Proceed or Denied response to the Federal Firearms Licensee within three business days, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 does not prohibit the Federal Firearms Licensee, or FFL, from transferring the firearm; however, the FFL is not required to do so.”

FBI Reasons NICS Background Checks are Denied or Delayed

Consequently the following from the cited OP article is a lie:

“The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is effectively a national gun ban list and placement on the list precludes the ownership and possession of firearms.”

The NICS is not a 'ban list,' no citizen can be 'denied' taking possession of his firearm if the government is not able to justify the denied or delayed response received by the FFL from the System.

And if the NICS Section makes a final determination to deny, that decision can be appealed by the denied citizen:

“If you believe you have been erroneously denied a firearm transfer based on a match to a record returned by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), you may request an appeal of your deny decision. The provisions for appeals are outlined in the NICS Regulations at Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.10, and Subsection 103 (f) and (g) and Section 104 of theBrady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993.”

Gun Background Check Denial Appeal Process

This is yet another example of conservatives attempting to contrive and propagate yet another lie for some perceived partisan advantage, which is both sad and telling.

thank gawd. shit, some of these crazy vets are applying to be cops...
Every so often I'll look at some blocked content, and it reaffirms my decision to ignore the stupid bastard. Case in point.^
from the retarded adult with the juvenile avatar and the spelting deficit?

Dante feels honored

Forum List

Back