🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Times Journo Calls for Assassination of President Trump

I guess it's an antiquated expectation these days to think people should respect the president of our nation no matter what party he belongs to, or come to his defense when people make unsightly jokes about his assassination, even if you don't support him or his policies...

Never mind me then.

Last edited:
Where was all this outrage when Donald J. Trump suggested in one of his rallies that 'second amendment people' would take care of President Hillary Clinton if she made unfavorable appointments to the SCOTUS?!

Why should I be outraged over what a British columnist tweeted?

Because like it or not, Trump is your president. And it should be unacceptable for someone to say stuff like that. It's unfortunate you don't see it that way. Obama was my president, too and I didn't stand for people suggesting or joking about his assassination.

It's a tasteless thing to do and I condemn it wholeheartedly. Why this doesn't bother anyone is beyond me.
Probably some of the same people that find this funny laughed at the fun made of President Trump's 10 yr. old son and Sarah Palin's baby with Downs Syndrome.

Outrage is a useless and self-indulgent emotion.

That's interesting...

It is interesting.

I'm happy to elaborate.

Outrage - including being outraged that other people aren't feeling the same outrage as you - is an emotional crutch. It's a way of shutting down the intellectual part of your brain, and instead fortifying your argument purely on emotion.

Take a look back through this thread - your arguments have all been about how you feel this was wrong, and how upset you are that not everyone else thinks it was wrong too.

You haven't been able to say why it is wrong, or how it was harmful.

I guess it's an antiquated expectation these days to think people should respect the president of our nation no matter what party he belongs to, or come to his defense when people make unsightly jokes about his assassination, even if you don't support him his policies...

Never mind me then.

Trump doesn't need your defense, or mine. This tweet caused no damage or harm to him.

As for respect - that has to be earned - and Donald Trump has certainly not earned my respect.

Okay, because it has happened before. Abraham Lincoln and John F Kennedy being assassinated left an indelible scar on our country's history. We have documents of one, footage of the other.

Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of our country's history would find these kinds of jokes repulsive.

Last edited:
If you do not respect the office of the presidency you are not worthy of being an American citizen. Its that simple.

You don't have to respect the current president, but you owe your respect of the office to the many people who have served and sacrificed to build this great nation. Show some damn respect.

Okay, because it has happened before. Abraham Lincoln and John F Kennedy being assassinated left an indelible scar on our country's history. We have documents of one, footage of the other.

Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of our country's history would find these kinds of jokes repulsive.

I don't see how the fact that historically, assassinations have occurred makes joking about it to be morally wrong.

As for respect - that has to be earned - and Donald Trump has certainly not earned my respect.

I never said you had to respect the man. Respect the office.

I respect the office in the sense that I recognize it's power and responsibility.

Respecting the office does not mean that I have to respect the person who sits in it, though.

I don't see how the fact that historically, assassinations have occurred makes joking about it to be morally wrong.

What? It isn't morally wrong?

On its face, joking about killing someone is immoral and wrong. That's not emotion, that's fact.

Does that attitude suddenly change when we're talking about a President of the United States?

What? It isn't morally wrong?

On its face, joking about killing someone is immoral wrong. That's not emotion, that's fact.

Does that attitude suddenly change when we're talking about a President of the United States?

No, that's emotion.

Morals are personal, and emotional. The term "fact" doesn't apply to them.

Is joking about travelling back in time to murder Hitler morally wrong?

All Americans should be outraged if anyone suggests assonating our president I don't care if they are some asshole from the UK or not. Its an attack on America and the office.

As for you Trump hating unhinged liberals, your fight is not with Trump. Its with the 30 states who voted Trump president, take your fight to them if you have the stones, I doubt you do.

Morals are personal, and emotional.

No, they're not. You and I both know murdering someone is wrong. That is a universal morality that almost every decent and upstanding individual on the planet would share.

So if we both think it is wrong to murder someone, then it is wrong to joke about murdering someone too.

Forum List

Back