todays democrat would never have voted for jfk

The top tax rate has been cut by almost 60% since JFK took office. What has gotten better? Was our budget balanced? Have the for
When the government mandates and continues to mandate more and more that one group it thinks has too much should be required to do for other group that same government thinks has too little, there is no free society.

Freedom involves choice so you bleeding hearts say on all sorts of other issue. However, when it comes to a choice you don't think people should have, you're not worried about freedom but compliance with mandates.

You want the freedom to be selfish and never have to lift a finger to help your country. You will lose that vote every time.

I want the freedom to do with what's mine (money) just like you want the freedom for someone woman to do with her body (abortion). NO difference.

Interesting how you define selfish as not willing to do with what's MINE the way you think I should. You'll lose that argument every time.

Do you want to outlaw mandatory taxation, or do you want taxation to be decided by a democratically elected representative government of the people?

Taxation as a general concept is not something I oppose. Taxation to fund programs not Constitutionally delegated passed by elected representatives voted on by people who don't pay the very taxes they want raise in order that they get something the rest of us earned is the problem.

Still defining selfish as someone not wanting to do with their money the way you think they should?

War IS Constitutionally delegated. And that's why taxes were so high at the time in the first place. Which was already posted here NINE MONTHS AGO.

Too bad we didn't have a war tax to cover all the Mid East bullshit.

kennedy was the first democrat president after FDR to cut taxes to stimulate the economy. It is a policy shunned by every other democrat that has been elected into office after that. imthink Kennedy would have been considered conservative by today's democrat.
The left is filled with hypocrites as long as they have a D after their names they don't care what the politician does.

kennedy was the first democrat president after FDR to cut taxes to stimulate the economy. It is a policy shunned by every other democrat that has been elected into office after that. imthink Kennedy would have been considered conservative by today's democrat.
JFK cut taxes to 70% for the rich

I could support that rate

I'm sure you would while allowing almost half in the country, the freeloaders, to continue to pay nothing.

If they were paid a living wage they would qualify to pay taxes

I'm sure you would while allowing almost half in the country, the freeloaders, to continue to pay nothing.

Not necessarily. Are you saying that a single mother of two making currently making minimum wage that now receive $15/hr would pay income taxes? If you are, show it. I can show where she still wouldn't pay a dime with an even greater pay increase. Want to challenge it?

JFK wrote an Executive Order to end the Fed and would have been labeled a right winged loon today.

Then he went to Dallas.

Note to self: Don't mess with the Fed.

Not necessarily. Are you saying that a single mother of two making currently making minimum wage that now receive $15/hr would pay income taxes? If you are, show it. I can show where she still wouldn't pay a dime with an even greater pay increase. Want to challenge it?
If you want to raise her pay to the point where she pays taxes, you are welcome to do so......otherwise, quit bitching

If you want to raise her pay to the point where she pays taxes, you are welcome to do so

So you can't show that mother making what you bleeding hearts call a living wage paying income taxes? Didn't think you would accept the challenge. You must know I'm correct.

If you want to raise her pay to the point where she pays taxes, you are welcome to do so

So you can't show that mother making what you bleeding hearts call a living wage paying income taxes? Didn't think you would accept the challenge. You must know I'm correct.

I would rather have her employer pay her than the taxpayer

Wouldn't you?

Wouldn't you?

There's an easy solution. Pay her what her skills are worth and not require the taxpayers to subsidize it when HER lacks of skills is HER fault. That way she gets in return an equivalent to what she offers and those having nothing to do with HER lack of skills aren't expected to offset something for which they had nothing to do with. In the end, it gives you the ability to offer her some of your money since you seem to think she deserves something she didn't earn. You get what you claim you want and get to pay for it, too.

Wouldn't you?

There's an easy solution. Pay her what her skills are worth and not require the taxpayers to subsidize it when HER lacks of skills is HER fault. That way she gets in return an equivalent to what she offers and those having nothing to do with HER lack of skills aren't expected to offset something for which they had nothing to do with. In the end, it gives you the ability to offer her some of your money since you seem to think she deserves something she didn't earn. You get what you claim you want and get to pay for it, too.

Those with low skills used to earn enough to support a family without taxpayers assistance

Employers figured it is easier to make the taxpayer support their employees and keep the extra profit

Wouldn't you?

Those with low skills used to earn enough to support a family without taxpayers assistance

Employers figured it is easier to make the taxpayer support their employees and keep the extra profit

Those with low skills used to not have the attitude that they were supposed to own and do what those with higher skills/income has the finances to do. The low skilled workers started to think that they should have a wage that allowed them to buy what a higher skilled and, thus, a higher paid worker could buy. It was people like you that put that bullshit in their mind with the it's owed to me mentality.

Wouldn't you?

Those with low skills used to not have the attitude that they were supposed to own and do what those with higher skills/income has the finances to do. The low skilled workers started to think that they should have a wage that allowed them to buy what a higher skilled and, thus, a higher paid worker could buy. It was people like you that put that bullshit in their mind with the it's owed to me mentality.
Total bullshit

We are talking 47% of the population. 47% of Americans are NOT lazy freeloaders. They used to be able to earn a wage they could support themselves on

Forum List

Back