🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Times Journo Calls for Assassination of President Trump

Ms. Knight isn't an American, so Trump is not the President of her nation.

I don't care if she came from the other freaking end of the known universe. There would be hell if a British journalist has made such a joke about Obama.

Thousands and thousands of people, including many posters on this message board, made constant jokes about Obama being assassinated, for 8 straight years.

No "hell" was paid.

So, where's the call for decency now from the liberal sphere?

This is wrong on so many levels and it seems some of us don't see any harm in this at all.

This is appalling.

Again, tell me why it's "wrong". What's the "harm"?

Assassination jokes?

It puzzles me you see nothing wrong with this.

It puzzles me that you feel such moral outrage over a tweet.

Please, tell me what "harm" you see here.

Thousands and thousands of people, including many posters on this message board, made constant jokes about Obama being assassinated, for 8 straight years.

No "hell" was paid.

I find your dismissive attitude on this subject to be quite repulsive.

I find your level of moral outrage over a joking tweet to be silly and hypocritical.

It's a fucking joke. No one died, no one was hurt. Nothing bad happened.

It's just a fucking tweet.

Why should I be outraged over what a British columnist tweeted?

Does that affect my life? Does it affect yours? Has this tweet hurt anyone?

The answers to all of those questions are "No".

I find your level of moral outrage over a joking tweet to be silly and hypocritical.

In what way hypocritical? Was there any need for insults?

I frankly don't care, Doc. It's speech, and she's entitled to it. But you can cross a line with speech. When does it cease being "just a joke" and become something completely repulsive?

Because like it or not, Trump is your president. And it should be unacceptable for someone to say stuff like that. It's unfortunate you don't see it that way. Obama was my president, too and I didn't stand for people suggesting or joking about his assassination.

It's a tasteless thing to do and I condemn it wholeheartedly. Why this doesn't bother anyone is beyond me.

In what way hypocritical? Was there any need for insults?

You tell me - you're the one who called my position "repulsive".

I frankly don't care, Doc. It's speech, and she's entitled to it. But you can cross a line with speech. When does it cease being "just a joke" and become something completely repulsive?

There's no hard line in the sand. It depends on context, and I imagine that we'd all draw the lines in different places.

I can say this for sure, though - I'd be no more outraged than I am now if this comment was aimed at Obama, or any other President.

Because like it or not, Trump is your president. And it should be unacceptable for someone to say stuff like that. It's unfortunate you don't see it that way. Obama was my president, too and I didn't stand for people suggesting or joking about his assassination.

It's a tasteless thing to do and I condemn it wholeheartedly. Why this doesn't bother anyone is beyond me.

I can agree that it's tasteless. But so are many other things that I just don't care about.

Outrage is a useless and self-indulgent emotion.

But perhaps "hypocritical" isn't the right term for it - in which case I apologize.

You are welcome to be outraged about whatever you want, and it's none of my business to tell you that you should instead be outraged at something else.

The same applies to you, though.

Forum List

Back