Zone1 Those who are left behind.

The greatest evil I’ve ever found is the Christian Church (Catholic & Protestant) and the deity they pray to.
greetings
yes, I agree, but?

For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
1 Cor 11:18-19 (NKJV)

I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?
1 Cor 6:5 (NKJV)

Moreover, it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
But with me, it is a very small thing, that I should be judged by you or by a human court.
In fact, I do not even judge myself.
For I know nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this, but He who judges me is the Lord.
1 Cor 4:2-4 (NKJV)

These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
1 John 2:26-27 (NKJV)

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"
So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:16-17 (NKJV)

Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you.
But I will come to you shortly if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.
For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?
1 Cor 4:18-21 (NKJV)

greetings
I am not a Catholic
Catholics are under the Law, this is the Law of Moses Romans 7: this is the Law of Sin
Matthew 5: 17; Romans 7:7
View attachment 922624
Catholicism screwed it all up. Made up truths at the councils they held and altered translation to fit those false council teachings. Its recorded history fact-No trinity was ever served by a true follower from Moses on up, not served until the council of Constantinople when they added the holy spirit as a part of a godhead-381ce. No true follower EVER served a trinity while serving the Abrahamic God. To this day. The protestants fixed little-they are in the same boat with Catholicism= up the creek without a paddle.

Catholicism screwed it all up. Made up truths at the councils they held and altered translation to fit those false council teachings. Its recorded history fact-No trinity was ever served by a true follower from Moses on up, not served until the council of Constantinople when they added the holy spirit as a part of a godhead-381ce. No true follower EVER served a trinity while serving the Abrahamic God. To this day. The protestants fixed little-they are in the same boat with Catholicism= up the creek without a paddle.
a hireling
cup5.jpg
Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and His disciples, saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.
For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; they even, themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Matt 23:1-4 (NKJV)

Neh. 9:29 And testified against them, that thou mightiest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man does, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and
would not hear.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' "
Rev 3:22 (NKJV)

1 John 2:16-17 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

John 10: 11 - 16 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
As the Father knoweth me, even so, know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; there shall be one fold and one shepherd.

A Hireling’ is a Person or Pastor, a priest, a hired shepherd, or a mercenary, who tends the flock, the children of God for his own interest. When a hired shepherd sees the wolf coming he flees, not caring about the sheep.

I am very well aware of the Christian God. He and I just don’t see eye to eye on very much.,
That is sad, you probably do not know him, He is very loving. merciful. He is the only one handing out life everlasting, never sick, not aging like now, etc.

Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and His disciples, saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.
For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; they even, themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Matt 23:1-4 (NKJV)

Neh. 9:29 And testified against them, that thou mightiest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man does, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and
would not hear.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' "
Rev 3:22 (NKJV)

1 John 2:16-17 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

John 10: 11 - 16 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
As the Father knoweth me, even so, know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; there shall be one fold and one shepherd.

A Hireling’ is a Person or Pastor, a priest, a hired shepherd, or a mercenary, who tends the flock, the children of God for his own interest. When a hired shepherd sees the wolf coming he flees, not caring about the sheep.
The other sheep= the great crowd(Rev 7:9)-- Promised to live forever on the earth.
The other fold= the little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed bride of Christ who will sit on thrones by Jesus( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)= 144,000 bought from the earth( Rev 14:3)

The other sheep= the great crowd(Rev 7:9)-- Promised to live forever on the earth.
The other fold= the little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed bride of Christ who will sit on thrones by Jesus( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)= 144,000 bought from the earth( Rev 14:3)
yes, but what would you sacrifice to give at His alaer enter the Kingdom of God
what you give at the alar

So Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Matt 19:28-30 (NKJV)

So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life.
But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Mark 10:29-31 (NKJV)

my feeling is that you guys are just speed reading, as one the not see the sign
bigstock-radar-gun-22175015-2905387041.jpg

That is sad, you probably do not know him, He is very loving. merciful. He is the only one handing out life everlasting, never sick, not aging like now, etc
From my personal life, experiences may vary in that regard. I know mine definitely has.

As for knowing God… you can’t swing an arm in my family without hitting a pastor, elder, parochial teacher, or other church worker. I was an officer of a Lutheran Church myself twenty/five years ago. I know God far better than I want to.

yes, but what would you sacrifice to give at His alaer enter the Kingdom of God
what you give at the alar

So Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Matt 19:28-30 (NKJV)

So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life.
But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Mark 10:29-31 (NKJV)

my feeling is that you guys are just speed reading, as one the not see the sign
View attachment 923240
Jesus received his crown at Rev 6:2= 1914 according to the Daniel 4 prophecy. But you don't know that. So did you speed read? Your verses speak about the real Jesus--The real Jesus who has a God just like us( John 20:17)--Few on earth actually know what Jesus taught, its sad. And Few will find the road that leads off into life. Do you listen to Jesus? Does your religion listen to Jesus?

From my personal life, experiences may vary in that regard. I know mine definitely has.

As for knowing God… you can’t swing an arm in my family without hitting a pastor, elder, parochial teacher, or other church worker. I was an officer of a Lutheran Church myself twenty/five years ago. I know God far better than I want to.
Every trinity religion on earth is false religion--thus you don't know God. They do not listen to Jesus, they teach little of what Jesus actually taught. They do not listen to facts of reality or the facts of recorded history either. They are a product of these-2Thess 2:3=Catholicism.
I can teach you about the true God, he is very loving, so loving he sent his son to die a horrendous death for you. He had to watch that and do nothing about it.

I can teach you about the true God, he is very loving, so loving he sent his son to die a horrendous death for you. He had to watch that and do nothing about it.
Thanks but not interested. I did some serious soul searching after my fathers death and found a spiritual path that work for me and makes sense to my life experiences and what I see around me. If I’m wrong, so be it.

Thanks but not interested. I did some serious soul searching after my fathers death and found a spiritual path that work for me and makes sense to my life experiences and what I see around me. If I’m wrong, so be it.
Gods way is the only way.

26 I will give you a new hearth and put a new spirit inside you.i I will remove the heart of stonej from your body and give you a heart of flesh.*27 I will put my spirit inside you, and I will cause you to walk in my regulations,k and you will observe and carry out my judicial decisions.

By: Andrew Foland, M.A.A.; ©June 2008
Is the Watchtower Society really the mouthpiece of God it claims to be? Are there theological inconsistencies between the New World Translation and Watchtower theology?”

That knock on my door had become a familiar sound. We had met together several times and I had been looking particularly forward to today’s meeting. I felt the time was right, so I went for it. As I handed her a tract which outlines flaws in Watchtower theology, her words betrayed her expression. “Oh, thank you” she politely said. But she couldn’t hide the look – a look that said, “Oh, Satanic propaganda . . . I’ll file this under ‘T’ for trash.”

I did not know then what I understand now; namely, that Jehovah’s Witnesses are strictly forbidden to read any materials that challenge the Watchtower.[1] In fact, the Watchtower seems to have an almost Orwellian Big Brother persona over its members in that everything is to be seen through the organization’s perspective. Therefore, in order to get a Jehovah’s Witness (JW) to see a viewpoint different from his/her own, one needs to shake his/her faith in the Watchtower. One way this can be done is through the use of their translation of the Bible: The New World Translation.[2] Witnesses may be closed to anti-Watchtower materials but they are certainly open to their own bibles. They would be surprised to learn, however, that there are theological inconsistencies between the NWT and Watchtower theology.[3] The hope is that by demonstrating such inconsistencies, a JW may begin to question whether the Watchtower Society is really the mouthpiece of God that it claims to be.

While there are numerous places in the NWT which indicate inconsistencies, we will try to simplify matters by working from our home base: Isaiah 40-48. By simply reading these eight chapters, or at least select passages from within them, and comparing them to other biblical teachings, major cracks in the foundation of the Watchtower’s primary biblical translation emerge.

The context of Isaiah 40-48 is extremely significant to our overall argument. In the eight chapters, God is trying to restore a bruised relationship with Israel. The Hebrews have repeatedly gone after false gods. In order to gain a healed relationship, the nation of Israel needs to have a proper understanding of who God is; consequently, Jehovah describes His identity, often in contrast to ideas of false gods. By doing this, Israel would once again be able to know God, respect His attributes and actions that distinguish Him, and would worship Him alone. By setting Himself apart from ideas of false gods, we can assume that the descriptions God gives of Himself are descriptions that should only rightly be attributed to Him. After all, He uses these portrayals as a way to recognize who He is. But Watchtower theology struggles with this since, even in their translation of the Bible, the descriptions of Jehovah are attributed to Jesus. This must mean that Jesus is Almighty God, something the Watchtower vehemently rejects.[4] With this context in mind, let us begin in Isaiah 40.

A Special Announcement

As we begin in Chapter 40 we soon note an announcement proclaimed:

Isa. 40:3 NWT “Listen! Someone is calling out in the wilderness: ‘Clear up the way of Jehovah, YOU people! MAKE the highway for our God through the desert plain straight.'”[5]
What is noteworthy for our purposes is that this is a proclamation in which someone announces the coming of Jehovah. As verse 9 says, “Do not be afraid. Say to the cities of Judah: ‘Here is YOUR God.'”

It is fascinating that all four Gospel writers apply the Isaiah passage in such a way as to claim that John the Baptist is the announcer and that he is announcing the coming of Jesus.[6]

Matt. 3:3 NWT “Listen! Someone is crying out in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of Jehovah, YOU people! Make his roads straight.’”
Of course the Watchtower recognizes that Matthew is quoting from Isaiah. Certainly the passage is calling for Israel to repent. But why repent? The answer is because someone is coming. The question is, Who is John the Baptist announcing? The NWT clearly says “Jehovah.” But does the context not imply Jesus? Consider the rest of the Baptist narrative. For example, we read, “‘I, for my part, baptize YOU with water because of YOUR repentance; but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire. His winnowing shovel is in his hand, and he will completely clean up his threshing floor, and will gather his wheat into the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with fire that cannot be put out.’ Then Jesus came from Gal´i·lee to the Jordan to John, in order to be baptized by him.”[7]

Isn’t it curious, we can ask our JW friend, that all four New Testament writers used a passage that announces the coming of Jehovah and applied it to Jesus?

The Shepherd

Is the prior example merely a coincidental isolated incident? As will be shown, the type of textual treatment which compares Jesus to Jehovah is not an isolated incident, but rather a calculated occurrence. Just a few verses farther in Isaiah we find another description of Jehovah:

Isa. 40:11 NWT “Like a shepherd he will shepherd his own drove. With his arm he will collect together the lambs; and in his bosom he will carry [them]. Those giving suck he will conduct [with care].”[8]
The Old Testament concept of God as a shepherd is not isolated to Isaiah.[9] Yet in the New Testament, Jesus takes this job description for Himself:

John 10:14 NWT “I am the fine shepherd, and I know my sheep and my sheep know me . . . .”
In this passage, Jesus is trying to teach us about his ministerial role and identity. Why would Jesus take a job title for God and apply it to Himself?

The First and the Last

Remember that in these Isaiah passages, Jehovah is distinguishing Himself as unique.[10] One of the ways He does this is by claiming certain titles which describe His eternality. For example, Jehovah claims to be “the first” and “the last.”

Isa. 44:6 NWT “This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, ‘I am the first and I am the last . . . .'”Isa. 48:12a NWT “Listen to me, O Jacob, and you Israel my called one. I am the same One. I am the first. Moreover, I am the last.”
Two major points need emphasis. The obvious first is that Jehovah clearly claims to be the first and last. The second point is also obvious; there can only be one “first.” These evident points are significant because in the book of Revelation Jesus repeatedly assumes this title for Himself:

Rev. 1:17-18 NWT “And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: ‘Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Ha´des.'”Rev. 22:12-13 NWT “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
In Rev. 1:17-18, Jesus is clearly speaking because he “became dead” and is now “living forever.” The same one who “became dead” is “the First and the Last.” For Jesus to use for himself a title reserved for Almighty God would be blasphemy unless Jesus was Almighty God.

Some JW’s may argue that Rev. 22:13 is not Jesus, but rather Jehovah, who is speaking. But note that this does not relieve them from the Rev. 1:17 dilemma. Additionally, consider the context of Rev. 22:13. It is clear that Jesus is speaking for at least two reasons. First, verse 16 indicates that Jesus is speaking, “I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness . . . .” Second, the one who is speaking in verses 12-13 is the same one who is “coming quickly.” As verse 20 of the NWT makes clear, Jesus is the one coming quickly:

“He that bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes; I am coming quickly.’ Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”
Let us conclude this logically: Jesus is the one who is “coming quickly” (Rev. 22:20). The one who is “coming quickly” is “the first and the last” (Rev. 22:12-13). “The first and the last” is Jehovah (Isa. 48:12). Therefore, Jesus is Jehovah.

Also worth pointing out, our conclusion is in harmony with the rest of Rev. 22:12-13 which indicates that the one who is “the first and the last” is also “the Alpha and the Omega.” This is particularly sticky for the JW because in Rev. 1:8 NWT the title of Alpha and Omega is identified with Jehovah: “‘I am the Al´pha and the O·me´ga,’ says Jehovah God, ‘the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.'”

26 I will give you a new hearth and put a new spirit inside you.i I will remove the heart of stonej from your body and give you a heart of flesh.*27 I will put my spirit inside you, and I will cause you to walk in my regulations,k and you will observe and carry out my judicial decisions.
What does that have to do with my post?

Forum List

Back