This is Why Reid, Pelosi, and Obama are Correct.

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
993703_10201972885746799_1918622772_n.jpg

I guess you can't accuse these folks of hypocrisy, can you? Obviously they are correct. I guess even fools can be right once. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm80d4XUgFg]President Reagan Warns Against Not Raising the Debt Ceiling - YouTube[/ame]

(insert nuke sound demolishing this BS right wing thread) :up:

President Reagan Warns Against Not Raising the Debt Ceiling - YouTube

That was then...this is now.
You must consider the debt as a percentage of GDP. when Reagan was in office, it was down around 30%. In 2010 it was up around 70%

Any fool can see that when it gets to 100% we are in trouble! Only a fool could be in favor of increasing the debt today.

Gross National Debt as a Percent of GDP, by President

Edit:
Today's GDP: http://www.bankrate.com/rates/econo...24959&ef_id=UkTlEAAABPAGfegZ:20131015092912:s

Please note that our debt of 17 trillion dollars now exceeds the GNP of 16.6 trillion dollars (as of 10/9/2013)

We have more debt than GNP. We don't need to increase the debt ceiling or the debt. We need to DECREASE the debt and INCREASE the GNP...but nooooooooo! We keep buying more goods from other countries....including OIL.

Last edited:
Quick question....................did anyone ever consider that Reagan has been dead for a while, and also, did anyone consider that Jr. was probably one of the worst presidents that ever happened?

Sorry, but Obama is better than Reagan ever thought of being, but there are lots of followers who think otherwise.

Reagan sucked, and yeah..................I served some of my time under him.................I hope he rots in hell (as well as his idiot wife), but if called as a Helljumper, I would bail him out.

However....................I still think Reagan sucks ass, and should be held accountable.

Sorry but I disagree.

Reagan wasn't perfect but he sure as hell was a better POTUS that arrogant asshole who currently occupies the WH.

Reagan had to clean up the mess Carter left him and what a mess it was. He did that and a hell of a lot better than jackass who thought it was more important to saddle the taxpayers with the ACA than it was to get to work on the economy. He's an asshole.

Of course Reagan could and did work across the aisle with Tip. Barry has no intention of working across the aisle and hasn't even tried. He's an arrogant elitist asshole and if you think he gives a flying fuck for you or anyone else then you my friend are living in la la land.

Barrry a great President? Not fucking hardly.

Quick question....................did anyone ever consider that Reagan has been dead for a while, and also, did anyone consider that Jr. was probably one of the worst presidents that ever happened?

Sorry, but Obama is better than Reagan ever thought of being, but there are lots of followers who think otherwise.

Reagan sucked, and yeah..................I served some of my time under him.................I hope he rots in hell (as well as his idiot wife), but if called as a Helljumper, I would bail him out.

However....................I still think Reagan sucks ass, and should be held accountable.

Thank you for more proof that you are severely misguided. Reagan outspent the USSR and caused its collapse. Reagan's spending improved the economy.

Your boy , Obama is the worst President in history. His spending is (as he planned) destroying the economy.

Sorry but I disagree.

Reagan wasn't perfect but he sure as hell was a better POTUS that arrogant asshole who currently occupies the WH.

Reagan had to clean up the mess Carter left him and what a mess it was. He did that and a hell of a lot better than jackass who thought it was more important to saddle the taxpayers with the ACA than it was to get to work on the economy. He's an asshole.

Of course Reagan could and did work across the aisle with Tip. Barry has no intention of working across the aisle and hasn't even tried. He's an arrogant elitist asshole and if you think he gives a flying fuck for you or anyone else then you my friend are living in la la land.

Bullshit.

Carter appointed Paul Volcker to undo the stagflation that was caused by both Nixon and not addressed during the Ford Administration. Carter also stood up to oil companies and fought hard against their tactics to put a stranglehold on the American economy. Additionally Iran was ready to release the hostages until Reagan made a deal with them to keep them under wraps until after the election. That, and the wheat embargo convinced the Soviets that they couldn't compete on an economic level or feed their own people.

Reagan was handed an economy in recovery and both a Soviet Union and oil companies, cowed.

What happened?

Reagan's deregulation bonanza sent the financial industry into a tail spin that required bailout after bailout.

Reagan funded terrorists in Central America and Afghanistan, the latter of which would come and commit the worst terrorist attack against this nation. While it partially led to the break up of the Soviet Union, that break up would cost the United States billions to provide a soft landing to the Russian economy.

Stagnant wages for Americans, vast deficits and bust and boom economies are the legacy of Ronald Reagan.

Thank you for more proof that you are severely misguided. Reagan outspent the USSR and caused its collapse. Reagan's spending improved the economy.

Your boy , Obama is the worst President in history. His spending is (as he planned) destroying the economy.

:lol:

His "spending" both saved the economy and prevented the financial collapse.

Reagan faced nothing like what Obama faced.

Sorry but I disagree.

Bullshit.

Carter appointed Paul Volcker to undo the stagflation that was caused by both Nixon and not addressed during the Ford Administration. Carter also stood up to oil companies and fought hard against their tactics to put a stranglehold on the American economy. Additionally Iran was ready to release the hostages until Reagan made a deal with them to keep them under wraps until after the election. That, and the wheat embargo convinced the Soviets that they couldn't compete on an economic level or feed their own people.

Reagan was handed an economy in recovery and both a Soviet Union and oil companies, cowed.

What happened?

Reagan's deregulation bonanza sent the financial industry into a tail spin that required bailout after bailout.

Reagan funded terrorists in Central America and Afghanistan, the latter of which would come and commit the worst terrorist attack against this nation. While it partially led to the break up of the Soviet Union, that break up would cost the United States billions to provide a soft landing to the Russian economy.

Stagnant wages for Americans, vast deficits and bust and boom economies are the legacy of Ronald Reagan.

WOW. Your quick to point out all of Reagans perceived mistakes.

To bad your not as quick with your boy Barry.

Oh wait. I forgot. He's your boy. Never mind.

Oh and BTW. For such a shitty POTUS Reagan got elected in a landslide for his second term. Apparantly America didn't agree with your assesment of his abilities. LOL

Last edited:

That is just one of the most stupid comments I have seen written lately.
One president that you like spends money like a drunken sailor and its all good. It improved the economy (you say). Another president you hate spends money like a drunken sailor and he is destroying the economy.

You don't think you hatred is coloring your opinion do you?

Ever notice how the minute anyone criticizes Barry in rebut you get all kinds of things someone else did??

Of course they don't want to dwell on just how shitty their boy is. Its much easier to criticize someone else.

Last edited:

The only reason that Obama can't outspend those who would harm this nation is because he's being hamstrung by the GOP tea party idiots.

Sorry.........................but my fellow brothers and sisters in arms (meaning the U.S. Military) are going to be wondering about their checks, and also, the veterans are wondering where their benefits will come from.

The Teabaggers like to say they support the military. If so, why did they shut down the government?

And...................more importantly, did they realize that the military is part of the government?

President Reagan Warns Against Not Raising the Debt Ceiling - YouTube

Nice try

-Geaux

Playing the Reagan card on the debt ceiling is misleading - Salon.com

Democrats, you may have noticed, have spent the past few days shopping around decades-old clips of Ronald Reagan explaining the importance of raising the debt ceiling. The implication: Even the Gipper would be on our side in our showdown with the GOP of today!

It makes for a nice talking point: Congressional Republicans are flirting with forcing a debt default if their sweeping demands for spending cuts aren’t met, but here’s some video of the right’s preeminent icon chastising Congress for “bringing the country to the edge of default before facing its responsibility.” But removed from their context, Reagan’s words don’t really tell us much about what he’d be saying or doing if he were around today.

The particular Reagan quote comes from September 1987, when he agreed to extend the debt ceiling from $2.1 trillion to $2.8 trillion. A few days ago, Democrats dusted it off, calling it “an adult moment.”

“Ronald Reagan raised the debt ceiling and without the taking of any hostages,” John Larson, the fourth-ranking House Democrat declared. “Yes, there were political disagreements as there always are, but at the end of the day the country voted bipartisanly to make sure you didn’t put people on the brink.”

Actually, though, there was hostage-taking back in ’87, except it was on a bipartisan basis.

Forum List

Back