Time to short Stocks!

How you going to get change?

When was the last time people actually could use gold to buy stuff?

exactly...and exactly what I intended when I said reality gets twisted in the moment. it happened before BUT it can't happen now? I am not talking about groceries although I could do that, that ot my intent, if things are that bad, I'll be in even better shape but thats not my plan for it.

If things are that bad I think relying on hunting, fishing, gardening and other basic skills will go farther.

Your gold would be rather useless for me.

well, thats you.

When was the last time people actually could use gold to buy stuff? If things are that bad I think relying on hunting, fishing, gardening and other basic skills will go farther.

Gold is a store of value. You hold gold to exchange it for less valuable dollars in the future.

When was the last time people actually could use gold to buy stuff? If things are that bad I think relying on hunting, fishing, gardening and other basic skills will go farther.

Gold is a store of value. You hold gold to exchange it for less valuable dollars in the future.

Now if things are that bad...why would I want less valuable dollars even less valuable euros or worse case juan?

Again I ask, when was the last time people could use gold to buy stuff? Instead of wallowing in fear people just need to get out their roto tiller, shovel, hoe, fishing rod, axe or whatever and get industrious. Give some of your shit to your neighbor and he'll give something useful back to ya.

I trust in God and a strong back. You can keep that crappy yellow stuff.

Last edited:
Now if things are that bad...why would I want less valuable dollars even less valuable euros or worse case juan?

Again I ask, when was the last time people could use gold to buy stuff? Instead of wallowing in fear people just need to get out their roto tiller, shovel, hoe, fishing rod, axe or whatever and get industrious. Give some of your shit to your neighbor and he'll give something useful back to ya.

Gold is for when you or your neighbor need things that are not produced locally. If you need medical supplies, gasoline, rare earth magnets, solar panels, wind turbine, fertilizer, pesticides, grid tied power inverter, life saving medical treatment, etc & on & on. Gold allows you to barter with anyone on the planet not just a trusting neighbor.

Last edited:

Gold is for when you or your neighbor need things that are not produced locally. If you need medical supplies, gasoline, rare earth magnets, solar panels, wind turbine, fertilizer, pesticides, grid tied power inverter, life saving medical treatment, etc & on & on. Gold allows you to barter with anyone on the planet not just a trusting neighbor.
My wife and I are already doing both. But now may be the time to short. A lot of indicators are getting awfully bearish.

My wife and I are already doing both. But now may be the time to short. A lot of indicators are getting awfully bearish.

I have stopped selling gold because of bearish indicators. The only time I sell is after a big run-up that looses momentum in a majority of world currencies, then I sell until it comes back 5%. I use Kitco.com to monitor Gold prices in all currencies by looking at the exchange rate table at the bottom of the main page. For a quick reference you can use the Gold Price Change due to Predominant Buying/Selling number at the top of Kitco's page. Kitco prices move before the ETFs & stocks. Kitco is the street spot price that coin dealers & pawn shops use.

There is so much wrong with the economies of the world right now you never know what shoe is going to drop next, but believe me shoes are going to fall. Gold will not be bearish until we see a panic run for gold by a large percent of the global population with huge & rapid up-swing in price.

Last edited:

I have stopped selling gold because of bearish indicators. The only time I sell is after a big run-up that looses momentum in a majority of world currencies, then I sell until it comes back 5%. I use Kitco.com to monitor Gold prices in all currencies by looking at the exchange rate table at the bottom of the main page. For a quick reference you can use the Gold Price Change due to Predominant Buying/Selling number at the top of Kitco's page. Kitco prices move before the ETFs & stocks. Kitco is the street spot price that coin dealers & pawn shops use.

There is so much wrong with the economies of the world right now you never know what shoe is going to drop next, but believe me shoes are going to fall. Gold will not be bearish until we see a panic run for gold by a large percent of the global population with huge & rapid up-swing in price.

My thoughts exactly. Gold is not plummeting even when indicators show signs of topping. Gold has massive world wide following. This is not some stock that the wall-street crooks can pump & dump or short driving people out. They are playing those games, hell governments & central banks around the world are playing that game. The thing their bluff has been called by citizens around the globe. Gold is the peoples money that the banksters & politrixters can not manipulate or steal unless you let them. Paper currency is the tool of the rich government masters.

My thoughts exactly. Gold is not plummeting even when indicators show signs of topping.

What indicators are you seeing that makes you think gold is topping?

The lack of trading volume at the last peak & a decline in Gold ETFs gold holding has most of the gold bugs parroting take profits. The thing is many people have taken possession of their metals which leaves less in the markets to trade & leverage. There is almost a complete lack of physical gold to be had right now. A friend of mine ordered gold 2 months ago & has been told he may get it next year.

US Mint says has run out on Buffalo gold coins Mon Sep 27, 2010
The U.S. Mint has run out of a type of highly pure gold coin it had been selling amid record high prices of gold.
The mint said it will not stock more of the 1-ounce, 24-karat American Buffalo bullion coins.

"The United States Mint has depleted its inventory of 2010 American Buffalo One Ounce Gold Bullion Coins," the Mint said in a statement, seen by Reuters on Monday.

Officials at the Mint could not immediately be reached for comment.

This has absolutely all the makings of a bubble, just like real estate and stocks. The radio ads touting gold, the buyers advertising for it. The new highs weekly.
When interest rates rise (and they are already going up) this will fall like a gold balloon.

This has absolutely all the makings of a bubble, just like real estate and stocks. The radio ads touting gold, the buyers advertising for it. The new highs weekly.
When interest rates rise (and they are already going up) this will fall like a gold balloon.

That is funny. Do you really think Bernanke will ever let the interest rate rise? He has already signaled QE3 to drive them down further to drive employment yet employment is still in decline along with housing.

The total amount of gold in the world that is above ground is 4,501,104,720ozt. To visualize this imagine a single solid gold cube with edges of about 19 meters (about three meters short of the length of a tennis court). That's all that has ever been produced. Divided among the population of the world there are about 0.61658ozt per person, about 1.2 cubic centimeters each. At $1,400 per ozt this equates to about $863.23 worth per person on Earth.

The size of the US debt is $13.86 Trillion. Divide that by the world gold supply equals $3,079.24 per ozt. Now how much world debt is there? How many $Trillion of bonds are in the world. How much world paper currency is there? The US alone has over $111 Trillion in unfunded mandates. How many $Trillion worth of unfunded pensions are there? There are also over $600 Trillion worth of derivatives out there. About 20% of the world's gold was held by central banks before the crisis at which time over 80% of the worlds gold was in private hands. Of that 20% previously held by central banks of the world, only a small percent was held by the US central bank/Federal Reserve. Even with all the ads out that promise cash for gold, people still are not willing to part with their gold.

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly. Gold is not plummeting even when indicators show signs of topping. Gold has massive world wide following. This is not some stock that the wall-street crooks can pump & dump or short driving people out. They are playing those games, hell governments & central banks around the world are playing that game. The thing their bluff has been called by citizens around the globe. Gold is the peoples money that the banksters & politrixters can not manipulate or steal unless you let them. Paper currency is the tool of the rich government masters.

This is not some stock that the wall-street crooks can pump & dump or short driving people out.

No?

You might be in for a terrible shock if you believe that the metal market pricing cannot be manipulated.

I'll tell you what gold and silver prices really are, though...an excellent barometer of the confidence zeitgeist.

That is funny. Do you really think Bernanke will ever let the interest rate rise? He has already signaled QE3 to drive them down further to drive employment yet employment is still in decline along with housing.

The total amount of gold in the world that is above ground is 4,501,104,720ozt. To visualize this imagine a single solid gold cube with edges of about 19 meters (about three meters short of the length of a tennis court). That's all that has ever been produced. Divided among the population of the world there are about 0.61658ozt per person, about 1.2 cubic centimeters each. At $1,400 per ozt this equates to about $863.23 worth per person on Earth.

The size of the US debt is $13.86 Trillion. Divide that by the world gold supply equals $3,079.24 per ozt. Now how much world debt is there? How many $Trillion of bonds are in the world. How much world paper currency is there? The US alone has over $111 Trillion in unfunded mandates. How many $Trillion worth of unfunded pensions are there? There are also over $600 Trillion worth of derivatives out there. About 20% of the world's gold was held by central banks before the crisis at which time over 80% of the worlds gold was in private hands. Of that 20% previously held by central banks of the world, only a small percent was held by the US central bank/Federal Reserve. Even with all the ads out that promise cash for gold, people still are not willing to part with their gold.

Bernanke has no power over long term rates, which have been rising both here and abroad.
Most of the rest of what you write is crap, mainly repeating things hawked by gold sellers.

Bernanke has no power over long term rates, which have been rising both here and abroad.
Most of the rest of what you write is crap, mainly repeating things hawked by gold sellers.

You seriously don't understand the correlation between Bernanke's monetary policy and gold prices right now?

The Fed has created about 2 trillion dollars of brand new money and injected it into bank reserves. The possible money multiplier implications for this is downright terrifying.

Bernanke can't extinguish enough bank reserves at this point to make rates come up. This is why he's been messing around with the discount window rate, and why interest has been getting paid on reserves. They are fake-me-out moves to create the perception that the Fed has the power to make interest rates rise, when they currently have just about zero power to do so.

They would literally have to sell about 1 trillion in assets in the open market to make any kind of dent in the federal funds rate and get it to come up. There's just been too much money created at this point.

To assume inflation has no potential to be catastrophic in the future here because of our monetary policy, is to assume that the Fed can actually manage to exit their asset positions in a manner in which enough reserves are extinguished at the precise time to avoid any significant inflation of the money supply.

The reason why gold continues higher is because the smart money is on Federal Reserve failure.

Now Bernanke speaks of ANOTHER round of QE.

Why the fuck would you NOT have your money in gold right now???

I agree with you. One day this will become a bubble. And one day it will collapse violently. But we're not even close to that IMHO, nor to where the tech and housing bubbles were.

I also agree that rising rates is what will kill the precious metals bubble. However, gold and silver both rose from 2003 through 2007 when the Fed funds rate rose from 1% to 5.25%. Also, if you look at when gold last peaked in 1980, it quadrupled even though the long bond yield rose from 8% to 11%.

So IMHO there is still some ways to go.

You are the one repeating crap you hear on CNBC. For 2 years now their old bald head experts have been saying interest rates will rise & the Fed will let them rise. They were wrong & rates have been going down. You do realize the Fed has 2 policy goals for which it was created. They are in conflict, one is to print money & lower rates until we get unemployment to 5% which is full employment. The other is to keep the dollar strong. Over the past 40 years since the dollar came off the gold standard, necessary nonrenewable commodities have risen 8% per year against the US dollar. I see no reason for Fed to not at least maintain that level of inflation. I believe they will increase the inflation going foreword to split the difference in their 2 goals. They will create just enough inflation to keep unemployment heading down & keep the dollar in slow decline. That mean above 8% per year in nonrenewable commodities likely 12% annual inflation until 2013.

You are the one who is repeating crap & have been repeating crap all year. The only bubble is the US dollar. Google define market bubble. You will see that it describes US dollar, unfunded mandates & bonds exactly. You are a victim of group think. We just witnessed Republicans & Democrats extend entitlement spending & tax cuts. The increased US government bond sales has driven up bonds, not the lack of the Feds bond purchases. The fed will step up bond purchases to meet the increased demand shortly.

You are the one repeating crap you hear on CNBC. For 2 years now their old bald head experts have been saying interest rates will rise & the Fed will let them rise. They were wrong & rates have been going down. You do realize the Fed has 2 policy goals for which it was created. They are in conflict, one is to print money & lower rates until we get unemployment to 5% which is full employment. The other is to keep the dollar strong. Over the past 40 years since the dollar came off the gold standard, necessary nonrenewable commodities have risen 8% per year against the US dollar. I see no reason for Fed to not at least maintain that level of inflation. I believe they will increase the inflation going foreword to split the difference in their 2 goals. They will create just enough inflation to keep unemployment heading down & keep the dollar in slow decline. That mean above 8% per year in nonrenewable commodities likely 12% annual inflation until 2013.

You are the one who is repeating crap & have been repeating crap all year. The only bubble is the US dollar. Google define market bubble. You will see that it describes US dollar, unfunded mandates & bonds exactly. You are a victim of group think. We just witnessed Republicans & Democrats extend entitlement spending & tax cuts. The increased US government bond sales has driven up bonds, not the lack of the Feds bond purchases. The fed will step up bond purchases to meet the increased demand shortly.

Don't confuse the Rabbi with fundamentals. He's got all the info he needs based on radio ads.

Forum List

Back