This one is a doozy

Who will pay for all those plane rides.

OR who can best afford to relocate?

The father of course. And since the mother already spent nine months with the baby, they are now even.

Frankly, I would have lied the minute I knew he had moved on. "Yeah, I was seeing somebody else at the time; you aren't the father." If she had it to do over again, she likely would lie.

The father of course. And since the mother already spent nine months with the baby, they are now even.

Frankly, I would have lied the minute I knew he had moved on. "Yeah, I was seeing somebody else at the time; you aren't the father." If she had it to do over again, she likely would lie.

They are both being kind of selfish, I mean the baby should know them both and see them both.

It's just sad really.

They are both being kind of selfish, I mean the baby should know them both and see them both.

It's just sad really.

These things rarely work out well

The question is who is the better parent

Without that fact being known, it's simply sad

“U made this choice against my wish.”

Hmm. Maybe he didn't want kids at all and she decided to stop taking birth control pills...or poked a hole in his condum. No telling what is going on with this case, so how can anyone judge it?

With that said....if he has to pay child support, then he has a right to see his child. If he isn't paying child support, then....why isn't he?

He is the father. Nothing can be done to change that. She is the kids mothers. Nothing can change that either. Both have rights. But the one that is getting all the bullshit is the poor kid.

They had a six-week relationship.

he fathered the child, he has as much right to his child as she does. Or are you suggesting that forcing the father to pay while denying him his rights is ok?

And you think the woman should be punished for moving while pregnant? What about her rights?

Honestly, after reading the article, maybe the best solution is to find some good parents for the little one. Neither of those in the article appear to fit the bill.

Again, increasingly sad each time I read it.

Drop the freaking egos and do what's right for the kid..

he fathered the child, he has as much right to his child as she does. Or are you suggesting that forcing the father to pay while denying him his rights is ok?

No..he does not.

No, that is not fair, either

Je carries the kid for 9 months and delivers the kid, he has the same rights as she does.

But I agree it isn't fair also.

He has had and supported the child for 9 months too. I would say they are equal at this point.

Something ain't right about this case. Either they left something out or the whole thing is a fabrication. If they weren't married there is no way in the world a court would penalize a pregnant woman for moving to another state. My guess is there is evidence that she sought a late term abortion or attempted a late term abortion and the baby survived.

It's not that I don't believe they should have to develop a good custody schedule after the child was born. But to chain a pregnant woman to a particular location or else she loses her infant, that's ridiculous.

She has a right to move wherever the hell she wants. If he wants to see the kid, then it's up to him to go see it.Whever it is at the time. Out of the country? Well..that is another whole kettle of ballgame.

I'm with pops. Place the child in a home where there is no drama like this. The parents aren't grown up enough to do it...that is quite obvious to see.

Last edited:
(Yes, kettle of ballgame was deliberate).
No, I am not drunk. No I have not taken any pills.

I'm baaaaaaaaack (to normal, that is). :lol:

They had a six-week relationship.

And you think the woman should be punished for moving while pregnant? What about her rights?

What about them? She got pregnant, she decided to keep the kid, he's gonna pay child support, she needs to be sure he gets to see his child.

What about them? She got pregnant, she decided to keep the kid, he's gonna pay child support, she needs to be sure he gets to see his child.

He was given custody because she moved to New York.

Something ain't right about this case. Either they left something out or the whole thing is a fabrication. If they weren't married there is no way in the world a court would penalize a pregnant woman for moving to another state. My guess is there is evidence that she sought a late term abortion or attempted a late term abortion and the baby survived.

If she wants an abortion, that is up to her, and there is nothing - or should be nothing - the man can do to prevent it.

It's a tough one but I've come to the conclusion that granting the mother custody based solely on the fact that she gave birth to the child is stupid.

Like it or not, while it resides in her womb, she has custody of it.

Way to misread a statement..... FYI, "gave" implies in the past. She already has given birth which means the child is no longer in her womb.

I'm wondering if either of them used protection. And if so...then..well..shit happens. He will be paying child support for 18 years.

With that said...I feel bad for the guys that don't want children and the woman tricks them. Like the last roomie that just moved out? He broke up with her and he moved out. I said they came as a couple and must leave as a couple. But then I felt bad for her (idiot that I am) and said she could stay awhile longer. Then they got back together again, i.e. dating only, not living together. Until she told me awhile later that she stopped her birth control pills cuz if she got preggers, then she would have more power over him (he was a mama's boy). I said "well, you get pregnant, you are OUT of here". She then lied and said she was just kidding (not). A month later, I gave her notice. Why? Because while he was being with mama, SHE was having another guy over every night. Oh, I think she was gonna get pregnant all right. But which one would be the pa?

Guys need to really really think about sex and trusting their sex partner. So do the girls. Tempting fate is not a good idea..especially if one is stupid enough to not consider the one paying the ultimate price...which would be the kid.

I'm wondering if either of them used protection. And if so...then..well..shit happens. He will be paying child support for 18 years.

With that said...I feel bad for the guys that don't want children and the woman tricks them. Like the last roomie that just moved out? He broke up with her and he moved out. I said they came as a couple and must leave as a couple. But then I felt bad for her (idiot that I am) and said she could stay awhile longer. Then they got back together again, i.e. dating only, not living together. Until she told me awhile later that she stopped her birth control pills cuz if she got preggers, then she would have more power over him (he was a mama's boy). I said "well, you get pregnant, you are OUT of here". She then lied and said she was just kidding (not). A month later, I gave her notice. Why? Because while he was being with mama, SHE was having another guy over every night. Oh, I think she was gonna get pregnant all right. But which one would be the pa?

Guys need to really really think about sex and trusting their sex partner. So do the girls. Tempting fate is not a good idea..especially if one is stupid enough to not consider the one paying the ultimate price...which would be the kid.

I O U rep.

Forum List

Back