Today...Smashing The Lie That JFK Was or Would Be a Conservative Today

I believe we must allow President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK), to speak for himself:

people say, "Why doesn't the Government mind its own business?" What is the Government's business, is the question.

This bill serves the public interest. It involves the Government because it involves the public welfare. The Constitution of the United States did not make the President or the Congress powerless. It gave them definite responsibilities to advance the general welfare--and that is what we're attempting to do.

And then I read that this bill will sap the individual self-reliance of Americans. I can't imagine anything worse, or anything better, to sap someone's self-reliance, than to be sick, alone, broke--or to have saved for a lifetime and put it out in a week, two weeks, a month, two months.

This argument that the Government should stay out, that it saps our pioneer stock--I used to hear that argument when we were talking about raising the minimum wage to a dollar and a quarter. I remember one day being asked to step out into the hall, and up the corridor came four distinguished-looking men, with straw hats on and canes. They told me that they had just flown in from a State in their private plane, and they wanted me to know that if we passed a bill providing for time and a half for service station attendants, who were then working about 55 to 60 hours of straight time, it would sap their self-reliance.

John F. Kennedy
202 - Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.
May 20, 1962

John F. Kennedy: Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid for by the SAME people they ROBBED their entire lives. We've learned a lot about the LIMITS of what govt can and can't do since then. Those "social experiments" didn't all turn out well at all. And spending MORE money is hardly ever the entire INTELLIGENT thing to do.

If Kennedy saw the extent of the debt and the mismanagement and the Congress leaving legislation up to the bureaucracy -- he'd kick more butt than Trump is ever likely to do..

He was NOT big government. More like a compassionate modern day RINO.... Who you think added Medicare part D?

Medicare was Big Government and maybe a handful of conservatives supported JFK's big government programs

JFK, Bobby and Teddy were all Liberal Lions

I believe we must allow President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK), to speak for himself:

people say, "Why doesn't the Government mind its own business?" What is the Government's business, is the question.

This bill serves the public interest. It involves the Government because it involves the public welfare. The Constitution of the United States did not make the President or the Congress powerless. It gave them definite responsibilities to advance the general welfare--and that is what we're attempting to do.

And then I read that this bill will sap the individual self-reliance of Americans. I can't imagine anything worse, or anything better, to sap someone's self-reliance, than to be sick, alone, broke--or to have saved for a lifetime and put it out in a week, two weeks, a month, two months.

This argument that the Government should stay out, that it saps our pioneer stock--I used to hear that argument when we were talking about raising the minimum wage to a dollar and a quarter. I remember one day being asked to step out into the hall, and up the corridor came four distinguished-looking men, with straw hats on and canes. They told me that they had just flown in from a State in their private plane, and they wanted me to know that if we passed a bill providing for time and a half for service station attendants, who were then working about 55 to 60 hours of straight time, it would sap their self-reliance.

John F. Kennedy
202 - Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.
May 20, 1962

John F. Kennedy: Address at a New York Rally in Support of the President's Program of Medical Care for the Aged.

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid for by the SAME people they ROBBED their entire lives. We've learned a lot about the LIMITS of what govt can and can't do since then. Those "social experiments" didn't all turn out well at all. And spending MORE money is hardly ever the entire INTELLIGENT thing to do.

If Kennedy saw the extent of the debt and the mismanagement and the Congress leaving legislation up to the bureaucracy -- he'd kick more butt than Trump is ever likely to do..

He was NOT big government. More like a compassionate modern day RINO.... Who you think added Medicare part D?

I'd say these words contradict yours

The Dems HUNTED TO EXTINCTION all the Blue Dog Dems in the South. The ones that gave a fig about keeping govt efficient and solvent. Virtually sold them out and abandoned the South so they could mock it. They killed off ANY effectual "moderate" Dems over the last 60 years. Ran Joe Lieberman (their 2000 VP candidate) off after stabbing him in the back for not toeing the line.

JFK wouldn't have a freaking chance in today's Dem Party. And that's the important carry-out fact here.

JFK's greatest personal achievement was saving the lives of his PT boat crew during WW2.
averting WWII Cuban Missile Crisis
The far right has no qualms smeering war heroes. They did it to Kerry, hell Trump did it to McCain a fellow republican. The far right hates the United States as it is and wants to destroy it. Don't let them.

How fucking dare you put god damn Kerry in the same sentence as conservative JFK...

You should be shot on the spot for even suggestion that.

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

Medicare was Big Government and maybe a handful of conservatives supported JFK's big government programs

Conservatives make up their own bullshit reality.

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

I AM a fucking Liberal Lion. But you would not welcome ME in today's Dem Party. I'd be black-balled and shunned. You left tribal warriors are WAAAAAAAY past the Liberal stage...

JFK's greatest personal achievement was saving the lives of his PT boat crew during WW2.
The far right has no qualms smeering war heroes. They did it to Kerry, hell Trump did it to McCain a fellow republican. The far right hates the United States as it is and wants to destroy it. Don't let them.

How fucking dare you put god damn Kerry in the same sentence as conservative JFK...

Aren't you the fucking idiot that called JFK a conservative? Yeah GFY moron.

very liberal ideological view back then sounds identical to very liberal ideological view of today

You fucking moron name me one Democrat or republican today that sounds like JFK...

He would be tossed from both parties ...

JFK was a conservative Democrat...

You don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

Go ahead, ignore the transcripts, ignore the videos.

The fact is JFK was a liberal and would still be one today

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Irony!

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

I AM a fucking Liberal Lion. But you would not welcome ME in today's Dem Party. I'd be black-balled and shunned. You left tribal warriors are WAAAAAAAY past the Liberal stage...

Exactly... These kids are so fucked in the head they thought JFK was a liberal in today's politics.

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid

An old school liberal, truth. And he would be one today. Good job not listening to the moronic propaganda that he was conservative.

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

Really? Lots of liberals in the Democratic party

They beat back Bernie Sanders and the
leftists

:rofl:

I do. JFK was a Democrat, and would be apalled at the far right joke the Republican party is today. Party of Trump, its a joke.

John F. Kennedy
May 20, 1962

Yeah. All that was BEFORE the govt stole $Trills from the pockets of the working poor by spending the SocSec surpluses for 40 years and putting NOTHING of value back into them to keep the Treasury from selling NEW bonds TODAY paid

An old school liberal, truth. And he would be one today. Good job not listening to the moronic propaganda that he was conservative.

These people need to push JFK to the right in order to keep their myths alive

Far too many liberals have become neocons. Far too many liberals have lost their way, because they are motivated by hatred of the left, more than for anything constructive

Forum List

Back