Kamala doesn't know history much less how economics works..

Kamala Harris allies say plan to ban ā€˜price gougingā€™ has been misconstrued

Vice President Kamala Harrisā€™s proposal last week to ban price gouging in certain sectors has spurred backlash from some Democratic economists, provoked consternation among business groups and emerged quickly as a focus of Donald Trumpā€™s on the campaign trail.

Harrisā€™s allies, however, are arguing both publicly and privately that her plans have been taken out of context, and that the idea is a targeted expansion of existing state powers rather than new government ā€œprice controlsā€ that would transform the U.S. economy.

In a statement released last week, the Harris campaign called for the ā€œfirst-everā€ ban on price gouging in the grocery and food industries. The campaign provided few details about how such a prohibition would work in practice, but said it would enable the Federal Trade Commission to impose large fines on ā€œexcessiveā€ price hikes.

I wouldn't use the word misconstrued. I'd describe it as purposefully misrepresented.

I wouldn't use the word misconstrued. I'd describe it as purposefully misrepresented.
Fat chance, moron. She said what she said. "ban on price gouging." They also said that Walz is a "retired command SgtMaj." which is also a bald faced lie. They also introduced him last night as a "command SgtMaj" Another lie. Misrepresented? How about "Trump told me to drink bleach." That was blatant misrepresentation by YOU and your lying DNC democrats. OWN IT.

Last edited:

Kamala Harris allies say plan to ban ā€˜price gougingā€™ has been misconstrued

Vice President Kamala Harrisā€™s proposal last week to ban price gouging in certain sectors has spurred backlash from some Democratic economists, provoked consternation among business groups and emerged quickly as a focus of Donald Trumpā€™s on the campaign trail.

Harrisā€™s allies, however, are arguing both publicly and privately that her plans have been taken out of context, and that the idea is a targeted expansion of existing state powers rather than new government ā€œprice controlsā€ that would transform the U.S. economy.

In a statement released last week, the Harris campaign called for the ā€œfirst-everā€ ban on price gouging in the grocery and food industries. The campaign provided few details about how such a prohibition would work in practice, but said it would enable the Federal Trade Commission to impose large fines on ā€œexcessiveā€ price hikes.

Hey stupid, there is only one way for the Govt to "ban price gouging" as they see it. And that is for the Govt to tell businesses what they can charge.

Dumbest idea ever, which is why you like it.

Forum List

Back