🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tim Kaine flashback: Let’s make illegal immigrants pay a ‘significant penalty’ to fund more border s

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012

Isn't it amazing how they change their tunes when it comes to political necessity? This certainly isn't what we're hearing from him now.

What I would do on the immigration, you know, comprehensive reform is this,” Kaine says. He continues, “I would require those who are here illegally to sort of raise their hand and come forward and say ‘we broke the law.’

By admitting that you’re breaking the law you’re going to have that as a criminal violation, as a legal violation and you’re going to have to pay a penalty and it’s going to be a significant penalty that you will pay over a period of time, whether it’s a fine or whether it’s an escalated tax rate, you’re going to have to pay that. We would take that money that was being paid by those who have come here unlawfully and we would use it to increase border security.”

Kaine claims illegal immigration is down but reiterates, “I would take these fines paid by folks who are here and do even more border security to try to protect our borders.”

Full story @ Tim Kaine flashback: Let’s make illegal immigrants pay a ‘significant penalty’ to fund more border security - Hot Air

It's like getting blood from a stone, if you ask me. Higher tax rate? They'll just keep working under the table, where even if they're getting less per hour, they'll bring home more. The financial penalty stuff and the criminal history stuff is a bad idea, imo. ONCE the border is secured, really secured, let them get their green card and start paying taxes, and let bygones be bygones.

Forum List

Back