Time to come together as Americans!

I agree with all of that but my fear is another president might jump in before thinking how to get out as we did before or that they would succumb to the pressure of the neocons and not wait tobuild the coalition that we have this opportunity to build

So we sit and wait for him to do something...... just like the border...... race relations...... until then, we sit patiently while our all knowing, smartest POTUS ponders how not to offend the religion of peace
Man wouldn't it be nice to hear the phone calls between leaders to know whether there is any progress behind the scenes. The only thing that gives me confidence is that so many countries want these guys wiped off the planet. I mean countries that all usually hate each other have common interest so maybe this enemy will help the peace process in the whole region if we can find some people to work together now.

Seems to me we were pretty united in this country after 9/11. The US built a coalition of countries and in Congress a bipartisan vote approved the Iraq Resolution for regime change. But no sooner than the coalition experienced some bumps in the road, lots of Dims who had voted for it suddenly became critics and it conveniently became Bush's war.

So pardon my skepticism this go-round of uniting for an important cause.

Seems to me we were pretty united in this country after 9/11. The US built a coalition of countries and in Congress a bipartisan vote approved the Iraq Resolution for regime change. But no sooner than the coalition experienced some bumps in the road, lots of Dims who had voted for it suddenly became critics and it conveniently became Bush's war.

So pardon my skepticism this go-round of uniting for an important cause.
bad intell and a cheney so hungary for Halliburton to war profiteer that he lied, kind of put a damper on that whole thing. the difference here is they are asking us for help not the other way around

JWBooths sig says it all. TY for summing that up nicely

The greatest enemy(s) of your freedoms, your liberties, your way of life isn't hiding in a cave in the Middle East. He isn't teaching in a Madrassa, nor is he the leader of some foreign country, nor the leader of some drug cartel. The greatest enemies of your freedoms, your liberties, and your way of life are seated at desks, crouched behind edifices of concrete and limestone inside Washington's beltway, drawing U.S. Government paychecks.
"My first rule, I don't believe anything the government tells me" George Carlin

I understand that we all have differing political and religious views, but in these troubled times we need to come together or we won't be able to effectively address our problems. After all I believe one thing we all very much have in common is a love for our country and a very strong desire to see us succeed. When it comes to fighting terrorist and Russia and whoever else right now we have to put our differences aside and support each other and our leaders regardless of our personal feelings. United we stand, devided we fall. Just look at Viet Nam. we can't fight another war like that, our country is already very war weary and whether you supported going into Iraq or not, we broke it and now here we are. We cannot ignore the savages known as ISIS. Maybe the President is waiting to long for some. Or taking to long to build a coalition which could make us look weak. Or maybe just making sure we have a way out once we're in. I don't know, but I know that the last thing we need right now is doing our enemies job for them and fracturing our resolve to defeat them by creating in-fighting. This is way to serious to allow anything to stop us, including each of our selfish reasons to spread negativity instead of confidence and the closeness that comes from common cause. Lets help our President, our congress and our leaders in the military take the fight to these extremist and maybe it will even help our ability to fix our domestic problems which are also in serious need of repair.

No thanks, half of this country is no longer worth fighting for IMO.

I understand that we all have differing political and religious views, but in these troubled times we need to come together or we won't be able to effectively address our problems. After all I believe one thing we all very much have in common is a love for our country and a very strong desire to see us succeed. When it comes to fighting terrorist and Russia and whoever else right now we have to put our differences aside and support each other and our leaders regardless of our personal feelings. United we stand, devided we fall. Just look at Viet Nam. we can't fight another war like that, our country is already very war weary and whether you supported going into Iraq or not, we broke it and now here we are. We cannot ignore the savages known as ISIS. Maybe the President is waiting to long for some. Or taking to long to build a coalition which could make us look weak. Or maybe just making sure we have a way out once we're in. I don't know, but I know that the last thing we need right now is doing our enemies job for them and fracturing our resolve to defeat them by creating in-fighting. This is way to serious to allow anything to stop us, including each of our selfish reasons to spread negativity instead of confidence and the closeness that comes from common cause. Lets help our President, our congress and our leaders in the military take the fight to these extremist and maybe it will even help our ability to fix our domestic problems which are also in serious need of repair.

Convince everyone to band together and vote the worthless politicians out regardless of party. Now THAT would be something to celebrate.

I don't agree with an effing thing this so called president says or does. Why would I help him?
because like it or not America elected him and for the next 2 years if you care about our country, he is the only one you can support to make our country prosper and succeed.

Or the one you can oppose in order to save the country. Depends on one's point of view doesn't it?

There is no common cause. The nation is divided. Probably permanently and fatally.

I don't agree with an effing thing this so called president says or does. Why would I help him?
because like it or not America elected him and for the next 2 years if you care about our country, he is the only one you can support to make our country prosper and succeed.
You're a nut. Stopping the train wreck called Obama is the best thing we can do for the country. Most were duped into it by the leftwing smear machine running the media.
It's also odd that anyone would think the president is the only one that can fix things, to you he's a messiah, but power isn't concentrated in the presidency in this country.
I understand what your saying. I was just talking about the next two years he is the commander in chief, like it or not, and I don't see what good it does to do nothing but try to make him look weak when we're facing such a psycho enemy.

Nobody needs to make him look weak!

Hussein The Clown makes an excellent job of it all by himself!

Fine and good...but you can lead a president to the water but you can't make him drink.
what do you think he should do for us.
His job.
I guess I don't understand what you mean. if we unilaterally fight ISIS we have to also send our troops back over there in the middle of the 3000 year old civil war between the Sunni and the Shia. the Shia are Iran, Syria and Assad, there leade, and the new Iraq government that's a week old.The Sunnis are Saudi Arabia and Jordan our allis. that would mean that we're now fighting for Assad and Iran. Maybe instead of our men lost, we can use this opportunity to get Iran to give up the nuclear program and Assads dictatorship if we team up and supply the Iraqis again and the Kurds(which are great fighters) in the north. Also if we can be seen as doing a favor for the whole middle east maybe they won't use us coming in again as a recruitment tool for their terrorist groups like they always have in the past. That's where ISIS came from in the first place, us invading Iraq.

." That's where ISIS came from in the first place, us invading Iraq"

3000 years ago?

Obama should do his job.

Beef up military...not pare down
Open pipeline
Lower taxes
Remove regulations.
Close borders
Balance the budget
Make us energy independent.

He needs to lead

While I agree with your original premise, I dispute the idea that this useless assclown, elected by a minority of Americans, would recognize and respect the American people should we manage to set aside our differences and pull together.

I agree with all of that but my fear is another president might jump in before thinking how to get out as we did before or that they would succumb to the pressure of the neocons and not wait tobuild the coalition that we have this opportunity to build

So we sit and wait for him to do something...... just like the border...... race relations...... until then, we sit patiently while our all knowing, smartest POTUS ponders how not to offend the religion of peace

He is doing something about the border, and race relations...you must have noticed that his efforts have paid off and have been wildly successful, further implementing his goal to tear this country down and fundamentally change it.

No thanks, half of this country is no longer worth fighting for IMO.

Well, at least the ones who would vote for a total loser to become POTUS for no better reason than the color of his skin.

While I agree with your original premise, I dispute the idea that this useless assclown, elected by a minority of Americans, would recognize and respect the American people should we manage to set aside our differences and pull together.
are you talking about Obama because if so you should know first that he was elected by 51% and 53% in the 2 elections, the first to do so in along time . Also I strongly disagree I believe that it is the division amongst the American people that is holding up most action in our country, but I doubt we'll ever know as it seems that most Americans now only listen to those who agree with them and refuse to even hear other views, let alone trying to respect them or to at least realize that we have to compromise to move forward as a country.

you go first. Start by writing to Harry Reid about bringing to vote the hundred or so bills that he has sitting on his desk. After all, we should all work together.

If he would tell me the truth for once, but he won't. I can't stand a liar, and that is what he is.

Forum List

Back