To the Baby boomers, your opinion on today's music ?

Us baby boomers had the greatest music in our generation, most genre's had its golden age, we had talents who peaked in our lifetime and actually went out and purchased albums and see them in concert.

So question, what are your thoughts on today's music?
I am actually sick of older music, classic rock as it is called. I have heard these songs hundreds if not thousands of times and now have to suffer pharmaceutical companies using songs as stupid ads for their products ruining the song forever.

Some newer groups I like are...
Glass Animals
Big Data
Hippie Sabotage
Joywave
Two Feet
Bob Moses
Nothing But Thieves...

When I had SiriusXM, Alt Nation was actually my favorite channel.

I finally realized in the last decade or so that all the music I thought I loved between adolescence and my late forties was what I listened to because my peer group told me to.

Now that peers no longer influence my tastes, I am free to enjoy what I actually enjoy, and with the exception of the rare country song that still clings to its country roots, that leaves nothing that was made after about 1985. Opera, symphony and indigenous American music, bluegrass, zydeco and the like. That's it for me.

Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Queen, Ozzy, Dio, Crue, GNR, Metallica, Megadeath, Maiden, Priest, Pantera, Soundgarden, AIC, Pearl Jam, Tool, Korn, Disturbed, Foo Fighters, God Smack, Fozzy, Avenged 7x, Shinedown, etc...
Rock n roll never dies,
Classical next.
Pop, hiphop, rap & top 40 is the cheap hotel art of the music world
What a GREAT list!

What a GREAT list!
That's just top of the head & just too many to name. I should have AC/DC, System of a Down, Tesla, Rush, Dokken, Skid Row, Nugent, Black Crows, Skynyrd, Scorpions, Creed, STP, Nirvana, Hell Yeah, NIN, Lincoln Park & so many more.
Rock doesn't die, we just gets new bands with fresh tunes.
Can't stand it when they call someone like Madonna or Justa Beaver a rock star. They ain't rockers & that vapid crap isn't quality music

That's just top of the head & just too many to name. I should have AC/DC, System of a Down, Tesla, Rush, Dokken, Skid Row, Nugent, Black Crows, Skynyrd, Scorpions, Creed, STP, Nirvana, Hell Yeah, NIN, Lincoln Park & so many more.
Rock doesn't die, we just gets new bands with fresh tunes.
Can't stand it when they call someone like Madonna or Justa Beaver a rock star. They ain't rockers & that vapid crap isn't quality music
Yep, they are "Pop Stars". Pop stars are corny, while Rock Stars are the epitome of cool, which is why people try to mislabel pop stars.

I don't listen to a lot of the music being produced today. And, if I do, it's from artists that have been producing music for decades. For instance, I just picked up the new Styx CD, "Crash Of The Crown". I really dig it, but Styx has been around, in one form or another, for 50 years...

I would disagree with regards to Madonna. She gets some of the best musicians on the planet to both record and tour with (Michael Jackson and Prince used to do that, as well).

You may not like it (I'm not a big fan), but it's definitely quality music...

Forum List

Back