Three Big Supporters Throw Climate Hoaxers Overboard

inhofe-fly.jpg

I have decided to join the side of science - the GOP.

Arrrrrrgh, mateys!

The S.S. Global Moonbat is takin' on water!!

Arrrrrrrrgh!
Three big companies quit an influential lobbying group that had focused on shaping climate-change legislation, in the latest sign that support for an ambitious bill is melting away.

Oil giants BP PLC and ConocoPhillips and heavy-equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. said Tuesday they won't renew their membership in the three-year-old U.S. Climate Action Partnership, a broad business-environmental coalition that had been instrumental in building support in Washington for capping emissions of greenhouse gases.

The move comes as debate over climate change intensifies and concerns mount about the cost of capping greenhouse-gas emissions.

BP, ConocoPhillips and Caterpillar Pull Out of Climate Partnership - WSJ.com

Interesting.....two oil companies and a major greenhouse emitter want nothing to do with it.
And what did their initial buying into and financially supporting the hoax do for them?

Hmmmmmmm??

Poor warmers...

Send $200 check or money order to "Algore Fucked You Over, Inc." to ease your suffering... He will make things right again, but you'll always look like idiots for buying his bullshit...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/03/business/energy-environment/03gore.html

Former Vice President Al Gore thought he had spotted a winner last year when a small California firm sought financing for an energy-saving technology from the venture capital firm where Mr. Gore is a partner.
The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient. It came to Mr. Gore’s firm, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, one of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital providers, looking for $75 million to expand its partnerships with utilities seeking to install millions of so-called smart meters in homes and businesses.

Mr. Gore and his partners decided to back the company, and in gratitude Silver Spring retained him and John Doerr, another Kleiner Perkins partner, as unpaid corporate advisers.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts. Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr. Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.

...Critics, mostly on the political right and among global warming skeptics, say Mr. Gore is poised to become the world’s first “carbon billionaire,” profiteering from government policies he supports that would direct billions of dollars to the business ventures he has invested in.

I travel extensively all over hunting and fishing spending a lot of time with guides from many countries and states.
To suggest they are political in any way is hilarious.
You arm chair slicks know nothing of the outdoors.
Wake up. The earth is warming.
For the scientifically challenged:
Start your car, motorcycle or any engine.
Is the exhaust hot?
Pave some more land and tell me if that pavement holds heat.
Wake up America. Every other country I have fished and hunted in the locals and guides and everyone tell me the water has warmed and the average temperatures have been going up.
Now wait for the conspiracy theorists here claim that guide in Mexico or Brazil is getting an Al Gore grant or some other BS.

Al Gore's $100 Million Makeover - Current TV - Generation Investment Management - An Inconvenient Truth | Fast Company

Financial disclosure documents released before the 2000 election put the Gore family's net worth at $1 million to $2 million. After years of public service--and four kids needing high-priced educations--Al and Tipper used to fret occasionally about money. Not anymore. They have a new multimillion-dollar home in a tony section of Nashville and a family home in Virginia, and have recently bought a multimillion-dollar condo at the St. Regis condo/hotel in San Francisco. Available data indicate a net worth well in excess of $100 million.

...The production schedule for An Inconvenient Truth was so compressed that Gore joked it was like making "Kill Al, Vol. Three," a friendly jibe at Bender. Filming began in July 2005; the premiere was at Sundance the following January. In between, Katrina hit. "I was scheduled to give the slide show in New Orleans that day," Gore says. "The audience was the state insurance commissioners who wanted to learn more about hurricanes and global warming."

The movie was released theatrically in New York and Los Angeles in May 2006, in wide release in June. And by March 2007, Gore was thanking the Academy. Part of the proceeds from the film go to the Alliance for Climate Protection. The film has made more than $50 million worldwide; 50,000 DVDs have been given away to schools and nonprofits, and 850,000 copies of the book have been sold.

Obama and the libs are going to fall on their sword over global warming.... Facts don't matter... They will never admit that they got caught trying to scam the world.

You need to do something about this onset of ahlzhiemers. Grab ahold of something. Obama has only been president for a year. I know! Shocking! Before that he was a Senator for a couple of years. Now here is the fucked up part. Scientists have been warning the world about the dangers of mans contribution to climate change for more than 50 years! You have had thousands of people, mostly educated scientists, nary a one of them was Obama. So...you have waited all this time to blame it all on the colored guy?

How white of you.

Obama and the libs are going to fall on their sword over global warming.... Facts don't matter... They will never admit that they got caught trying to scam the world.

You need to do something about this onset of ahlzhiemers. Grab ahold of something. Obama has only been president for a year. I know! Shocking! Before that he was a Senator for a couple of years. Now here is the fucked up part. Scientists have been warning the world about the dangers of mans contribution to climate change for more than 50 years! You have had thousands of people, mostly educated scientists, nary a one of them was Obama. So...you have waited all this time to blame it all on the colored guy?

How white of you.

You forgot about Jesu....I mean Al Gore.

I believe John Deere is part of that coalition too; I hope they leave it as well. Now...what are we going to do about the Environmental Protection Agency? They are planning to tax CO2 emissions. What can we do about them? Progressives don't want to listen to reason.

I believe John Deere is part of that coalition too; I hope they leave it as well. Now...what are we going to do about the Environmental Protection Agency? They are planning to tax CO2 emissions. What can we do about them? Progressives don't want to listen to reason.

There are 2 ways and should be done in order

1) vote out all the progressive Dems/Reps in congress and vote in people who will oversee the EPA in a responsible manner (IE not allowing them to circumvent the congress and constitution)

2) If they dont listen...well...we may have to repeat history. "The British are Coming, The British are coming"

Let's try a little logic here:

First, global warming is in fact happening. There's no doubt about it. The polar ice caps are receding at an incredible rate. NASA has more than confirmed global warming to be a fact.

That is not the question.

The question is: To what extent is global warming being either caused by or accelerated by carbon emmissions.

The answer is: Nobody knows for sure.

It cannot be either proven or disproven, but all the scientific data combined with the best deductive reasoning and mathematics indicate that the highest probability is that global warming is either being caused or accelerated by carbon emissions.

In fact, until someone can absolutely prove that global warming is NOT being caused or accelerated by carbon emissions, the only intelligent conclusion is to assume that it is.

The entire argument that global warming is not being caused or accelerated by carbon emissions, is first based on the discovery that one set of data from one research institue was falsified - ignoring that thousands of data sets gathered by thousands of institutions over decades all point to the fact that it is being caused by carbon emissions.

Clearly, one thing is for sure - the millions of conservatives that have insisted that global warming is a hoax are not qualified in any way whatsoever to figure this question out.

They, like the mindless sheep that they are, follow the call of their political masters without question.

THEY DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!

So until you can prove that global warming absolutely IS NOT being caused by carbon emission, STFU and listen to the people who know what they're talking about!

And the con's heroine, Palin, agrees not only with that, but believes dinosaurs walked with humans on earth 6,000 years ago.

No kiddin'...Who said anything about Palin?

Well I was referring to several things to be quite honest. Some people's obsession with Palin on the left is equally matched by some on the right (including many on this board's) obsession with Al Gore.

How white of you.

Actually the hoax was global cooling in the 70s.

Please keep up.

Climate myths: They predicted global cooling in the 1970s - environment - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist

No kiddin'...Who said anything about Palin?

Well I was referring to several things to be quite honest. Some people's obsession with Palin on the left is equally matched by some on the right (including many on this board's) obsession with Al Gore.

The topic is the global cooling, errr I mean global warming hoax. Al Gore has a lot to do with it. Palin has nothing to do with it.

The topic is the global cooling, errr I mean global warming hoax. Al Gore has a lot to do with it. Palin has nothing to do with it.

Even if Al Gore is a major figure to some in the movement, the obsession with some of Al Gore on this board is quite pathetic. And it's even more pathetic when they mock other people for doing exactly what they do with other people.

And if you try to deny that, well we know where you stand.

Forum List

Back