Thomas Sowell remembers when whites were racist

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This man lived through the things that most of us only read about. He even grew up before affirmative action, so all the fakers can't argue that he is a hypocrite. Not that that will stop the usual suspects from calling him an Uncle Tom for saying this.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.
Apparently other Americans also recognize that the sources of racism are different today from what they were in the past. According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 31% of blacks think that most blacks are racists, while 24% of blacks think that most whites are racist.
The difference between these percentages is not great, but it is remarkable nevertheless. After all, generations of blacks fought the white racism from which they suffered for so long. If many blacks themselves now think that most other blacks are racist, that is startling.
The moral claims advanced by generations of black leaders — claims that eventually touched the conscience of the nation and turned the tide toward civil rights for all — have now been cheapened by today's generation of black "leaders," who act as if it is all just a matter of whose ox is gored.

Polling Shows That Sources Of Racism Have Reversed Themselves - Investors.com

The sad part is that I remember when people cared a lot less about race than they do know. Maybe that is because I wasn't paying attention, but I doubt it.

If--Rudyard Kipling

If? by Rudyard Kipling : The Poetry Foundation

I must be about 'that age'. I tried, failed, tried again and wish I could have done more.

Frankly, I don't have much patience for reliving the past and doing what didn't work before.

Eagles--Peaceful, Easy Feeling. Somewhere in the 70's --I really enjoyed that period.

This man lived through the things that most of us only read about. He even grew up before affirmative action, so all the fakers can't argue that he is a hypocrite. Not that that will stop the usual suspects from calling him an Uncle Tom for saying this.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.
Apparently other Americans also recognize that the sources of racism are different today from what they were in the past. According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 31% of blacks think that most blacks are racists, while 24% of blacks think that most whites are racist.
The difference between these percentages is not great, but it is remarkable nevertheless. After all, generations of blacks fought the white racism from which they suffered for so long. If many blacks themselves now think that most other blacks are racist, that is startling.
The moral claims advanced by generations of black leaders — claims that eventually touched the conscience of the nation and turned the tide toward civil rights for all — have now been cheapened by today's generation of black "leaders," who act as if it is all just a matter of whose ox is gored.

The sad part is that I remember when people cared a lot less about race than they do know. Maybe that is because I wasn't paying attention, but I doubt it.

Two generations after racial discrimination was outlawed it is becoming increasingly obvious that the Negro race really is inferior. Blacks would rather blame whites for their problems than acknowledge that they just aren't good enough.

Thomas Sowell is not only one of the finest columnists in the business, he's a prolific author, a brilliant economist, and he has an incomparable knack for simplifying complex concepts that few other human beings can match.

Two generations after racial discrimination was outlawed it is becoming increasingly obvious that the Negro race really is inferior. Blacks would rather blame whites for their problems than acknowledge that they just aren't good enough.

Fuck off.

Forum List

Back