To Kill mother for Iphone

A 12-year-old Colorado girl has been detained for allegedly trying to kill her mother twice by poisoning her drinks with bleach, after her mother took away her iPhone, police said.

Just think, it`s all over a phone. The faken phone.
Whether to blame Apple for this? We're accustomed to blame anyone in our troubles, except ourselves. Stupidity or spoiled leads to tragic consequences.
Who is to blame in this case?
Two of my teenage grand kids have Iphones. Smartphones are far more than just a means of making phone calls and sending text messages. Thanks to Social Media and vast numbers of games, videos, pop music, and other apps, kids are becoming addicted to them. They take them to bed at night texting, sharing selfies, and chatting on social media. When they get up in the morning they send texts to their friends just to let them know there're up, then they send a selfie of what they are wearing today. They watch and listen to their favorite music on the the school bus. Watch videos, movies, and play games throughout the day. Don't blame the phone manufacturer, blame the parents. Kids today need just a simple phone to make calls and location services so they can be located in an emergency.

I heard about this on the news last night. Honestly I am surprised that the girl admitted to doing anything.

God bless you and the mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why was the phone taken from the girl in the first place? Why wasn't said on the news and it isn't said in the write up about it shared with us here either.

I always wonder why parents buy smartphones for their children who haven't realized what they live for yet.

A 12-year-old Colorado girl has been detained for allegedly trying to kill her mother twice by poisoning her drinks with bleach, after her mother took away her iPhone, police said.

Whether to blame Apple for this? We're accustomed to blame anyone in our troubles, except ourselves. Stupidity or spoiled leads to tragic consequences.

Talk about overreacting. That World of Warcraft kid just freaked out and tried inserting a remote in his bottom. :)

I always wonder why parents buy smartphones for their children who haven't realized what they live for yet.
They buy phones for them so they can arrange pickups ,track them, and provide emergency communications. The problem is these phones do a lot of other stuff that most parents don't like.

Two of my teenage grand kids have Iphones. Smartphones are far more than just a means of making phone calls and sending text messages. Thanks to Social Media and vast numbers of games, videos, pop music, and other apps, kids are becoming addicted to them. They take them to bed at night texting, sharing selfies, and chatting on social media. When they get up in the morning they send texts to their friends just to let them know there're up, then they send a selfie of what they are wearing today. They watch and listen to their favorite music on the the school bus. Watch videos, movies, and play games throughout the day. Don't blame the phone manufacturer, blame the parents. Kids today need just a simple phone to make calls and location services so they can be located in an emergency.
I am amazed when I go out to eat, and see whole families dining together and each is using their own little devices, and not talking to each other.

Sad.

If a parent doesn't know where their 12 year old daughter is at any given time, there is an issue. A 12 year old should only be where a responsible adult is nearby, not just running loose wherever.

If a parent doesn't know where their 12 year old daughter is at any given time, there is an issue. A 12 year old should only be where a responsible adult is nearby, not just running loose wherever.
Times change.

At 12, I could take care of myself alone, and did.

Drove my parents nuts when I left at dawn to hunt or fish, and came back after dark.

Nothing ever happened to me either.

When both parents are working 8 to 6, the parents only know where the kids should be. Knowing where your kids are and having the ability to contact them easily in an emergency is important to parents.

A few months ago my grandson was suppose to have a ride home from a Soccer game. He went in the restroom for few minutes after the game and came out to find everyone gone. It was getting dark and he was in a really bad section of town. Thankfully, he had his phone and was able to call us.

Unfortunately, parents don't really have any control on how the kids use these phones.

Forum List

Back