Today...Smashing The Lie That JFK Was or Would Be a Conservative Today

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

This much we pledge--and more."

The OP is smashed.
"For Mr. Nixon and Mr. Dirksen and Mr. Mundt and Mr. Goldwater don't like my liberal policies, I'm glad to say, any more than they do yours."

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label, "Liberal"? If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal."

But, if by a "Liberal," they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes that we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say that I'm a "Liberal." [Applause.]
Good definition of the expletive "liberal". Still is.

JFK's greatest personal achievement was saving the lives of his PT boat crew during WW2.
averting WWII Cuban Missile Crisis
You cannot logically give JFK credit for "averting" what he himself precisely caused.

I know you have been brainwashed in school to worship JFK all your life.

It was Khrushchev who AVERTED WW3 -- by backing down.

JFK did not avert anything.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

This much we pledge--and more."

The OP is smashed.
"For Mr. Nixon and Mr. Dirksen and Mr. Mundt and Mr. Goldwater don't like my liberal policies, I'm glad to say, any more than they do yours."

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label, "Liberal"? If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal."

But, if by a "Liberal," they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes that we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say that I'm a "Liberal." [Applause.]
There are no liberals in the Dem party. They are leftists.

JFK's greatest personal achievement was saving the lives of his PT boat crew during WW2.
averting WWII Cuban Missile Crisis
You cannot logically give JFK credit for "averting" what he himself precisely caused.

I know you have been brainwashed in school to worship JFK all your life.

It was Khrushchev who AVERTED WW3 -- by backing down.

JFK did not avert anything.
Khrushchev was putting nuke missiles 20 miles off our coast, Shitforbrains. He was the aggressor, moron.

OP is obliterated.

“Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 17, 1963, annual budget message to the Congress, fiscal year 1964

In today’s economy, fiscal prudence and responsibility call for tax reduction even if it temporarily enlarges the federal deficit – why reducing taxes is the best way open to us to increase revenues.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 21, 1963, annual message to the Congress: “The Economic Report Of The President”

“It is no contradiction – the most important single thing we can do to stimulate investment in today’s economy is to raise consumption by major reduction of individual income tax rates.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 21, 1963, annual message to the Congress: “The Economic Report Of The President
"In today’s economy," JFK was not a supply sider, he was a demand sider. JFK would not be advocating that in an economy that looked like later ones ... -- stupid

I believe we must allow President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK), to speak for himself:

people say, "Why doesn't the Government mind its own business?" What is the Government's business, is the question.

This bill serves the public interest. It involves the Government because it involves the public welfare. The Constitution of the United States did not make the President or the Congress powerless. It gave them definite responsibilities to advance the general welfare--and that is what we're attempting to do.

And then I read that this bill will sap the individual self-reliance of Americans. I can't imagine anything worse, or anything better, to sap someone's self-reliance, than to be sick, alone, broke--or to have saved for a lifetime and put it out in a week, two weeks, a month, two months.

This argument that the Government should stay out, that it saps our pioneer stock--I used to hear that argument when we were talking about raising the minimum wage to a dollar and a quarter. I remember one day being asked to step out into the hall, and up the corridor came four distinguished-looking men, with straw hats on and canes. They told me that they had just flown in from a State in their private plane, and they wanted me to know that if we passed a bill providing for time and a half for service station attendants, who were then working about 55 to 60 hours of straight time, it would sap their self-reliance.

John F. Kennedy
202 - Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.
May 20, 1962

John F. Kennedy: Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.

Today...Smashing The Lie That JFK Was or Would Be a Conservative Today

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid for by the SAME people they ROBBED their entire lives. We've learned a lot about the LIMITS of what govt can and can't do since then. Those "social experiments" didn't all turn out well at all. And spending MORE money is hardly ever the entire INTELLIGENT thing to do.

If Kennedy saw the extent of the debt and the mismanagement and the Congress leaving legislation up to the bureaucracy -- he'd kick more butt than Trump is ever likely to do..

He was NOT big government. More like a compassionate modern day RINO.... Who you think added Medicare part D?

Op you really can't handle the fact JFK was a conservative ...damn embarrassing..

I would vote for him today

Forum List

Back