This is why Mexican citizens are being slaughtered...they have no access to guns....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is gun grabber paradise........in Mexico, only the police and military have access to guns.......and the drug cartels who hire the police and military to help them murder Mexican Citizens...

The Mexican Constitution says that Mexicans have a right to guns....but it is a Right that only exists on paper.....there is one gun store in all of Mexico.....and it is controlled by the military......and normal people need not bother trying to get a gun to defend themselves from the police, the military and their drug cartel allies....

At Mexico's lone gun store, even the boss discourages sales

Mexico’s constitution guarantees citizens’ right to own a handgun and hunting rifles for self-defense and sport. Legally getting your hands on one, however, requires clearing a series of bureaucratic hurdles far stricter than in the United States and, for many, travelling great distances to reach the country’s lone gun store.

In fact, most of Mexico’s 120 million inhabitants probably don’t even know about the Directorate of Arms and Munitions Sales — it is prohibited from advertising any of its goods, or the mere fact that it exists.

-----------

Although gun ownership is enshrined in the constitution, the provision also empowers the government to regulate the types of weapons that are permitted and under what conditions. Mexicans can legally purchase one handgun for home protection, while members of hunting or shooting clubs can acquire up to nine rifles of no more than .30 caliber and shotguns up to 12 gauge, said the store’s manager, Col. Eduardo Tellez Moreno.

--------

At least six separate documents are required to buy a gun: a birth certificate, a letter confirming employment, proof of a clean criminal record from the attorney general’s office in the applicant’s home state, a utility bill with current address, a copy of a government-issued ID and a federal social security number.

Gun owners must register every weapon they have, and people say it’s nearly impossible to secure a concealed carry permit, something that’s allowed in the majority of U.S. states.

Luciano Segurajauregui Alvarez, a gun advocate who shoots recreationally and competitively, said those permits are routinely denied.

“If I put my papers in ... they’re going to take about three to four, even six months, and then send me a letter telling me that it’s the obligation of the state to provide security for all people in Mexico, so your permit is denied,” said Segurajauregui, who is a professor of design at Mexico’s Metropolitan Autonomous University.

The country recorded more than 164,000 killings between 2007 and 2014, according to official statistics.

So...this is the problem with taxes, fees and other requirments on a Right.....the government can use them to deny the Right.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back