This sure wont help OBAMA. Gas prices will be over 4.00 by spring

and oil prices are rising because of Iran fucking around and Saudi Arabia trying to protect their spending spree, so that counteracts it. The cost to produce is up.

Let's not ignore crucial factors, shall we?

I hear we are exporting more gasoline than ever before from our refineries too.

So what is the "solution"?

Did you know that is it perfectly within our capabilities to produce automobiles that get greater than 50 MPG?
My solution?

Simple, build more refineries, increase supply, stimulate the economy and bring revenue from outside the US here thereby kickstarting the US's growth again.

If there is that much excess demand (which I'm dubious of we're exporting THAT much gas) then there is a market to sell it and make money domestically. So saturate the global demand on the market for gas and drop the overall prices. Also, cut gas taxes, and you will drop the price between 20-50 cents a gallon depending on the state.

Are those super efficent automobiles able to do what a standard Chevy Suburban can do, and not be an overeducated golf cart? prove that shit first, cause I don't buy it.

If you build a better product, people will buy it without need for government intervention. This is the nature of the universe.

Um...but we are already exporting more gasoline than we can use. How does more refineries help? Companies are looking to close down refineries. Not making sense....

Oh and...

2012 Trucks That Get Over 50 MPG

He will shortly release another 30 million gallon from the strategic oil reserves in a few months to make it look like hes doing something big. And people will be amazed at how he cares.

$4/gallon is nothing.....just imagine the price if Iran gets nukes and can blackmail the GCC into selling the USA and other "evil" westerners oil at ludicrous rates.

Rising gas prices is all part of his plan to make you ride public transportation or ride a bike. Those electric cars will only be affordable to them and only a certain amount will be allowed since the power surge on the electrical grid will be too much.:eusa_whistle:

I hear we are exporting more gasoline than ever before from our refineries too.

So what is the "solution"?

Did you know that is it perfectly within our capabilities to produce automobiles that get greater than 50 MPG?
My solution?

Simple, build more refineries, increase supply, stimulate the economy and bring revenue from outside the US here thereby kickstarting the US's growth again.

If there is that much excess demand (which I'm dubious of we're exporting THAT much gas) then there is a market to sell it and make money domestically. So saturate the global demand on the market for gas and drop the overall prices. Also, cut gas taxes, and you will drop the price between 20-50 cents a gallon depending on the state.

Are those super efficent automobiles able to do what a standard Chevy Suburban can do, and not be an overeducated golf cart? prove that shit first, cause I don't buy it.

If you build a better product, people will buy it without need for government intervention. This is the nature of the universe.

Um...but we are already exporting more gasoline than we can use. How does more refineries help? Companies are looking to close down refineries. Not making sense....

Oh and...

Pfft. Sales pitch bullshit. Downhill with a tail wind maybe.

Here's your PROVEN 50mpg cars.

50-greater MPG New Cars | 2013 2012 over 50 MPG Car Models | Research New 50-greater Miles Per Gallon Cars at Automobile Magazine

and more fun.

Forget Electric Vehicles: Here Come The 50-mpg Gas And Diesel Cars - Forbes

Nice try at the snow job but I don't see any Chevy Suburban, Dodge Ram or C-20 vans there. Just little putputs. Now if we were able to get european ultra clean diesels in here, then we'd have diesel cars getting 40-60mpg in audis, VWs, BMWs and the like. But thanks to our laws, we can't have them.

More refineries increases supply which reduces prices which benefits the consumers and makes money by volume. This floods the global market, puts money in AMERICAN pockets and then enriches this nation while the global price drops. Get rid of boutique formulas and you increase supply further making the price cheaper.

Why do refiners want to close down more refineries (in a 2 year old article) because they aren't allowed to build new/more efficient ones thanks to ecofascists making it too damn expensive to upgrade their equipment better.

ROFLMAO. You have such a short term narrow view of history. Here's gas prices over the last six years. Using the dynamic chart at gasbuddy.com you can do most cities and metropolitan areas.

ch.gaschart

Notice that huge drop starting July 08? That's when W said we were going to start drilling in the US.

You just are a total innocent, if I'm being charitable, or a total clueless shill, which seems more likely.
You mindless DittoTards only know CON$ervative revisionist history. That spike in June/July 08 was from the tension between Iran and Israel over missile tests which was eased BEFORE the lying Bushwhacker said anything.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran missile test 'provocative'
The US and Israel have condemned Iran after it test-fired a long range missile capable of reaching Tel Aviv.
Iran state media said nine missiles had been fired in total, including a new Shahab-3, with a range of 2,000km (1,240 miles).
Tehran has tested the missile before, but the latest launch comes amid rising tensions with the US and Israel over the country's nuclear programme.
A senior US state department official said the launch was "provocative".
Wednesday's early morning test at a remote desert site sent oil prices climbing.
Dumbass, look at the chart again. That spike began that February. It ENDED in July that year the day after W removed the drilling moratorium. I remember that one clearly because I wondered if it WOULD do anything, and it did.

The launches didn't happen till July. Now you're trying to claim the launches caused the price drop? Notice the dateline.

Page last updated at 17:39 GMT, Wednesday, 9 July 2008 18:39 UK
Or is this revisionist too, to make you look bad?
The lying Bushwhacker didn't squeak until the next week after the launches and AFTER prices started to head down again when the tension of an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear reactor was eased after all the posturing was over. Furthermore, Bush's pronouncement was meaningless because local drilling bans were still in effect.

The gas prices spiked because of Mideast tensions and came down when those tensions eased. Bush was nothing more than a bystander.

You mindless DittoTards only know CON$ervative revisionist history. That spike in June/July 08 was from the tension between Iran and Israel over missile tests which was eased BEFORE the lying Bushwhacker said anything.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran missile test 'provocative'
The US and Israel have condemned Iran after it test-fired a long range missile capable of reaching Tel Aviv.
Iran state media said nine missiles had been fired in total, including a new Shahab-3, with a range of 2,000km (1,240 miles).
Tehran has tested the missile before, but the latest launch comes amid rising tensions with the US and Israel over the country's nuclear programme.
A senior US state department official said the launch was "provocative".
Wednesday's early morning test at a remote desert site sent oil prices climbing.
Dumbass, look at the chart again. That spike began that February. It ENDED in July that year the day after W removed the drilling moratorium. I remember that one clearly because I wondered if it WOULD do anything, and it did.

The launches didn't happen till July. Now you're trying to claim the launches caused the price drop? Notice the dateline.

Page last updated at 17:39 GMT, Wednesday, 9 July 2008 18:39 UK
Or is this revisionist too, to make you look bad?
The lying Bushwhacker didn't squeak until the next week after the launches and AFTER prices started to head down again when the tension of an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear reactor was eased after all the posturing was over. Furthermore, Bush's pronouncement was meaningless because local drilling bans were still in effect.

The gas prices spiked because of Mideast tensions and came down when those tensions eased. Bush was nothing more than a bystander.
funny-pictures-basic-math-101.jpg

rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

My solution?

Oh and...

50-greater MPG New Cars | 2013 2012 over 50 MPG Car Models | Research New 50-greater Miles Per Gallon Cars at Automobile Magazine

and more fun.

Nice try at the snow job but I don't see any Chevy Suburban, Dodge Ram or C-20 vans there. Just little putputs. Now if we were able to get european ultra clean diesels in here, then we'd have diesel cars getting 40-60mpg in audis, VWs, BMWs and the like. But thanks to our laws, we can't have them.

More refineries increases supply which reduces prices which benefits the consumers and makes money by volume. This floods the global market, puts money in AMERICAN pockets and then enriches this nation while the global price drops. Get rid of boutique formulas and you increase supply further making the price cheaper.

Why do refiners want to close down more refineries (in a 2 year old article) because they aren't allowed to build new/more efficient ones thanks to ecofascists making it too damn expensive to upgrade their equipment better.

You can dismiss the MPG, but can't actually debunk it. The technology is there for trucks and minivans to get MUCH better gas mileage.

Here is a VERY recent article on our gasoline exporting:

Gas Pains? U.S. Diesel, Gas Exports Surpass Imports

So it appears that what you perceive as the problem, isn't.

$4/gallon is nothing.....just imagine the price if Iran gets nukes and can blackmail the GCC into selling the USA and other "evil" westerners oil at ludicrous rates.

Rising gas prices is all part of his plan to make you ride public transportation or ride a bike. Those electric cars will only be affordable to them and only a certain amount will be allowed since the power surge on the electrical grid will be too much.:eusa_whistle:

If Iran gets nukes oil prices will be irrelevant at that time. It will be the least of our concerns.

Oh and...

and more fun.

You can dismiss the MPG, but can't actually debunk it. The technology is there for trucks and minivans to get MUCH better gas mileage.

Here is a VERY recent article on our gasoline exporting:

Gas Pains? U.S. Diesel, Gas Exports Surpass Imports

So it appears that what you perceive as the problem, isn't.
Some pull quotes.

People like Rachel Ezekiel-Fishbein of Elkins Park, Pa., are choosing to drive more efficient cars and consuming less gas. She stopped driving a Honda Odyssey minivan that gets about 14 miles per gallon in the city. Now, she drives a red Prius hybrid that's getting about 40 mpg.
In the process, Ezekiel-Fishbein is saving more than $2,000 a year and buying 700 fewer gallons of gasoline. And she's not alone. Department of Energy statistics show Americans are using less gasoline these days. Consumption peaked in 2007 and has been declining since.

2 points.

A Prius can haul only a third of the cargo AND PEOPLE of a Honda Odyssey. So how has her life been declining elsewhere that she could/should have such a car? Grown kids? Divorce? What? Why did she need such a reduced capacity car now, rather than before.

It's no surprise that gas consumption has been dropping. Fewer jobs to go to, higher prices at the pump limit frivolous trips. NPR gets the 'captain obvious' award.

Now the country stands to lose some refineries. Sunoco and ConocoPhillips have announced that three refineries on the outskirts of Philadelphia will shut down if the companies can't find buyers. That could put an estimated 2,600 people out of work.

Why are they being shut down? What has government been doing to make this necessary? Are they old and obsolete? They're obviously unprofitable for reasons the article ignores. The local politicians want to keep them going, but if they are unprofitable for whatever reason, it's a mistake.

"Maybe we are dealing with an awful lot of people who are underemployed or don't show up in the unemployment ranks, who simply can't drive because they have no place to go and no place to work," says Kloza.

Mighty salient points.

Philadelphia-based Sunoco isn't just selling off two refineries. In September, the company announced it would get out of the refining business altogether.

How is it that the business became unprofitable? Reduced consumption will have some impact on the old, less profitable refineries, that's a fact. What else has changed? Never forget that the profit margin for oil companies is UNDER 10% while a hedge fund is 80% and a software manufacturer is around 30%.

Fluctuations hurt, so let them export and make a profit... except it's a global market and global demand is supposedly down thanks to a decline in global economy.

Don't think it's world wide, check this shit out:

Revealed: The ghost fleet of the recession anchored just east of Singapore | Mail Online

I wonder if that's changed much in 3 years.

Horse shit..That story is a bunch of hooey.
Ethanol(E-85) was never an alternative choice to gasoline. In this market( two million people in the MSA) there was a grand total of TWO stations that sold E-85. Essentially the subsidy was a tax on everyone who did not use E-85. Which meant 99.9% of us.
Ethanol as a fuel for internal combustion engine is garbage.
Ethanol eats away at the internal engine parts causing excessive wear. Ethanol produces a 10 to 20% loss in engine power. Ethanol burns less efficiently causing a loss in fuel economy.
up here, E85 costs 3.09. Regular unleaded costs 3.29. You get maybe 55-60% of the range of regular unleaded on the alternative, creating an EFFECTIVE costs of around 5 bucks a gallon to get the same amount of work done.

Yeah, good deal.

Just think how shitty things will get when they pull the subsidies out and force you to pay the real full price.

Ethanol subsidies already ended. I would like to see the $2 a gallon oil & gasoline subsidies gone so ethanol can compete on a level playing field. Oil companies are terrified of the free market. That is why our military forces countries to sell their oil & only in US Dollars. Maybe you should also consider how much you are paying for that.

Farm Press: Ethanol vote ‘severely disappoints’ corn growers
Schott pointed out that one comprehensive report found that subsidies for the oil industry total up to $280 billion annually, representing up to $2 per gallon of gasoline.

:lol: How are you enjoying the continual gas price rise at the pump since the ethanol tax break was repealed all the while oil price is falling???????? :lol:

ch.gaschart

Last edited:
I've been paying over $5 for eight years. Well. I make bio-diesel for my main ride but it won't work in the farm equipment. Anyone know where to buy a diesel weed whacker or chainsaw ?

Horse shit..That story is a bunch of hooey.
Ethanol(E-85) was never an alternative choice to gasoline. In this market( two million people in the MSA) there was a grand total of TWO stations that sold E-85. Essentially the subsidy was a tax on everyone who did not use E-85. Which meant 99.9% of us.
Ethanol as a fuel for internal combustion engine is garbage.
Ethanol eats away at the internal engine parts causing excessive wear. Ethanol produces a 10 to 20% loss in engine power. Ethanol burns less efficiently causing a loss in fuel economy.
up here, E85 costs 3.09. Regular unleaded costs 3.29. You get maybe 55-60% of the range of regular unleaded on the alternative, creating an EFFECTIVE costs of around 5 bucks a gallon to get the same amount of work done.

Yeah, good deal.

Just think how shitty things will get when they pull the subsidies out and force you to pay the real full price.

Ethanol subsidies already ended. I would like to see the $2 a gallon oil & gasoline subsidies gone so ethanol can compete on a level playing field. Oil companies are terrified of the free market. That is why our military forces countries to sell their oil & only in US Dollars. Maybe you should also consider how much you are paying for that.

Schott pointed out that one comprehensive report found that subsidies for the oil industry total up to $280 billion annually, representing up to $2 per gallon of gasoline.

:lol: How are you enjoying the continual gas price rise at the pump since the ethanol tax break was repealed all the while oil price is falling???????? :lol:

ch.gaschart

Subsidies for the oil industry? You have any specifics?

Yeah, good deal.

ch.gaschart

Just $20 billion of many.

Obama Calls for an End to US Oil Subsidies

Oil companies are terrified of the free market. That is why they fight for subsidies & have our military force countries to sell their oil & only in US Dollars.

Last edited:

ch.gaschart

Oil companies are terrified of the free market. That is why they fight for subsidies & have our military force countries to sell their oil & only in US Dollars.

On a mostly party-line vote, the Senate on Tuesday defeated a Democratic measure to strip major oil companies of about $20 billion in tax subsidies

What tax subsidies do oil companies get?

On a mostly party-line vote, the Senate on Tuesday defeated a Democratic measure to strip major oil companies of about $20 billion in tax subsidies

His stupid "corn gas" argument just ran out of gas.
End of participation in thread for THIS guy.

His stupid "corn gas" argument just ran out of gas.
End of participation in thread for THIS guy.

Just the first of many for you brainless trolls "H.R. 1689 Big Oil Welfare Repeal Act of 2011’’

Just the second of many for you brainless trolls "S. 258: Close Big Oil Tax Loopholes Act of 2011"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back