This shit needs to stop NOW. Ford moving ALL small production to Mexico

I thought capitalism revolved around the actions of The Market.
According to free market acolytes on this very forum The Market will decide whether Ford has made a good move or not.
Why are so many people wanting to go against their free market principles and dictate to Ford?
Why would you introduce regulations to force Ford to stay in the US when it might not be in their best business interests?
Isn't it true that the government knows nothing about private enterprise, they fuck up everything they touch, they should be taken out of the way of The Market and private enterprise and let them get back to the business of making money?

Cut regulations so they want to stay:thup:
Could you ever cut regulations enough so that you have less regulations than every other Third World country?
How low would you have to go?

I see a national Boycott in ford's future. This is one Boycott I would join. Ford had the good will when they turned down the bailouts. Now they're preparing to piss it all away.
Still not awake yet? Where was your boycott when Ford was supporting and funding the Nazis during WW II?
laugh.gif
The Ford diesel sucks.
Glad I have a Cummins

Welcome to Capitalism 2016. What do you think Capitalism is?
My position is CLEAR, your diversion is pointless. Congress can pass laws to protect American workers from foreign competition and it will have little impact on capitalism, if any with the exception of companies that want to fuck over American workers.

I am curious what laws you suggest.

Sincerely.

I think it is much easier to be outraged than to find a real solution.
Read the op before asking pointless questions.

Thanks

This?

We need legislation that says if you are an American founded company and you move your production out of country you will be required to pay a HUGE fee to ship your products back into the states.

This trend MUST BE STOPPED. No more empty promises about creating jobs. It is time to SAVE THE JOBS.

Okay- lets go with that idea.

Ford USA stops producing the Ford Fiesta in the United States. Then Ford starts a new company in Mexico called Fexico- and starts manufacturing the new Fexico Miesta in Mexico.

How do you enforce this law?

I am all for looking at ways to keep jobs in the United States- but I don't see how this could be enforceable.
Ford makes more than one car. Shocking news I'm sure. If Ford wants to belly up in the US and move out entirely fuckem. The loss in sales would far outweigh any profit gained by moving entirely and pissing off at least half if not more of the American consumer.

Ford wants to build their loss-lead cars in Mexico. Ford makes little or no profit and the dealers make little, but can pack financing and dealer added crap to the price.

The real profit makers are the big SUV's and trucks which are all made in the US. For instance the profit pack on a 2017 F-450 Premium is $30K. Now when you buy one you know where to start the negotiation.

Realistically, longevity and commercial use, Ford (minus blue-tech) is your only choice for American built. GM is crap, and Dodge, Chrysler, RAM are what crap aspires to be. Light truck, Ford hands down.

My position is CLEAR, your diversion is pointless. Congress can pass laws to protect American workers from foreign competition and it will have little impact on capitalism, if any with the exception of companies that want to fuck over American workers.

Sincerely.

Thanks

This?

We need legislation that says if you are an American founded company and you move your production out of country you will be required to pay a HUGE fee to ship your products back into the states.

This trend MUST BE STOPPED. No more empty promises about creating jobs. It is time to SAVE THE JOBS.

Ford USA stops producing the Ford Fiesta in the United States. Then Ford starts a new company in Mexico called Fexico- and starts manufacturing the new Fexico Miesta in Mexico.

I am all for looking at ways to keep jobs in the United States- but I don't see how this could be enforceable.
Ford makes more than one car. Shocking news I'm sure. If Ford wants to belly up in the US and move out entirely fuckem. The loss in sales would far outweigh any profit gained by moving entirely and pissing off at least half if not more of the American consumer.

Ford wants to build their loss-lead cars in Mexico. Ford makes little or no profit and the dealers make little, but can pack financing and dealer added crap to the price.

The real profit makers are the big SUV's and trucks which are all made in the US. For instance the profit pack on a 2017 F-450 Premium is $30K. Now when you buy one you know where to start the negotiation.

Realistically, longevity and commercial use, Ford (minus blue-tech) is your only choice for American built. GM is crap, and Dodge, Chrysler, RAM are what crap aspires to be. Light truck, Ford hands down.
I've had the best luck with Ford trucks. And Dodge work trucks are a close second. One of my current dodges has over a quarter million miles on it. Hauling & pulling heavy loads. Only minor maintenance so far.
Chevy can't even come close to the reliability of Ford & Dodge trucks

Found
On the
Road
Dead
I see a national Boycott in ford's future. This is one Boycott I would join. Ford had the good will when they turned down the bailouts. Now they're preparing to piss it all away.

Vote Trump Hillary isn't going to do shit
What is it you think Trump's going to do?

Go bankrupt?
Stiff more workers?
Abolish the minimum wage?
Stamp black job applicants with a "c" for colored?
Blacklist Mexicans?

Tell us. What is he going to do?

He'll uhh, do better! Be....stronger! um, make deals! And other generally vague things like cut waste and fraud

oh and Grampa Murked U i believe ford got 9 billion. But unlike GM it didn't cost us 11 billion
That was a loan. Different than the bail out
Depends on how you look at it. They took money before even GM and they got it to invest for the main reason for the bankruptcies. Fuel efficiency. If they didn't get that loan, they could have very well been filing bankruptcy too.
But technically, you are right.

Sincerely.

Thanks

This?

I've had the best luck with Ford trucks. And Dodge work trucks are a close second. One of my current dodges has over a quarter million miles on it. Hauling & pulling heavy loads. Only minor maintenance so far.

Dodge Trucks are rust buckets. I have three Chevys I use for my business, 2 vans and a pickup. The 2 vans have 250,000 miles on them. No oil leaks no leaks at all

Thanks

This?

Dodge Trucks are rust buckets. I have three Chevys I use for my business, 2 vans and a pickup. The 2 vans have 250,000 miles on them. No oil leaks no leaks at all
Yeah they rust pretty bad but rust doesn't sideline my job. I've had about 35 trucks in the last 25 years so I've got the experience to know which ones are reliable. And vans are useless to me

This?

Yeah they rust pretty bad but rust doesn't sideline my job. I've had about 35 trucks in the last 25 years so I've got the experience to know which ones are reliable. And vans are useless to me

Rust doesn't look good. My boy turned in his 2 year old Dodge truck, it had already started to rust...crazy

Rust doesn't look good. My boy turned in his 2 year old Dodge truck, it had already started to rust...crazy
It doesn't look good but those are labor trucks not estimate trucks. The have a shitty double panel on the fenders that traps moisture

Sincerely.

Thanks

This?

Older Dodges? Sure. Not the new FIAT Dodges. Crap! I forgot Jeep, such a shame.

Just shut up dumbfuck. I wasn't even born till 68. Should I ban all German products because they once supported a Nazi regime? Are you going to ban the Democratic party because they once supported slavery?

Don't be such a dumbass
I figure it's you who's the 'dumbass' because you won't have any choice in the matter. You'll buy FoMoCo or GM, or Chrysler Motors no matter if they are made in Mexico, China, Korea, or Columbia. Of course you could get smart and buy a Japanese car .... but with logic like 'Just shut up dumbfuck' you haven't got enough intelligence to make that decision.
ngbbs450da9c541c1a.gif
I don't drive cars. I drive big work trucks. Go fuck yourself. A couple more asinine posts by you and you'll be joining the children's table on ignore.
So do I.

My current truck was made in Mexico. :(

Congress does not need to wait for Trump or Hillary to put a stop to this bullshit.

Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico

You're full of it as usual. The head drama queen, and so on.

First off. If the jobs are going, it's better they go to our friends south of the border so they won't be showing up here as illegals looking for a job, and a better way of life.

Second. Fuck China. We already sent them to many jobs.

Nafta was supposed to help mexico as well as usa. But the real flood of mexicans to this country came after Nafta.

At least you're more informed than that bugger op.

And yes, what you say is mostly true, but you didn't tell the whole story.

For most of those companies, Mexico was nothing more than a pit stop on the way to china

Found
On the
Road
Dead
I buy Toyota, they are made in America and employ Americans, not to mention it's a better car too.
Toyota has no work trucks. I haul heavy loads every few days. Not gonna fly in a Corolla. I haven't owned a car in 20+ years
Pablum. Toyota most certainly makes work trucks!

Thanks

This?

Older Dodges? Sure. Not the new FIAT Dodges. Crap! I forgot Jeep, such a shame.
My experience Trump's your nationalistic viewpoint. Not ment as an insult just fact

Found
On the
Road
Dead
I buy Toyota, they are made in America and employ Americans, not to mention it's a better car too.
Toyota has no work trucks. I haul heavy loads every few days. Not gonna fly in a Corolla. I haven't owned a car in 20+ years
Pablum. Toyota most certainly makes work trucks!
Yes my father in law, a builder, bought one. What a joke

Forum List

Back