This makes one wonder...

...what makes Muslims tick..

The same thing that makes you and everyone else ‘tick.’

And to infer that this is somehow ‘representative’ of all Muslims renders the premise of your thread a hasty generalization fallacy.

There is no inference. Its a simple fact.
I'm not shocked a lefty would stick up for an anti American faction of a religion...
And of course being a lib, you chose to pick the parts of my post you felt were necessary to support your knee jerk reaction.
Look, don't ever try to read things in their entirety and do anything but groupthink...

With all due respect, we don't go running around with suicide vests strapped to our bodies, and blowing ourselves up.

It may not be common but many others kill themselves for their beliefs.

This man wasn't Muslim.

Thích Qu?ng ??c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Th%C3%ADch_Qu%E1%BA%A3ng_%C4%90%E1%BB%A9c_self-immolation.jpg

That is correct.

With all due respect, we don't go running around with suicide vests strapped to our bodies, and blowing ourselves up.

It may not be common but many others kill themselves for their beliefs.

This man wasn't Muslim.

Thích Qu?ng ??c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Th%C3%ADch_Qu%E1%BA%A3ng_%C4%90%E1%BB%A9c_self-immolation.jpg
Good point. However, it's extremely rare in western society to see anyone killing themselves for their beliefs.

True, instead we pick up a gun and start shooting people. Deaths by terrorism are on a par with being struck by lightning.

Guns, cars, smoking, obesity kill off way more people each year.

So what makes Americans "tick" so that they overlook the self inflicted carnage on our doorsteps and point a finger at others?
Pure deflection.
I find it remarkable that anyone would rationalize suicide bombings, flying planes into skyscrapers, blowing up military barracks and otherwise engaging in gutless attacks on mostly innocent people.
And don't dredge up Timothy Mc Veigh as an offset. That bird don't fly

Neither do 99% of muslims.

You must admit though that most religion based terror is by members of Islam.
What has concerned me most is the deafening silence from main stream Muslims. They for whatever reason refuse to speak out against the small minority of their faith which gives cause for people out side of Islam to distrust Islam.

True, 99% of muslims are descent folk. The question is what makes the 1% who would be willing to put on a vest packed with explosives tick?

I would to see the source for which 99% is claimed. Regardless, for those of us who have suffered at the hands of these scumbags percentage points do not mean shit!

True, instead we pick up a gun and start shooting people. Deaths by terrorism are on a par with being struck by lightning.

So what makes Americans "tick" so that they overlook the self inflicted carnage on our doorsteps and point a finger at others?
I agree that we are way more likely in our western society to be killed by someone on a shooting spree, than by an act of terrorism. A notable exception would be the Boston bombers. It is very unlikely here that someone would walk around with a vest packed with explosives. This however is not the case in Iraq or Afghanistan. Why would Muslims there be willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of their religion, but not here? What makes them tick, referencing back to the OP?

As for what makes Americans tick in regards to the mass shootings, I would say it has to do with severe mental illness.

True, 99% of muslims are descent folk. The question is what makes the 1% who would be willing to put on a vest packed with explosives tick?

Apparently the libs on here believe that it is not permitted to ask that question....That is witnessed by the number of deflection posts..
The libs here did not speak to the subject matter which is the beliefs of some Muslims. No, they went down the "well this one or than one did bad stuff too" road...
Gee, don't dare discuss the issue. Just post some unrelated nonsense and muddy the waters.

The linked article seemed to be about the Boston shooter's widow --I didn't read it. Notice no comments about the article.

Several months after the Boston tragedy--there was discussion about the degree of involvement the widow might have had. I assume nothing was discovered--since there has been no further discussion?

What's your point?

I would to see the source for which 99% is claimed. Regardless, for those of us who have suffered at the hands of these scumbags percentage points do not mean shit!
I agree, even 1% is 1% too many.

And even then - most acts of terrorism in the US are not done by Muslims so, if by chance you miss being struck by lightening and get hit by a terrorist instead...it's likely to be a Christian (given the demographics here). ;)

Apparently the libs on here believe that it is not permitted to ask that question....That is witnessed by the number of deflection posts..
The libs here did not speak to the subject matter which is the beliefs of some Muslims. No, they went down the "well this one or than one did bad stuff too" road...
Gee, don't dare discuss the issue. Just post some unrelated nonsense and muddy the waters.

It is permitted to ask that question. Absolutely. What makes you think it is not?

What a stupid thing to say.

And the Bible?

Haven't seen anyone, Muslim or not, wearing a vest with sewn-on bibles.

Also, Bibles generally don't explode. But they do make quite an assortment of people feel very, very threatened.

No but I have seen Christians using the bible to justify abortion clinic bombings and killing doctors who perform abortions.

Because you won't recognize your extremists doesn't mean they don't exist.

And the Bible?

Haven't seen anyone, Muslim or not, wearing a vest with sewn-on bibles.

Also, Bibles generally don't explode. But they do make quite an assortment of people feel very, very threatened.

No but I have seen Christians using the bible to justify abortion clinic bombings and killing doctors who perform abortions.

Because you won't recognize your extremists doesn't mean they don't exist.
The discussion is not pertinent to Christians.
it is focused on the well documented extremism and resulting violence associated with Islam. The side issue is while it is accepted that some 95% of Muslims reject this behavior, their silence on the damage the extremists do to the Muslim religions is deafening.
BTW, when was the last time an abortion clinic was bombed? When was the last time extremism where a Christian blew up anything?
What I find disturbing is people like you who make excuses for Muslim extremists. This is because you are so blinded by you liberal ideology that you are told to view Christians as the "conservative enemy"....
Sickening it is how you libs will support Muslims because you view them as a politically correct protected class.
They can do no wrong, correct?

It is permitted to ask that question. Absolutely. What makes you think it is not?

What a stupid thing to say.

Oh? Have you read your own responses to the questions?
You libs will not allow any discussion. The vitriol with which you people respond is remarkable.

Forum List

Back