This place will be a colossal bore on wednesday

There are whackos on all sides, McKinney, Wexler, Kuchinich all attempted to bring impeachment charges against Bush, often exciting the netroots. Where did those attempts go? Same place right netroots exciting attempts against Obama will go.

Seriously, if the new Congress goes all witch hunt, they'll be seeing the other side of the door in 2012. While they may not get through all attempts to cut government size and costs under control in the next two years, they better damn well be focusing on just that.

Considering the way the polling has been going, anyone who has been paying attention knows that the GOP will likely take the house and make strides for the senate. The thing is, some people have built up this event to be such a big thing, that it is going to be a huge disappointment and lack of reaching expectations for many people.

Personally, I don't see much changing past November even if the GOP wins except gridlock. Combined with that, attempted impeachment of Obama along with the GOP civil war that will occur will pretty much lead to an Obama reelection.

All I can say is the 2012 Republican Primary will be a riot to watch on here.

I asked you this in another thread which you abandoned...

Who will try to impeach 0bama?

BTW, gridlock is a good thing when YOUR heroes haven't learned to put away the checkbook...

I'm hoping for gridlock.Compared to what's been going on that is a perfect solution for me.:eusa_drool:

Because "neener neener" from either side is a waste of time.

That doesn't mean I won't be here late on Tuesday to see what happens.
\

I suspect that what will happen is that we will debate what the outcome really means.

Some of the partisans here will see a modest victory and call it a mandate to effect massive change in policy.

Others will see the same numbers and call it a mandate for more of same.

I will see it and say that it's meaningless. I will tell you that the basic divide in zietgiest hasn't changed, and that the independents have thrown their support (as they so often do when economics is the issue) to the party that was out of power.

EXACTLY as they did when the DEms took over last election cycle.

This will lead to more of the same gridlock that is killing this nation, right now.

If gridlock stops YOUR 0bama's spending spree, then I'm good with it...

Yawn.... Got anything that isn't a fucking blog? Plus, there was nothing about impeachment there, junior... FAIL....

O grow up, Dr. House. They'll be there less than a month before the impeachment hearings begin.
wow, i'd say it is YOU that needs to GROW UP
especially since House was 100% correct that the so called proof bert posted didnt back his claim about impeachment at all

I wasn't born yesterday, DiveCon. Obama is vulnerable -- for shenanigans at DOJ and DOI, for starters. There will be some official Congressional act to open an impeachment hearing within 30 days after the new guys take office. If you seriously believe the tea baggers etc. aren't out for blood, dream on.

Wanna bet money? I'll give you 2 to 1 odds.

If gridlock stops YOUR 0bama's spending spree, then I'm good with it...

Yawn.... Got anything that isn't a fucking blog? Plus, there was nothing about impeachment there, junior... FAIL....

O grow up, Dr. House. They'll be there less than a month before the impeachment hearings begin.

Nonsense. Absolute fantasy.

There could be a CALL for impeachment -- theoretically -- but hearings? Not a chance.

I find it amusing you tea baggers are so anxious to play at being Little Mary Sunshine about this. You ain't fooling a soul.

Now, I'll admit, I haven't looked into the procedure involved in impeachment but yes, there'll be some sort of move that-a-way almost immediately. Or are you suggesting they will forego an opportunity to harrass, embarrass and possibly impeach Obama?

Riiiiight. I'll give you the same odds as I offered DiveCon, but if you lay down over $5, I'll have to find someone to take the bank.

:blahblah:

Juniorbert is pissed because he can't vote.
Anyway, my prediction is the lefties here will be claiming victory because the GOP did not win every single race. The rest of us will know the truth that the election was one big referendum on Obama, and the voters hate him and his disgustingly bad policies.
Personally I can't wait for the election to be over. I'm just about sick of hearing about it.

Not one ad here in Ohio mentioned Obama....all the issues are l-o-c-a-l. I suspect it will be that way elsewhere too.

But yeah, everyone is ready for the election to be over. I feel like I am going to a wedding and I already know, the food at the reception will suck.

There are whackos on all sides, McKinney, Wexler, Kuchinich all attempted to bring impeachment charges against Bush, often exciting the netroots. Where did those attempts go? Same place right netroots exciting attempts against Obama will go.

Seriously, if the new Congress goes all witch hunt, they'll be seeing the other side of the door in 2012. While they may not get through all attempts to cut government size and costs under control in the next two years, they better damn well be focusing on just that.

When did Kucinich try on impeachment of Obama? The man is a total liberal. That makes no sense.

Considering the way the polling has been going, anyone who has been paying attention knows that the GOP will likely take the house and make strides for the senate. The thing is, some people have built up this event to be such a big thing, that it is going to be a huge disappointment and lack of reaching expectations for many people.

Personally, I don't see much changing past November even if the GOP wins except gridlock. Combined with that, attempted impeachment of Obama along with the GOP civil war that will occur will pretty much lead to an Obama reelection.

LOL! Obama's too far gone to even redeem himself in the eyes of the people that DID vote for him (except maybe Jillian), much less actually get re-elected for a second term.

Because "neener neener" from either side is a waste of time.

That doesn't mean I won't be here late on Tuesday to see what happens.

I suspect that what will happen is that we will debate what the outcome really means.

Some of the partisans here will see a modest victory and call it a mandate to effect massive change in policy.

Others will see the same numbers and call it a mandate for more of same.

I will see it and say that it's meaningless. I will tell you that the basic divide in zietgiest hasn't changed, and that the independents have thrown their support (as they so often do when economics is the issue) to the party that was out of power.

EXACTLY as they did when the DEms took over last election cycle.

This will lead to more of the same gridlock that is killing this nation, right now.

There will also be much wailing about voter fraud, some of it even legitimate.

LOL! Obama's too far gone to even redeem himself in the eyes of the people that DID vote for him (except maybe Jillian), much less actually get re-elected for a second term.

Mebbe so. Depends on whether the incoming tea baggers and socially conservative GOP-ers piss off the left enough. Obama is correct about one thing -- and that's, even the worst Dem makes almost even the best GOP-er look great on issues of social justice.

We won't know until 2012, but Obama is not going to have a primary opponent.

LOL. What the new people will focus on will be personal enrichment and pork for the home district. Just as in '94. And then they will follow which ever nut job brays the loudest and try to show how they are protecting the nation against Obama, just as they did with Clinton. And the economy will rapidly head for the gutter once more as they gridlock government on policies that would bring jobs back to the US.

When did Kucinich try on impeachment of Obama? The man is a total liberal. That makes no sense.

Continuing to talk out of your ass? The post said Kucinich moved to impeach BUSH.
There will be no impeachment proceedings against Obama given what is known right now. $50 says so.

Nonsense. Absolute fantasy.

There could be a CALL for impeachment -- theoretically -- but hearings? Not a chance.

I find it amusing you tea baggers are so anxious to play at being Little Mary Sunshine about this. You ain't fooling a soul.

Now, I'll admit, I haven't looked into the procedure involved in impeachment but yes, there'll be some sort of move that-a-way almost immediately. Or are you suggesting they will forego an opportunity to harrass, embarrass and possibly impeach Obama?

Riiiiight. I'll give you the same odds as I offered DiveCon, but if you lay down over $5, I'll have to find someone to take the bank.

:blahblah:

You fake Republicans are more amusing than the ones you call Tea Party-ers.

(I know you used the other term, but I reject the effort by you libs, so I choose to correct it and you).

I guarantee you that once again you are wrong.

The move to impeach President Obama cannot rest on anything done so far, since nothing he has done so far amounts to a high crime or misdemeanor.

You can run around like Chicken Little all you want, Maddy. But the fact is, your alarmist shrieking is quite baseless.

By the way, I have not earned the handle "Tea Party-er." Yet.

Finally, you are waffling on your "bet" already. I didn't say ANYTHING about harassing him. I merely denied that -- based on anything so far -- there will be ANY move to impeach President Obama. I guarantee you that (unless something solid suddenly gets revealed with quality evidence), there will be absolutely no impeachment hearings undertaken in the soon to be GOP controlled House.

Last edited:
... Kuchinich all attempted to bring impeachment charges against Bush, ....

Go back to your bedroom and retrieve your brain. You left it on your pillow.

She's right.

Kucinich changed his position on Obama's HC plan.

He's back in the camp of the moderate Dems.

I'd put the possibility of Kucinich calling for Obama's impeachment right up there with Geroge Bush Senior calling for the trial of his son for crimes against humanity while he was POTUS.

Forum List

Back