This shit needs to stop NOW. Ford moving ALL small production to Mexico

You won't believe how they will market it as "Made in America".
I suppose not, but they'll start by changing the Fords ads to, "Made By America!"

No it's worse than that.

:lol:

They are allowed that if even the tires are MIA to claim that it is an American product.

My hubby had the best of times at Saturn pointing out to the union guys that their cars and trucks were made out of Oshawa Ontario. But the poor sops believed the made in America sticker as they were literally running around the parking lot at Saturn keying "foreign cars".
No tiny, I think the law is that they can say "Made in the USA" if the car was put together in the USA, even though ALL of the parts and pieces and components of the car, were produced in a foreign Nation....???

This is how the law was with Shoe Manufacturing and the USA labeling..... You would think cars would be the same.....NOTHING, or NONE of the parts and components of the car has to be made here, as long as they put the parts and pieces together here, the car is "Made in the USA" is my understanding....???
The window sticker lists final assembly AND domestic content. (Actually, I think it is US/Canadian content.) My Magnum (built in Ontario) was ~70%, engine made in Mexico and the transmission in Germany. (Mine was one of the last built before the transmission plant in Illinois ramped up.) My Crown Vic (also built in Ontario) had the engine from Michigan and transmission from Ohio.

Congress does not need to wait for Trump or Hillary to put a stop to this bullshit.

We need legislation that says if you are an American founded company and you move your production out of country you will be required to pay a HUGE fee to ship your products back into the states.

Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico

This trend MUST BE STOPPED. No more empty promises about creating jobs. It is time to SAVE THE JOBS.
Ironic. Didn't I see you just recently bitching about Trump? And he's the only presidential candidate in DECADES trying to put a stop to this. It seems you never trumpers have no clue that if Trump isn't elected president, nothing changes.

Found
On the
Road
Dead
I see a national Boycott in ford's future. This is one Boycott I would join. Ford had the good will when they turned down the bailouts. Now they're preparing to piss it all away.
I buy Toyota, they are made in America and employ Americans, not to mention it's a better car too.
Toyota has no work trucks. I haul heavy loads every few days. Not gonna fly in a Corolla. I haven't owned a car in 20+ years
Pablum. Toyota most certainly makes work trucks!
Yes my father in law, a builder, bought one. What a joke
Toyota builds stronger work trucks than GM or Chrysler, and matches Ford. I have driven one...it was perfectly happy to carry eight tons of cargo without a problem!

I see a national Boycott in ford's future. This is one Boycott I would join. Ford had the good will when they turned down the bailouts. Now they're preparing to piss it all away.
I buy Toyota, they are made in America and employ Americans, not to mention it's a better car too.
Toyota has no work trucks. I haul heavy loads every few days. Not gonna fly in a Corolla. I haven't owned a car in 20+ years
Toyota builds stronger work trucks than GM or Chrysler, and matches Ford. I have driven one...it was perfectly happy to carry eight tons of cargo without a problem!
Shouldn't be too difficult since Toyota ditched it's own engine and went with a Cummins. Cut out the middle man & just buy Dodge

I would take it one step further if it were up to me. You move out entirely your shit is BANNED from being sold in the US. We control imports just like we're supposed to control immigration.
Hope you like sweating...because I'm not sure ANY air conditioners are still US-made! As I recall, ALL ductless central systems are made in China or Japan. (Most seem to be Mitsubishi.)

Of course, your policy would result in the ridiculous end result of not being able to bring in a Mexican-built Ford...but a Mexican-built Honda, Toyota, Freightliner, or Isuzu truck would be fine!

My position is CLEAR, your diversion is pointless. Congress can pass laws to protect American workers from foreign competition and it will have little impact on capitalism, if any with the exception of companies that want to fuck over American workers.

I am curious what laws you suggest.

Sincerely.

I think it is much easier to be outraged than to find a real solution.
Read the op before asking pointless questions.

Thanks

This?

We need legislation that says if you are an American founded company and you move your production out of country you will be required to pay a HUGE fee to ship your products back into the states.

This trend MUST BE STOPPED. No more empty promises about creating jobs. It is time to SAVE THE JOBS.

Okay- lets go with that idea.

Ford USA stops producing the Ford Fiesta in the United States. Then Ford starts a new company in Mexico called Fexico- and starts manufacturing the new Fexico Miesta in Mexico.

How do you enforce this law?

I am all for looking at ways to keep jobs in the United States- but I don't see how this could be enforceable.
Ford makes more than one car. Shocking news I'm sure. If Ford wants to belly up in the US and move out entirely fuckem. The loss in sales would far outweigh any profit gained by moving entirely and pissing off at least half if not more of the American consumer.

Ford wants to build their loss-lead cars in Mexico. Ford makes little or no profit and the dealers make little, but can pack financing and dealer added crap to the price.

The real profit makers are the big SUV's and trucks which are all made in the US. For instance the profit pack on a 2017 F-450 Premium is $30K. Now when you buy one you know where to start the negotiation.

Realistically, longevity and commercial use, Ford (minus blue-tech) is your only choice for American built. GM is crap, and Dodge, Chrysler, RAM are what crap aspires to be. Light truck, Ford hands down.
Does it HURT to be this stupid, kid?

I just realized you said 8 TONS!

Me thinks someone sucks at weight conversion lol.

Guys, in 2012 I bought a Ford Fiesta. It was made in Mexico. This is not news.
What is news is Ford being gutsy enough to plan more exportation of manufacturing when a presidential candidate is telling them exactly what will happen if they do and he's elected. Are they just arrogant or do they know something we don't?

Shouldn't be too difficult since Toyota ditched it's own engine and went with a Cummins. Cut out the middle man & just buy Dodge

Dodge hasn't built a class 7 truck in over thirty years. The trucks do not use a Cummins (though the Freightliner I drive now does), they use Toyota diesels! (The one I drove was a 7.8 litre six with 270HP.)

No...I loaded 16,000lbs into it regularly. Rated for 33,000lbs, I pushed that a few times. We're talking TRUCKS here, dude, not pickups!

Found
On the
Road
Dead

Actually, when gov't was giving free money, Ford ask for it to and it was denied, since they just received $20B line of credit from big banks. It's not that they didn't ask for bailout, they didn't get it.

However, after what commies did with GM and Chrysler, I stop buying GM and switched to Ford.

Dodge hasn't built a class 7 truck in over thirty years. The trucks do not use a Cummins (though the Freightliner I drive now does), they use Toyota diesels! (The one I drove was a 7.8 litre six with 270HP.)

No...I loaded 16,000lbs into it regularly. Rated for 33,000lbs, I pushed that a few times. We're talking TRUCKS here, dude, not pickups!
You're talking TRUCKS. I'm talking work trucks. Your commercial experience is irrelevant to this discussion. And honestly so is my "truck" talk.
This thread is about the anti American bullshit Ford is preparing to perpetrate on the American worker.

Trump will make Ford pay tariffs to sell their products. Ford will build that wall.

Found
On the
Road
Dead

Toyota lacks in payload and hauling unless you advance to Hino.

This?

Okay- lets go with that idea.

Ford USA stops producing the Ford Fiesta in the United States. Then Ford starts a new company in Mexico called Fexico- and starts manufacturing the new Fexico Miesta in Mexico.

How do you enforce this law?

I am all for looking at ways to keep jobs in the United States- but I don't see how this could be enforceable.
Ford makes more than one car. Shocking news I'm sure. If Ford wants to belly up in the US and move out entirely fuckem. The loss in sales would far outweigh any profit gained by moving entirely and pissing off at least half if not more of the American consumer.

Ford wants to build their loss-lead cars in Mexico. Ford makes little or no profit and the dealers make little, but can pack financing and dealer added crap to the price.

The real profit makers are the big SUV's and trucks which are all made in the US. For instance the profit pack on a 2017 F-450 Premium is $30K. Now when you buy one you know where to start the negotiation.

Realistically, longevity and commercial use, Ford (minus blue-tech) is your only choice for American built. GM is crap, and Dodge, Chrysler, RAM are what crap aspires to be. Light truck, Ford hands down.
I've had the best luck with Ford trucks. And Dodge work trucks are a close second. One of my current dodges has over a quarter million miles on it. Hauling & pulling heavy loads. Only minor maintenance so far.
Chevy can't even come close to the reliability of Ford & Dodge trucks

Older Dodges? Sure. Not the new FIAT Dodges. Crap! I forgot Jeep, such a shame.
My experience Trump's your nationalistic viewpoint. Not ment as an insult just fact

One of the companies I own is a leasing company who currently leases over 3000 light and medium duty trucks as well as equipment. I ONLY lease Ford for light duty. Nobody comes close.

Forum List

Back