Three strikes and the cop is still on the street.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The old saying about three strikes and you are out is the basis for a lot of habitual offender laws. However for corrupt police three strikes and he is still a cop.

One of the arguments that I make opposing government databases is the inevitable abuse of the collected information. Proponents argue that the database will not be abused and if it is the person who does it will be disciplined for it.

The discipline is pretty much a slap on the wrist.

Mendota Heights Police Officer Suspended for Third Time

So the cop on the street has a history of doing just this sort of abuses. Yet despite that and having been disciplined before for the same action they did not feel it was appropriate to fire the cop. He was suspended for thirty days. The big offense was discussing the case with a former employee who was now in a political position that would appeal the decision of the boss.

To summarize the problem. We have a cop who has a history of abusing the databases and after repeated warnings he continues to do the same thing over and over again. This is his third suspension and still they put him on the street with the authority to abuse time and time again.

Later we will be told how honest and trustworthy the police are. Selfless defenders of something or another. I'll snort and shake my head and be called a cop hater.

So the message to police is this. If you are told to stop doing something and you keep doing it, well they will tell you to stop again. You'll probably retire before they get around to thinking about firing you. Stalk some women, no problem. Just don't go outside the department to tell anyone else.

Forum List

Back