Thomas Jefferson on change

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
"I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." - Jefferson to H. Tompkinson (AKA Samuel Kercheval), July 12, 1816

Assuming all change is equal. A man throwing acid into the face of a beautiful woman has changed her too. Take that same woman and brutally gang rape her. She might be psychologically changed with no apparent scars at all. Only to liberals would this be a good change simply because it was change.

• Banned
Assuming all change is equal. A man throwing acid into the face of a beautiful woman has changed her too. Take that same woman and brutally gang rape her. She might be psychologically changed with no apparent scars at all. Only to liberals would this be a good change simply because it was change.
You are drunk again. No one has said change for change sake is good.

OMG! Not another Duggar thread!

How do you take that quote and come up with this? You have a dark and twisted mind indeed.

Forum List

Back