Thug charges cop; Fights him...TAKES gun...shoots cop in chest; Hey...better than a riot though.

Give police unlimited power.

Well....despite the liberals desire to have unchecked government power....that's a terrible idea.

Now.....libs....when a thug is trying to take a cops gun what should he do? We've seen the past few days a cop shot with his own gun. Another beaten unconcious with his own gun....and the thug luckily chose not to kill him.

BUT....when a cop shoots to stop this threat....which could end up getting him shot or killed if he loses.....the libs riot and demand the cop be jailed.

So.....what should academies teach?
We should give police jetpacks. And lazer guns.

Ah. As suspected liberals offer nothing.
We should arm them in aerial mecha suits, where they can rain down missiles on us from the sky! So badazz!

Voltron Lions would be better. Their fast and they can chew and rip people if suspected of possibly being violent sometime in the future

And here is my point. When asked to provide a better solution to this....liberals resort to jokes and sophomoric nonsense.

ClosedCaption....if you were in charge....how would you train cops to defend themselves when a person is attacking then and trying to wrestle their gun away? Second....if they win and create separation....what should they do if the person starts to come at them a second time....having already shown they want to take the gun????

I'm sure you'll offer up some nonsense from Battlestar Galactica or something rather than an actual reasoned response.

Cops are still being taught the old O'Neill method of close-quarters combat while the world has moved far past that. Time for Krav Maga and Brazilian jiu-jitsu instruction....a cop should never lose a street fight...never.

YEP. I agree. But that would require far more intense training....and far fewer recruits would pass the far more demanding physical requirements. So standards would rise. Libs will say that's racist and sexist....and the new intense hand to hand training is too militarized.

YEP. I agree. But that would require far more intense training....and far fewer recruits would pass the far more demanding physical requirements. So standards would rise. Libs will say that's racist and sexist....and the new intense hand to hand training is too militarized.

Those two schools take a lot less time and training than traditional Japanese or Korean martial arts because they're designed for street-fighting. I'm a GoJu Ryu black belt and am inclined to attack collarbones and the liver in a street fight. No bloody faces and lumps on the head for court pictures that way. :cool-45:

Well....despite the liberals desire to have unchecked government power....that's a terrible idea.

Now.....libs....when a thug is trying to take a cops gun what should he do? We've seen the past few days a cop shot with his own gun. Another beaten unconcious with his own gun....and the thug luckily chose not to kill him.

BUT....when a cop shoots to stop this threat....which could end up getting him shot or killed if he loses.....the libs riot and demand the cop be jailed.

We should arm them in aerial mecha suits, where they can rain down missiles on us from the sky! So badazz!

Voltron Lions would be better. Their fast and they can chew and rip people if suspected of possibly being violent sometime in the future

And here is my point. When asked to provide a better solution to this....liberals resort to jokes and sophomoric nonsense.

ClosedCaption....if you were in charge....how would you train cops to defend themselves when a person is attacking then and trying to wrestle their gun away? Second....if they win and create separation....what should they do if the person starts to come at them a second time....having already shown they want to take the gun????

I'm sure you'll offer up some nonsense from Battlestar Galactica or something rather than an actual reasoned response.
If they had a full arsenal of grenades, rocket launchers, and automatic rifles, they would never be in danger and could deal with the suspect however they please.

voltron-o.gif

Wow. I couldn't have been more accurate. Liberals are responding to a legitimate question....with elementary school style childishness.

voltron-o.gif
Boom son! Who would ever ask THAT if it has a warrant, or why it's detaining someone?! That thing could blow away an entire neighborhood in seconds! Finally, American justice!

A legitimate question regarding use of deadly force as it applies to these scenarios.

And liberals respond like juveniles. They have no answers or better alternatives.

If they had a full arsenal of grenades, rocket launchers, and automatic rifles, they would never be in danger and could deal with the suspect however they please.

Yeah, you know considering that anyone can be a mortal threat and anyone could kill a cop lets just throw out the whole idea of differing circumstances. I mean really, Bucs makes a good point...Anyone can do anything so its best to treat everyone like you're one step away from dying because that would help people a lot.

Is that really an old lady or should she be frisked and laid face down on the ground? Who knows!

Is that kid really a kid or a blood thristy animal waiting to strike? Best take precaution and put that finger on the trigger and aim for the head. You just never know

Wow. I couldn't have been more accurate. Liberals are responding to a legitimate question....with elementary school style childishness.
They do not want to discuss the issue seriously because they know they cannot do so without making themselves to be fools.

Yep. They riot and burn a city down. They demonize cops for a year and chant for their deaths.

Yet...when real incidents show that when an attacker takes a cops gun....the cop is shot with it....they cannot suggest a better solution on how to make sure that doesnt ever happen. I ask how an Academy should teach, say, a 5'6 130 pound female cop to defend her life should a 6'3 260 pound unarmed skinhead attack her and begin going for her gun. And liberals will respond with cartoon images and juvenile sarcasm.

A legitimate question regarding use of deadly force as it applies to these scenarios.

And liberals respond like juveniles. They have no answers or better alternatives.

We have answers but everyday you tell us some ghost story hypothetical and imagine that there is only one way to approach every situation. Then you go into your game of asking people if they are cops. Thats like asking you when were you ever president when you have an opinion on something.

Yes our officers should be highly trained killing machines. And considered well above the law!

None of the techniques I've mentioned are killing techniques...they are intended to quickly discourage the attacker by rendering him immobile as quickly as possible. If I want to kill an attacker I can simply aim my shuto strikes at his throat and temples instead of his collarbones.

They do not want to discuss the issue seriously because they know they cannot do so without making themselves to be fools.
Yep. They riot and burn a city down. They demonize cops for a year and chant for their deaths.
Yet...when real incidents show that when an attacker takes a cops gun....the cop is shot with it....they cannot suggest a better solution on how to make sure that doesnt ever happen. I ask how an Academy should teach, say, a 5'6 130 pound female cop to defend her life should a 6'3 260 pound unarmed skinhead attack her and begin going for her gun. And liberals will respond with cartoon images and juvenile sarcasm.
Oh - a skinhead? Shoot him, by all means.
If the assailant is black? Take the round and smile, you racist bitch.

Yeah, you know considering that anyone can be a mortal threat and anyone could kill a cop lets just throw out the whole idea of differing circumstances. I mean really, Bucs makes a good point...Anyone can do anything so its best to treat everyone like you're one step away from dying because that would help people a lot.

Is that really an old lady or should she be frisked and laid face down on the ground? Who knows!

Is that kid really a kid or a blood thristy animal waiting to strike? Best take precaution and put that finger on the trigger and aim for the head. You just never know

Deflection.

Graham v. Connor SCOTUS ruling...decades old...already addresses differing circumstances. An 8 year old or 95 year old woman....not a deadly threat. They could have a gun....which the GUN would present a deadly threat because anyone can pull a trigger.

I'm asking....if a 250 pound adult male is going for a cops gun....how should academies teach defending that? We see that if the man wins and gets the gun....cop is maybe dead. But if the cop shoots him....he's possibly jailed and fired, and riots burn the city.

If the cop reaches for a taser....while the criminal is reaching for the cops gun....well....cop better be fastest. And hope his taser works. Dumb plan.

So ClosedCaption. .....SCOTUS ruled on differing circumstances decades ago. How bout try again.....

Oh - a skinhead? Shoot him, by all means.
If the assailant is black? Take the round and smile, you racist bitch.

Yeah...I had to make the attacker a skinhead. Otherwise liberals couldn't even speculate on possibly using force.

Exactly. Police are just people like you and me. And how do they know if you're armed or not?! If you're against police shooting first and asking questions later, then you're a thug who wants cops to be murdered.

Forum List

Back