Thousands of people outside in sub freezing temperatures without shelter

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
In any other country it would be called torture and the U.N. would be calling for sanctions but it's only Times Square on New Years eve. By 12 noon they are starting to fill up the block. Apparently with tight security it will be difficult to leave and even go to the bathroom for the next 12 hours. The year 1917 was the coldest with 1 degree and this one might be close. I don't get it.

I heard 1 million? They must have enter points? A funnel? Where do they park? Why does dumb ISIS not hit them lined up to get in? Or a loaded subway coming in? Big heavy NY Costanzsa coats hide bombs or guns. No one needs to get inside Time square to inflict damage.

In any other country it would be called torture and the U.N. would be calling for sanctions but it's only Times Square on New Years eve. By 12 noon they are starting to fill up the block. Apparently with tight security it will be difficult to leave and even go to the bathroom for the next 12 hours. The year 1917 was the coldest with 1 degree and this one might be close. I don't get it.

I don't either. The clock moves the same speed today as any other day. What the fuck is the point? To mark an arbitrary number 11 days after the beginning of winter? Makes no sense at all. :dunno:

Better to watch from inside in my view; I am freezing and it hit 45 yesterday, maybe 54 now, and cloudy. Yech.

There are hundreds of thousands more sitting in NFL stadiums.

I heard 1 million? They must have enter points? A funnel? Where do they park? Why does dumb ISIS not hit them lined up to get in? Or a loaded subway coming in? Big heavy NY Costanzsa coats hide bombs or guns. No one needs to get inside Time square to inflict damage.

Just because you live in fear of terrorism does not mean that others have to as well.

I've never seen the appeal in going to Times Square for New Years, but that's probably because I grew up in NY and don't go anywhere near Times Square if I can help it.

When you live in fear, as you clearly do, the terrorists have won.

You have been beaten.

ISIS or ISIL or IsNtReal ?
Simple. The Posse Comitatus Act

I was in Times Square a few New Year's eves. Then it was crowded but people were walking around and everything was open. Now everyone is in a pen, the stores are closed. It does not sound like any kind of fun at all.

Better to watch from inside in my view; I am freezing and it hit 45 yesterday, maybe 54 now, and cloudy. Yech.

I have 13 right now. But it's supposed to cool off tomorrow.

35 here, and the town is quiet, people huddling by the few fireplaces in the area, and many space heaters. My mother was correct,central electric heat does not penetrate.

I would think that if the crowds are heavy, and the bodies are pressed in pretty tightly, that the temp wouldn't be that bad. Just find a gaggle of fine looking women and work your way into the crowd. :eusa_angel:

I have 13 right now. But it's supposed to cool off tomorrow.

35 here, and the town is quiet, people huddling by the few fireplaces in the area, and many space heaters. My mother was correct,central electric heat does not penetrate.

That would be convection. Naah, radiation is the way to go. At this temp you gotta not only heat the air, you gotta heat the house's bones. Gotta go deep.

It was a memorable transition here at midnight --- with frigid temps and a layer of snowy ice on everything nobody was going outside, so the moment passed in a respectful silence. Finally.

Forum List

Back