🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Time for Moderates to grow a set of balls

being a moderate means you can lean right or left depending on the subject.....are you saying you only lean one way for everything?.....

Being a moderate means that you have no backbone. You either develop a political philosophy or you don't.

Why would you want to be a moderate in this day and age?

Tell me why ABOLISHING the fucking thing doesn't make more sense?!?!?!?!?!?

Galveston County Texas Opted Out Of The Social Security Ponzi Scheme are they are extremely happy about it.

The current debate about reforming Social Security reminds me of the discussions that occurred in Galveston County, Texas, in 1980, when our county workers were offered a different, and better, retirement alternative to Social Security:

We sought a secure, risk-free alternative to the Social Security system, and it has worked very well for nearly a quarter-century. Our retirees have prospered, and our working people have had the security of generous disability and accidental death benefits.

Most important, we didn't force our children and grandchildren to be unduly taxed and burdened for our retirement care while these fine young people are struggling to raise and provide for their own families.

What has been good for Galveston County may, indeed, be good for this country.

Judge Ray Holbrook was Galveston County judge from 1967 to 1995, and oversaw the creation and administration of the Galveston County alternative plan. Alcestis"Cooky" Oberg is on USA TODAY's board of contributors.

Social Security has been delivering on it's promises for 75 years. It is a solid program and is relied on by hundreds of millions of Americans.

Didn't your commander in chief admit that there is no social security trust fund? That they have commingled social security premiums with general revenue funds ? That fedgov may not be able to deliver your check come August?

.There never has been a pot of money with your name on it. Social Security has worked for generations and will keep working

As long as Republicans do not fuck with it

being a moderate means you can lean right or left depending on the subject.....are you saying you only lean one way for everything?.....

Being a moderate means that you have no backbone. You either develop a political philosophy or you don't.

So you don't sound like an idiot. You should try it sometime.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You finally started saying rational shit and now you're back off the meds.

Yeah, God forbid a promise of individual liberty to the American people... Yeah that was a mistake... :cool:

Apparently you don't comprehend the point, to you Maoism or anarchy should be the rule of thumb.

You're a very selfish person...

Please go learn some US history. Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann may get away with making up their own versions.....but it don't fly here

Books??

I got so many books I could heat myself for a decade.

Its funny how I gotta go learn something..

I'm sick of reading your remedial books - books which you contradict yourselves in, books in which you make yourselves look ignorant..

Yeah, "Li Da and The Marxist Philosophy in China by, Nick Knight" was the latest POS half assed liberal trash I had the displeasure of reading.

Of course it is considered a "must read" among Marxist academics, yet it uses phrases to describe Soviet Marxim by "Soviet Marxism" and never goes in depth into the philosophy and makes no mention of the October Bolshevik Revolution and merely attempts to label Li's philosophy as "Soviet" related..

Its so fucking bland that I had a difficult time reading it.. That piece if shit Knight did his best to sugar coat genocide.

So go read that travesty of "education" because its right up your ally - fucking toilet paper for the truly educated.

I, for one, am impressed

Given the broken, incomprehensible ramblings that you post, I would not have had you pegged as a learned man

.There never has been a pot of money with your name on it. Social Security has worked for generations and will keep working

Kooks have been bitching about it since at least the 70's.

Then they use phony accounting methods and racism to make their case and go on tour about it.

An idiot is someone who calls another person idiot without explaining themselves.

Please explain yourself. I am thoroughly interested on how one can be a moderate in this day and age.

That's about it. Social Security was not designed for people to live twenty or more years after retirement. Nobody is recommending moving the bar for people getting ready to retire but to raise the age a year or two for people with twenty or more years to go

Tell me why ABOLISHING the fucking thing doesn't make more sense?!?!?!?!?!?

Galveston County Texas Opted Out Of The Social Security Ponzi Scheme are they are extremely happy about it.

The current debate about reforming Social Security reminds me of the discussions that occurred in Galveston County, Texas, in 1980, when our county workers were offered a different, and better, retirement alternative to Social Security:

We sought a secure, risk-free alternative to the Social Security system, and it has worked very well for nearly a quarter-century. Our retirees have prospered, and our working people have had the security of generous disability and accidental death benefits.

Most important, we didn't force our children and grandchildren to be unduly taxed and burdened for our retirement care while these fine young people are struggling to raise and provide for their own families.

What has been good for Galveston County may, indeed, be good for this country.

Judge Ray Holbrook was Galveston County judge from 1967 to 1995, and oversaw the creation and administration of the Galveston County alternative plan. Alcestis"Cooky" Oberg is on USA TODAY's board of contributors.

Social Security has been delivering on it's promises for 75 years. It is a solid program and is relied on by hundreds of millions of Americans.

So why does Obama have to borrow more just to keep the checks coming? That doesn't sound like a solid program to me.

Didn't your commander in chief admit that there is no social security trust fund? That they have commingled social security premiums with general revenue funds ? That fedgov may not be able to deliver your check come August?

How does it not go broke without tax increases?

being all one way or the other means that your just doing as your party tells you, I don't understand how anyone can believe this when obviously both sides are flawed on different issues. In other words, don't think for yourself, believe what your politicians tell you along with their news media of choice.

being all one way or the other means that your just doing as your party tells you, I don't understand how anyone can believe this when obviously both sides are flawed on different issues. In other words, don't think for yourself, believe what your politicians tell you along with their news media of choice.

There is hardly any difference between the Dems and the GOP. Trying to sit on the fence and straddle their differences is a practice of giving yourself hemorrhoids over nothing.

I have been voting 3rd party for the last three election. I am the last person who you want to call not thinking for themselves.

An idiot is someone who calls another person idiot without explaining themselves.

Please explain yourself. I am thoroughly interested on how one can be a moderate in this day and age.

I will. Again.
"Moderates" is a label which is usually misused to describe Independents like myself. We are not mindless drones who agree with one party simply because they are a party. Many of us have very extreme views in some areas. I am very opinionated (there's a surprise! eh?).

I am VERY against the abuse of power by private unions. I grew up in Detroit and learned a phrase from those who were PROUD of being paid a lot for doing a crappy job: "Go ahead try to fire me, I got seniority!". Nothing "Moderate" about my feelings on the subject. So LibDems can kiss my little white butt on that issue.
On the other side, I've owned a biz for 19 years. I've always carried good insurance for myself and employees. My brother was a painter with a small company with insurance that wasn't as good. After being dicked around by an insurance company for 9 months, we finally found out he had pancreatic cancer. I could have just said "oh well" but he's my brother. His medical bills ending up costing us between $8 - $10K a month, plus a few other things.
So take a guess about whether or not I am STRONGLY for a public option. Nothing "Moderate" there either. The ConservaRepubs can kiss my butt on that one. Besides, I've lived in three countries where I had government run HC and also had it when I was in the military. I found it better than what my brother got and it didn't cost a dime.

The list goes on. As an INDEPENDENT, I don't get my views from Beck, Boehner, Maddow, Reid or whoever. I make up my own mind and also do research.

So sling your insults all you want. They don't mean much to those of us who are strong enough to think for ourelves.

I will. Again.

I asked CandyCorn to explain herself, not you. However, I see that you want to martyr yourself.

I am VERY against the abuse of power by private unions. I grew up in Detroit and learned a phrase from those who were PROUD of being paid a lot for doing a crappy job: "Go ahead try to fire me, I got seniority!". Nothing "Moderate" about my feelings on the subject. So LibDems can kiss my little white butt on that issue.
On the other side, I've owned a biz for 19 years. I've always carried good insurance for myself and employees. My brother was a painter with a small company with insurance that wasn't as good. After being dicked around by an insurance company for 9 months, we finally found out he had pancreatic cancer. I could have just said "oh well" but he's my brother. His medical bills ending up costing us between $8 - $10K a month, plus a few other things.

How the fuck is this moderate? The two parties disagree with you heavily, yet you think you are a moderate.

This is most laughable.

So take a guess about whether or not I am STRONGLY for a public option. Nothing "Moderate" there either. The ConservaRepubs can kiss my butt on that one. Besides, I've lived in three countries where I had government run HC and also had it when I was in the military. I found it better than what my brother got and it didn't cost a dime.

The list goes on. As an INDEPENDENT, I don't get my views from Beck, Boehner, Maddow, Reid or whoever. I make up my own mind and also do research.

So sling your insults all you want. They don't mean much to those of us who are strong enough to think for ourelves.

Essentially, you don't like either party (which is good), but you think that this is a moderate stance.

I don't need to insult you. You did that yourself.

I will. Again.

I asked CandyCorn to explain herself, not you. However, I see that you want to martyr yourself.

How the fuck is this moderate? The two parties disagree with you heavily, yet you think you are a moderate.

This is most laughable.

Essentially, you don't like either party (which is good), but you think that this is a moderate stance.

I don't need to insult you. You did that yourself.

I see you intentionally left out the first sentence, which is the only way you could netertain yourself with your petty little insults and such.

I will post it. Again. Now see if you can figure out why this might be relevant. If not, ask one of those intellectual Liberal elitists types. They're irritatingly smart. He was go. Ready?...

"Moderates" is a label which is usually misused to describe Independents like myself.

I see you intentionally left out the first sentence, which is the only way you could netertain yourself with your petty little insults and such.

Why do you lie? Your fist sentence was "I will. Again" which I quoted.

I think that you mean your second sentence, which is also hogwash. Moderates are not necessarily independent.

Once again, I don't need to insult you. You insulted yourself enough.

I think that you mean your second sentence, which is also hogwash. Moderates are not necessarily independent.

Really didn't think I would have to dumb this down any more than it was but you are um "special"

Usually: adv. Commonly encountered, experienced, or observed.

It is very comon to observed people misusing the term Moderates when... ah never mind. I don't argue with homeless people pushing shopping carts. Reason is not something one expects. So hmmm.

You are just absolutely right there junior! No one ever calls those without specific party / ideological loyalties "Independents"! Man are you right! Wow. Just uh, incredibly right! I hope you feel alllll better now. (pat on head)

So you made a 90 degree turn. Gotcha.

He was talking about the Constitution and you switched to something entirely altogether different.

Yeah, uhm. So you agree the Constitution was made up of compromises? If so, you can sit down now. At the kiddie table.

You're full of it - I mentioned the Revolution, and he tried to switch it to the constitution. Once again, the REVOLUTION was created by radicals, overturning his claim that "americans have always been moderates". Duck and weave away from this all you want - won't change the facts.

American history is loaded with infamous creations of "moderates", eg, the Compromise of 1850, and the Plessy v. Ferguson decision by the USSC.

Forum List

Back