Today...Smashing The Lie That JFK Was or Would Be a Conservative Today

I believe we must allow President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK), to speak for himself:

people say, "Why doesn't the Government mind its own business?" What is the Government's business, is the question.

This bill serves the public interest. It involves the Government because it involves the public welfare. The Constitution of the United States did not make the President or the Congress powerless. It gave them definite responsibilities to advance the general welfare--and that is what we're attempting to do.

And then I read that this bill will sap the individual self-reliance of Americans. I can't imagine anything worse, or anything better, to sap someone's self-reliance, than to be sick, alone, broke--or to have saved for a lifetime and put it out in a week, two weeks, a month, two months.

This argument that the Government should stay out, that it saps our pioneer stock--I used to hear that argument when we were talking about raising the minimum wage to a dollar and a quarter. I remember one day being asked to step out into the hall, and up the corridor came four distinguished-looking men, with straw hats on and canes. They told me that they had just flown in from a State in their private plane, and they wanted me to know that if we passed a bill providing for time and a half for service station attendants, who were then working about 55 to 60 hours of straight time, it would sap their self-reliance.

John F. Kennedy
202 - Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.
May 20, 1962

John F. Kennedy: Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid for by the SAME people they ROBBED their entire lives. We've learned a lot about the LIMITS of what govt can and can't do since then. Those "social experiments" didn't all turn out well at all. And spending MORE money is hardly ever the entire INTELLIGENT thing to do.

If Kennedy saw the extent of the debt and the mismanagement and the Congress leaving legislation up to the bureaucracy -- he'd kick more butt than Trump is ever likely to do..

He was NOT big government. More like a compassionate modern day RINO.... Who you think added Medicare part D?

Medicare was Big Government and maybe a handful of conservatives supported JFK's big government programs

JFK, Bobby and Teddy were all Liberal Lions

I AM a fucking Liberal Lion. But you would not welcome ME in today's Dem Party. I'd be black-balled and shunned. You left tribal warriors are WAAAAAAAY past the Liberal stage...

Really? Lots of liberals in the Democratic party

They beat back Bernie Sanders and the
leftists

:rofl:

Yeah by fucking with the election..

Still it's mother fucking hilarious you think JFK was a liberal today..

averting WWII Cuban Missile Crisis
The far right has no qualms smeering war heroes. They did it to Kerry, hell Trump did it to McCain a fellow republican. The far right hates the United States as it is and wants to destroy it. Don't let them.

How fucking dare you put god damn Kerry in the same sentence as conservative JFK...

You should be shot on the spot for even suggestion that.

Aren't you the fucking idiot that called JFK a conservative? Yeah GFY moron.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

I do. JFK was a Democrat, and would be apalled at the far right joke the Republican party is today.
as would Ronald Reagan

very liberal ideological view back then sounds identical to very liberal ideological view of today

The HELL it does. Henry David Thoreau and the JFK era Liberals had an innate DISTRUST of concentrated power. Would propose social welfare programs because THAT KIND OF POWER isn't abusive or dangerous. But having your progressives and leftists SUPPORT AND COVER UP abuses of Domestic surveillance or Asset Forfeiture or Crony Capitalism would SHOCK any TRUE liberal that fears excessive govt power and loss of Freedom and Liberty..

Hell dude -- the left hasn't even USED the words Freedom and Liberty SINCE JFK. Have they? :haha:

JFK praised Adlai Stevenson and Hubert Humphrey as compatriots in liberalism

I guess you people will next be claiming Stevenson and Humphrey would be conservatives today too

I believe we must allow President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK), to speak for himself:

people say, "Why doesn't the Government mind its own business?" What is the Government's business, is the question.

This bill serves the public interest. It involves the Government because it involves the public welfare. The Constitution of the United States did not make the President or the Congress powerless. It gave them definite responsibilities to advance the general welfare--and that is what we're attempting to do.

And then I read that this bill will sap the individual self-reliance of Americans. I can't imagine anything worse, or anything better, to sap someone's self-reliance, than to be sick, alone, broke--or to have saved for a lifetime and put it out in a week, two weeks, a month, two months.

This argument that the Government should stay out, that it saps our pioneer stock--I used to hear that argument when we were talking about raising the minimum wage to a dollar and a quarter. I remember one day being asked to step out into the hall, and up the corridor came four distinguished-looking men, with straw hats on and canes. They told me that they had just flown in from a State in their private plane, and they wanted me to know that if we passed a bill providing for time and a half for service station attendants, who were then working about 55 to 60 hours of straight time, it would sap their self-reliance.

John F. Kennedy
202 - Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.
May 20, 1962

John F. Kennedy: Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid

Go ahead, ignore the transcripts, ignore the videos.

The fact is JFK was a liberal and would still be one today
An old school liberal, truth. And he would be one today. Good job not listening to the moronic propaganda that he was conservative.

These people need to push JFK to the right in order to keep their myths alive

Far too many liberals have become neocons. Far too many liberals have lost their way, because they are motivated by hatred of the left, more than for anything constructive

Exactly because JFK was the last conservative Democrat..

Glad you agree

What do you think JFK would have to say to Trump today?

You morons think he would say yeah I'm a conservative and a Trump republican???

Baaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid

Go ahead, ignore the transcripts, ignore the videos.

The fact is JFK was a liberal and would still be one today
An old school liberal, truth. And he would be one today. Good job not listening to the moronic propaganda that he was conservative.

Old school liberals were what the SOUTH VOTED FOR --- before the Dem Party made them extinct. Not near leftist or progressive enough for today's Dem party.

Today -- JFK would have to run as a Populist. Another Billionaire "populist" Pretty much an oxymoron aint' it.

very liberal ideological view back then sounds identical to very liberal ideological view of today

The HELL it does. Henry David Thoreau and the JFK era Liberals had an innate DISTRUST of concentrated power. Would propose social welfare programs because THAT KIND OF POWER isn't abusive or dangerous. But having your progressives and leftists SUPPORT AND COVER UP abuses of Domestic surveillance or Asset Forfeiture or Crony Capitalism would SHOCK any TRUE liberal that fears excessive govt power and loss of Freedom and Liberty..

Hell dude -- the left hasn't even USED the words Freedom and Liberty SINCE JFK. Have they? :haha:
Conflating things will not make your bullshit any palatable or true.

"Tonight we salute George Meany as a symbol of that struggle [applause] and as a reminder that the fight to eliminate poverty and human exploitation is a fight that goes on in our own day" - JFK

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid for by the SAME people they ROBBED their entire lives. We've learned a lot about the LIMITS of what govt can and can't do since then. Those "social experiments" didn't all turn out well at all. And spending MORE money is hardly ever the entire INTELLIGENT thing to do.

If Kennedy saw the extent of the debt and the mismanagement and the Congress leaving legislation up to the bureaucracy -- he'd kick more butt than Trump is ever likely to do..

He was NOT big government. More like a compassionate modern day RINO.... Who you think added Medicare part D?

Medicare was Big Government and maybe a handful of conservatives supported JFK's big government programs

JFK, Bobby and Teddy were all Liberal Lions

I AM a fucking Liberal Lion. But you would not welcome ME in today's Dem Party. I'd be black-balled and shunned. You left tribal warriors are WAAAAAAAY past the Liberal stage...

Really? Lots of liberals in the Democratic party

They beat back Bernie Sanders and the
leftists

OMG -- that's idiotic. There are no real principles left in EITHER of the brand name parties. The Clintons and Bushes are all about GAINING AND MAINTAINING POWER. That's DYNASTY landscape there. Not Liberals. Very definition of Leftist (or rightists) are folks who care more about gaining and maintaining power than in any core principles....

"Tonight we salute George Meany as a symbol of that struggle [applause] and as a reminder that the fight to eliminate poverty and human exploitation is a fight that goes on in our own day" - JFK

Hilarious, you would crucifix JFK at the stake if he was in the Democratic party today.

Idiot.

Old school liberals were what the SOUTH VOTED FOR --- before the Dem Party made them extinct. Not near leftist or progressive enough for today's Dem party.

Today -- JFK would have to run as a Populist. Another Billionaire "populist" Pretty much an oxymoron aint' it.
Republicans and Democrats were Old School Liberals at one time. Then along came Ronald Reagan demonizing liberalism and cleansing the party

The SOUTH voted to keep their niggras in check. Many of them Southern Gentlemen were as conservative a Democrat as it could get

The Kennedy family, unlike the Trump family believed in "noblesse oblige" and any populism a Kennedy would appeal to, would be tempered with a pragmatic liberalism , similar to Barack Obama.

For better or worse,
It was the Kennedy family who passed the torch to Obama

Hilarious, you would crucifix JFK at the stake if he was in the Democratic party today.

Idiot.
You moron, you probably believe the Democrats favored Bernie Sanders

And how ARE the labor votes going these days for leftist/progressives? I think Trump raided your kitty a LOT with some simple common sense support for "labor and jobs"... JFK UNDERSTOOD labor and jobs. and at that time, Unions were an institution.. The Unions then refused to change their archaic idea of what "a job" IS in the 21st Century. So now they are irrelevant. I'm a Libertarian. A TRUE FUCKING Liberal. Can out-liberal you on MANY issues. But I think Unions would be a neat thing to have if they cared about individuals and CAREERS and not just a 19th Century view of Capitalism..

Idiot.
You moron, you probably believe the Democrats favored Bernie Sanders
The kids did ....

Yet you stole it from him

The Bushs, the Clintons, the Kennedys all followed in an American tradition of political family dynasties

get over it. Every state has had political dynasties that The People voted for over and over again

And how ARE the labor votes going these days for leftist/progressives? I think Trump raided your kitty a LOT with some simple common sense support for "labor and jobs"... JFK UNDERSTOOD labor and jobs. and at that time, Unions were an institution.. The Unions then refused to change their archaic idea of what "a job" IS in the 21st Century. So now they are irrelevant. I'm a Libertarian. A TRUE FUCKING Liberal. Can out-liberal you on MANY issues. But I think Unions would be a neat thing to have if they cared about individuals and CAREERS and not just a 19th Century view of Capitalism..
The leftist/progressives?

I believe they lost out to the liberals in the Democratic primaries

Modern Republicans are fucking delusional and likely mentally ill after reading this thread. Unbelievable.

Forum List

Back