This shit needs to stop NOW. Ford moving ALL small production to Mexico

The truth of the matter is that there is nothing that can be done...we have a free trade agreement between countries so we legally can not initiate a tariff on goods imported from Mexico.

It took George H W Bush 4 full years before he was able to develop NAFTA and have all 3 Presidents of the 3 countries sign the Treaty and then another 6 months before Congress voted and ratified it....

NAFTA, would have to be revised, in order to institute tariffs or completely nullified which ALSO would take an act of Congress....

Maybe the best approach would be another way....??? I don't know what, but maybe if we put a pencil to it or discussed it with various businesses that have put a pencil to it and figure out, if there is anything that is pushing them to leave beyond simply the CHEAP labor? Maybe it is rules and regs or tax policy etc??? And if it is rules and regs etc, then which ones specifically hurts them the most, and which ones make the move to making things overseas easier...then Congress needs to do their jobs and legislate, on behalf of ''we the people''....?

All valid points ... but we know this ... it will never happen.

It will never happen because it would demand the one thing the government avoids at all costs ... a scale back of their control. The government only has one tool in its box --- increased regulation. They can only put another layer on top of what is there. To ask them to support, accept, and even participate in, a refinement and restructure is pure folly.

Congress does not need to wait for Trump or Hillary to put a stop to this bullshit.

We need legislation that says if you are an American founded company and you move your production out of country you will be required to pay a HUGE fee to ship your products back into the states.

Ford shifting all U.S. small-car production to Mexico

This trend MUST BE STOPPED. No more empty promises about creating jobs. It is time to SAVE THE JOBS.

Thank Reagan and Bush I for NAFTA, which is the reason nothing can or will be done about it.

GM is closing their last plant in Oshawa, Ontario, at the end of this year. At one time they employed 20,000 people in Oshawa. It'll be down to 400 office workers by the end of the year.
Clinton signed NAFTA into law! Thank him.

The truth of the matter is that there is nothing that can be done...we have a free trade agreement between countries so we legally can not initiate a tariff on goods imported from Mexico.

It took George H W Bush 4 full years before he was able to develop NAFTA and have all 3 Presidents of the 3 countries sign the Treaty and then another 6 months before Congress voted and ratified it....

NAFTA, would have to be revised, in order to institute tariffs or completely nullified which ALSO would take an act of Congress....

Maybe the best approach would be another way....??? I don't know what, but maybe if we put a pencil to it or discussed it with various businesses that have put a pencil to it and figure out, if there is anything that is pushing them to leave beyond simply the CHEAP labor? Maybe it is rules and regs or tax policy etc??? And if it is rules and regs etc, then which ones specifically hurts them the most, and which ones make the move to making things overseas easier...then Congress needs to do their jobs and legislate, on behalf of ''we the people''....?

It will never happen because it would demand the one thing the government avoids at all costs ... a scale back of their control. The government only has one tool in its box --- increased regulation. They can only put another layer on top of what is there. To ask them to support, accept, and even participate in, a refinement and restructure is pure folly.
I think it could be different this time, both sides of the aisle had a "tired of being dicked by businesses leaving" following...of course, neither see eye to eye on what is causing the problems, but at least they both agree, there is a problem...

Ford moving ALL small production to Mexico
Welcome to Capitalism 2016. What do you think Capitalism is?
My position is CLEAR, your diversion is pointless. Congress can pass laws to protect American workers from foreign competition and it will have little impact on capitalism, if any with the exception of companies that want to fuck over American workers.

I am curious what laws you suggest.

Sincerely.

I think it is much easier to be outraged than to find a real solution.

I think it could be different this time, both sides of the aisle had a "tired of being dicked by businesses leaving" following...of course, neither see eye to eye on what is causing the problems, but at least they both agree, there is a problem...

If you don't agree on the problem, you can't agree on the solution. SEE: gun control

I see a national Boycott in ford's future. This is one Boycott I would join. Ford had the good will when they turned down the bailouts. Now they're preparing to piss it all away.
Still not awake yet? Where was your boycott when Ford was supporting and funding the Nazis during WW II?
laugh.gif
My boycott was in my dad's nutsack I suppose.

It ain't up to congress or the freaking federal government to create more laws on top of freaking laws on top of freaking trade laws that end up costing the consumer more money. It's up to the people to judge whether they want to buy a product made (hecho) in Mexico. Maybe one little piece of legislature forcing ad agencies to specify where all the products are made is a good idea.

Get used to it. If Hillary is elected, she has promised to raise the taxes on corporations and increase federal regulations on their operations. Many more corporations will be fleeing the country. Trump is the candidate who is addressing this issue.

Corporations are going to flee where? The US isn't the only country clamping down on corporations.

My position is CLEAR, your diversion is pointless. Congress can pass laws to protect American workers from foreign competition and it will have little impact on capitalism, if any with the exception of companies that want to fuck over American workers.

Sincerely.

Read the op before asking pointless questions.

Thanks

Get used to it. If Hillary is elected, she has promised to raise the taxes on corporations and increase federal regulations on their operations. Many more corporations will be fleeing the country. Trump is the candidate who is addressing this issue.

Corporations are going to flee where? The US isn't the only country clamping down on corporations.

Well, to Mexico for one place. Seems like I remember Carrier just recently moved there. Now Ford. Other companies have moved elsewhere as well.

It ain't up to congress or the freaking federal government to create more laws on top of freaking laws on top of freaking trade laws that end up costing the consumer more money. It's up to the people to judge whether they want to buy a product made (hecho) in Mexico. Maybe one little piece of legislature forcing ad agencies to specify where all the products are made is a good idea.
Your law good my law bad.

Could you be any shallower?

Sincerely.

Read the op before asking pointless questions.

Thanks

This?

We need legislation that says if you are an American founded company and you move your production out of country you will be required to pay a HUGE fee to ship your products back into the states.

This trend MUST BE STOPPED. No more empty promises about creating jobs. It is time to SAVE THE JOBS.

Okay- lets go with that idea.

Ford USA stops producing the Ford Fiesta in the United States. Then Ford starts a new company in Mexico called Fexico- and starts manufacturing the new Fexico Miesta in Mexico.

How do you enforce this law?

I am all for looking at ways to keep jobs in the United States- but I don't see how this could be enforceable.

Forum List

Back