Those BIG electrics vanishing?

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Wow!

The limousine liberals keep pushing you to get out of your car and into a hybrid or, for the truly dedicated, an all-electric vehicle (fueled by coal-fired power plants in most places).

But it seems they don't like the version of those things that were designed to meet their needs for conspicuous display of wealth coupled with green sensitivity to the environment.

Y'see, they weren't buying and so the market place has taken notice:

Big hybrid models dropped due to low demand

" It is reported that General Motors is among those which has decided to drop hybrid models due to low demand. Hybrid versions have been dropped from new generation versions of its Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon SUV models. Mercedes-Benz too has withdraw the hybrid version of its S-Class because of low demand....."

All this concern about the energy YOUR car wastes but none about their uber-cars?

Hey, why is our Environmentally Sensitive President not using a golf cart with solar panels on the roof to avoid walking the course? Why is He jetting about, spewing pollution, when he should be commuting to Hawaii by environmentally sound hang-glider?

Sooooo sensitive........

Yeah.

Right.

People who buy those particular vehicles couldn't care less about fuel economy. The people who made the decision to produce them ought to be taken out and shot.

People who buy those particular vehicles couldn't care less about fuel economy. The people who made the decision to produce them ought to be taken out and shot.

We're not far apart on this.....

The people who made them did so because liberals were telling them they hated their conventional cars because they weren't "green". So they pandered and, as always with pandering, look how that turned out!

Wow!

The limousine liberals keep pushing you to get out of your car and into a hybrid or, for the truly dedicated, an all-electric vehicle (fueled by coal-fired power plants in most places).

13.8% wind last year, maybe 20% PV, the rest a BUNCH of natural gas. Some coal in here somewhere certainly, but my 1/3 use of renewables isn't all bad. How is yours?

HenryBHough said:
Y'see, they weren't buying and so the market place has taken notice:

Big hybrid models dropped due to low demand

Cool. Maybe they will discount them to clear out the lots and I can trade up to something bigger?

Cruise in style AND save the world….!!!

Try it. Here in Colorado we are still allowed to defend ourselves. :lol:

In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."

The Gospel According To John

Forum List

Back