🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Time for Moderates to grow a set of balls

I'll take the bait on this one.
"Now you can't smoke in a public place" I am a smoker and actually I don't like people smoking around me while I'm eating, I find it very rude, and I do believe that second hand smoke can be harmful to others (although probably not near as much as they say)

"can't ingest drugs in your home," well here, I don't believe pot really leads to many crimes, so I'm actually ok with that, but any drugs that make you act crazy and violent (angel dust) I am not ok with.

"can't carry weapons for your personal defence" honestly if I saw someone dressed like a hoodlum carry a 9 sticking out of his belt I'd be scared.

"can't eat what you want" i keep hearing this but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Did the government outlaw the big mac?

I find you and your opinions to be rude... For fucks sake you could give me a heart attack bitch, not to mention I have the right to be happy fool..

Who the fuck are you to infringe on my right to be happy dummy?

Who the fuck do you think you are depriving me of my right to be happy motherfucker?

Yeah, typical greedy selfish libfuck you are.... Never thought about me did you? naw, only about yourself and YOUR position...

Fuck off..

I find you and your opinions to be rude... For fucks sake you could give me a heart attack bitch, not to mention I have the right to be happy fool..

Who the fuck are you to infringe on my right to be happy dummy?

Who the fuck do you think you are depriving me of my right to be happy motherfucker?

Yeah, typical greedy selfish libfuck you are.... Never thought about me did you? naw, only about yourself and YOUR position...

Fuck off..

don't know at all where this came from... unless your a hoodlum that can only be happy carrying around a 9 or unless you addicted to angel dust...

In our 200 year history, we have relied on moderates of both parties to find the middle ground. That was how politics was done, come in with extreme positions and then have your moderates work out a deal

In America today, moderates cower in fear and meekly shrug..."What can I do?". Moderates fear that they will be driven from their party if they do not toe the extremist line. Compromise used to be a sign of intelligence and maturity...now it is a sign of weakness

There are no win-win situations anymore. Win-win means the other side also wins so it is looked at as defeat.

It is time for moderates of both parties to take back control of their parties. Our government no longer functions and every minor decision requires a filibuster proof majority.

Come on moderates......Grow a set of balls
I can guarantee 1 thing the moderates are going to help the conservatives vote this idiot out of the White House!!:clap2:

Problem is, th moderates helped give us this idiot in the White House.
I agree but the vast majority have learned a valuable lesson,and the dems are in deep sh!#.I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF HE KEEPS DROPPING IN THE POLLS TO SEE DEMS ABANDON AND DROP OBAMA LIKE A HOT POTATO.[there political careers are in danger like never before!!!:clap2::clap2:

"Moderates" are the ass-end of the american polity. They stand for nothing. They have no principles. They criticize the "extremes", but in fact their position can only be defined using the extremes. To get their position, and the two "extremes" together, and divide by two. :D I'll take a leftwinger with integrity any day over a "moderate".

In our 200 year history, we have relied on moderates of both parties to find the middle ground. That was how politics was done, come in with extreme positions and then have your moderates work out a deal

In America today, moderates cower in fear and meekly shrug..."What can I do?". Moderates fear that they will be driven from their party if they do not toe the extremist line. Compromise used to be a sign of intelligence and maturity...now it is a sign of weakness

There are no win-win situations anymore. Win-win means the other side also wins so it is looked at as defeat.

It is time for moderates of both parties to take back control of their parties. Our government no longer functions and every minor decision requires a filibuster proof majority.

I can guarantee 1 thing the moderates are going to help the conservatives vote this idiot out of the White House!!:clap2:

Good luck....without convincing the moderates that republicans are not batshit crazy, you do not have a chance

"Moderates" are the ass-end of the american polity. They stand for nothing. They have no principles. They criticize the "extremes", but in fact their position can only be defined using the extremes. To get their position, and the two "extremes" together, and divide by two. :D I'll take a leftwinger with integrity any day over a "moderate".

Moderates are the real America....always have been

Well OKAY THEN!

From now one I will vote 100% LIBERAL! 100% DEM!

Wait, that might not have been your intent? :lol:

What is it that has you convinced Moderates as somehow less courageous than those who blindly follow one party / ideology? Because frankly, I would say it takes a lot more balls to think for yourself, than to have Glenn Beck or Rachel Maddow do it for you.
But your uh, Dale Carngie approach to influence is sure to be effective...:eusa_whistle:

Baloney - eg, the founding fathers were radicals, what you would have called "extremists".

Well OKAY THEN!

From now one I will vote 100% LIBERAL! 100% DEM!

Wait, that might not have been your intent? :lol:

What is it that has you convinced Moderates as somehow less courageous than those who blindly follow one party / ideology? Because frankly, I would say it takes a lot more balls to think for yourself, than to have Glenn Beck or Rachel Maddow do it for you.
But your uh, Dale Carngie approach to influence is sure to be effective...:eusa_whistle:

Moderates are unwilling to take leadership positions in their party, unwilling to tell their extremists to fuck off, unwilling to stand up for what they believe

Baloney - eg, the founding fathers were radicals, what you would have called "extremists".

"Moderates" is a label which is usually misused to describe Independents like myself. We are not mindless drones who agree with one party simply because they are a party. Many of us have very extreme views in some areas. I am very opinionated (there's a surprise! eh?).

I am VERY against the abuse of power by private unions. I grew up in Detroit and learned a phrase from those who were PROUD of being paid a lot for doing a crappy job: "Go ahead try to fire me, I got seniority!". So LibDems can kiss my little white butt on that issue.
On the other side, I've owned a biz for 19 years. I've always carried good insurance for myself and employees. My brother was a painter with a small company with insurance that wasn't as good. After being dicked around by an insurance company for 9 months, we finally found out he had pancreatic cancer. I could have just said "oh well" but he's my brother. His medical bills ending up costing us between $8 - $10K a month, plus a few other things.
So take a guess about whether or not I am STRONGLY for a public option. The ConservaRepubs can kiss my butt on that one. Besides, I've lived in three countries where I had government run HC and also had it when I was in the military. I found it better than what my brother got and it didn't cost a dime.

The list goes on. I don't get my views from Beck, Boehner, Maddow, Reid or whoever. I make up my own mind and also do research.

So sling your insults all you want. Doesn't mean much to those of us who are strong enough to think for ourelves.

The US Constitution is one of the biggest compromises in US History

Our current form of Government could never agree on a Constitution

The american revolution which made the constitution possible wasn't a compromise - it was people picking up guns and driving the rascals out - and if you were there at the time, you would undoubtedly be calling them extremists.

"Moderates" is a label which is usually misused to describe Independents like myself. We are not mindless drones who agree with one party simply because they are a party. Many of us have very extreme views in some areas. I am very opinionated (there's a surprise! eh?).

I am VERY against the abuse of power by private unions. I grew up in Detroit and learned a phrase from those who were PROUD of being paid a lot for doing a crappy job: "Go ahead try to fire me, I got seniority!". So LibDems can kiss my little white butt on that issue.
On the other side, I've owned a biz for 19 years. I've always carried good insurance for myself and employees. My brother was a painter with a small company with insurance that wasn't as good. After being dicked around by an insurance company for 9 months, we finally found out he had pancreatic cancer. I could have just said "oh well" but he's my brother. His medical bills ending up costing us between $8 - $10K a month, plus a few other things.
So take a guess about whether or not I am STRONGLY for a public option. The ConservaRepubs can kiss my butt on that one. Besides, I've lived in three countries where I had government run HC and also had it when I was in the military. I found it better than what my brother got and it didn't cost a dime.

The list goes on. I don't get my views from Beck, Boehner, Maddow, Reid or whoever. I make up my own mind and also do research.

So sling your insults all you want. Doesn't mean much to those of us who are strong enough to think for ourelves.

I wish your brother well in recovering from that disease, and in deference to him, will not respond further to your post.

The american revolution which made the constitution possible wasn't a compromise - it was people picking up guns and driving the rascals out - and if you were there at the time, you would undoubtedly be calling them extremists.

You're right. It wasn't A compromise...it was thousands of compromises. You know precious little about the debates that raged and the compromises that were made to write our Constitution if you truly believe what you wrote.

Let me see if I get your logic.
Because the American Revolution was a revolution,
then the country was led first by a president who had NO Party,
then by presidents and VPs who were Democratic-Republican,
the FINALLY led by a Repbublican who chose first a Repub and then a Dem for VPs
all of which resulted from a group who said they weren't going to just blindly pledge allegiance based on one political entity...

That Moderates are somehow less "American" than those who strictly follow the beliefs of one political party?

IMO your assertation is flawed.

You're right. It wasn't A compromise...it was thousands of compromises. You know precious little about the debates that raged and the compromises that were made to write our Constitution if you truly believe what you wrote.

Did you read my post correctly? I was referring to the REVOLUTION, not the adoption of the constitution that FOLLOWED the revolution. It's ABSURD to claim that the revolution, which made EVERYTHING else possible, was a "moderate" action.

So you made a 90 degree turn. Gotcha.

He was talking about the Constitution and you switched to something entirely altogether different.

Yeah, uhm. So you agree the Constitution was made up of compromises? If so, you can sit down now. At the kiddie table.

kicking the can down the road? huh? this makes no sense this is actually a way to fix the problem, as much as SS can be fixed. The real problem with SS retirement is people keep living longer and longer, in the past 30 years life expectancy has risen 1 1/2 years, making retirement difficult . But adding 1 year would let SS retirement run a surplus for the next 15 years. Unfortunetly how long people live is continuosly changing, so the laws that govern it must do the same.
So the real problem is that people are living long enough to enjoy the retirement that they already paid into? How dare they!

How about we raise the retirement age to 99 so that almost no one will get to see it and "Sosh Securitah" remains "solvent" forever?

See the Liberal/Government mindset everyone? The programs and the politicians who administer them aren't the problem. No, it's those sons of bitches who paid into it aren't dying off soon enough!

Forum List

Back