To the Baby boomers, your opinion on today's music ?

Sep 4, 2021
Us baby boomers had the greatest music in our generation, most genre's had its golden age, we had talents who peaked in our lifetime and actually went out and purchased albums and see them in concert.

So question, what are your thoughts on today's music?

Yeah... Today's pop does suck, I don't know what happened to good music in general. It really did go downhill after the 80s.

I don't know if it's your thing, but Metal was awesome in the 80s, but really expanded in the 90s. From the early 2000s to today, it hasn't gotten bad at all. Some argue that it's the best it's ever been.

I don't know if it's your thing, but Metal was awesome in the 80s, but really expanded in the 90s. From the early 2000s to today, it hasn't gotten bad at all. Some argue that it's the best it's ever been.
Metal was brilliant in the 80s, the 90s? Not so sure. But I just feel sorry for a certain generation who came of age in the 90s and 00s the music then hasn't stood the test of time

Us baby boomers had the greatest music in our generation, most genre's had its golden age, we had talents who peaked in our lifetime and actually went out and purchased albums and see them in concert.

1) STRINGS! Viola/fiddle. Classical, Brahms Lullaby etc.

2) 50's(before my time) & early 60's rock & roll.

3) Trance Techno.

After Trance Techno I lost interest in acquiring any new taste for newer music.

The two tunes below I listen to almost every day. If you listen closely you can pick up a barely audible sound of the strings in the background! Short of selling my soul to hell I'd do like near anything to be able to play the strings like these artists do in the two tunes below.

Todays music with only a few rare and notable exceptions sucks. Much of it is a crime to call Music.

I was born in the very early 50's so I have heard three & half different generations of music I have navigated through. Each generation is 'pre marketed' before they are born by the 'generational marketing cartel'. I fell through the cracks in the floor & ended up strung out on the strings so I have no time table of music I can relate too, I only know the sound of the strings regardless of when a particular tune was created. I have no understanding of music what so ever, do not know how to read music, can't play any type of musical instrument despite being the proud owner of a Helmke Strad violin(full size). My family IS musically inclined to include my brother a former drummer for the Mistaken Identity band(Spokane wa.), one of my grandma's was a piano player, my dad played harmonica & we have two guitar players(1st cousins). Due to incredible poverty I started working @ 14 yrs of age on farms so never had the education, time or money to learn the finer arts. Later in life I anchored a college degree but again time/money excluded any chance to indulge in the finer more skilled arts. I tip my hat to those that make the music humanity enjoys so very much. Take care, till next time!

WOW I like, I Like, I LIKE!!! Is that considered Blues music??? Thanks so much sparky for sharing that 'Bass' vid with us! I have to ask, were they really playing that bass violin with four hands?

Present day singers mostly can't sing and lack any creativity in their songs.

Present day singers mostly can't sing and lack any creativity in their songs.
Thats because they use auto tune and electronic beats. They never learned to sing, so they never learned proper song structure, pleasing notes, etc. They never learned to play real drums, so you dont get cool fills, just basic bullshit that some dude made by tapping 4 buttons on an electronic box. They lost the art of music.

When a (supposedly former) prostitute makes a "song" about her "wet ass pussy" and is lauded by the mainstream media, it confirms what I've known all along. Popular music is dead. Somebody just needs to tie it down until it stops twitching.

LOL....I could not name a top-10 tune from the last 10 years (from any genre) if my life depended on it.

The only ones I can remember in the five years prior to that is a couple of Lady Ga-Ga Tunes. Catchy with a bit of underlying talent.

Maybe because she sorta reminded me of Annie Lennox.

Meh, I suspect I listen to more light classical these days than anything else.

Today’s music sucks because it’s background driving music.

Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Queen, Ozzy, Dio, Crue, GNR, Metallica, Megadeath, Maiden, Priest, Pantera, Soundgarden, AIC, Pearl Jam, Tool, Korn, Disturbed, Foo Fighters, God Smack, Fozzy, Avenged 7x, Shinedown, etc...
Rock n roll never dies,
Classical next.
Pop, hiphop, rap & top 40 is the cheap hotel art of the music world

It's just a bunch of porch monkeys rapping non-stop with chicks with really fat asses. I'm gonna puke just thinking about that crap.

Forum List

Back