Today's "History" channel programing

Yep.. which was well underway 70 years ago at this time...

On June 6th, 2006, the "History" Channel spent all day talking about "666" and the devil and a bunch of such nonsense instead of D-Day.

OK... and they had a bunch of crap on discovery for a whole week about sharks, even when there was a lot going on in the natural world and the world of science...

You should be giving less than a fuck what a privately owned TV network decides for its programing...

You don't see me complaining when they put on shows about serial killers or toddlers in tiaras or whatever else.. that is on them... I have a lot of choices of what to watch and on whatever channel

Again.. more false outrage by you

The rest of the day is WW II.

Yep.. which was well underway 70 years ago at this time... there is a LOT to history.. and it is not just all MLK.. Battle of Bull Run was also today.. I don't see outrage that there is not TV programming on that.. or the founding of St. Augustine.. or Italy declaring war on Germany...

Are you complaining when the news channels are not dedicating everything to it?? Or that the big3 are still showing soap operas and talk shows??

Again.. false outrage

My lord you're such an obvious racist.

Yeah.. the racist in the interracial marriage.. LMAO

The racist who supports true and complete equality in treatment.. LMAO

You sir, are the racist... you are so focused on race it consumes you

50 years to the day after MLK's dream speech, the programming on the "History" Channel is:

Modern Marvels (11 times)
Pawn Stars (6 times)
Only in American with Larry the Cable Guy
Top Shot: All-Stars
Hatfield & McCoys: White Lightnight (2 times)

Way to go guys!

Don't watch.

We used to call it "The Hitler Channel" because of all the WWII documentaries

Now it has sold out to reality TV and is probably making more money

Last edited:

Indeed.. that is what we called it in the past as well.. which was sort of understandable, because of the VAST amounts of footage that we have on WWII as a historical event... now, there is so much filmed on every history subject (Biblical, Egyptian, Roman, US, anthropological, etc) we would not see so much WWII if History Channel actually still concentrated on only historical programming

Even though they did overdo WW2 documentaries, I used to love the History Channel, those documentaries included. I think the first signs of them switching to more reality TV was "Ice Road Truckers", and I even found that show somewhat interesting. Once I realized that was a trend they were pursuing for most of the network, I stopped watching. The last channel I could stand watching on TV, and they ruined it with reality TV.

The rest of the day is WW II.

Yep.. which was well underway 70 years ago at this time... there is a LOT to history.. and it is not just all MLK.. Battle of Bull Run was also today.. I don't see outrage that there is not TV programming on that.. or the founding of St. Augustine.. or Italy declaring war on Germany...

Are you complaining when the news channels are not dedicating everything to it?? Or that the big3 are still showing soap operas and talk shows??

Again.. false outrage

My lord you're such an obvious racist.

Where in anything he wrote is it obvious he's a racist? Seriously? You know, throwing the race card about like you do only diminishes real racism.

You should rethink your position.

I heard it the first time around.

Do you know what the word 'history' means?
Today's events are current...not history. Get a fuckin' grip!

It is being broadcast live on many channels. There's little since in expecting all networks to broadcast it.

On Halloween they always play the "History of Halloween". Then they spend the rest of the day airing shows about vampires and ghosts. Seriously, they can't dedicate a single program to MLK today?

Not any different than any other channel.
What is on TV is a direct reflection of what audiences want.
People today are amazingly shallow and mighty thin thinkers.

Do you know what the word 'history' means?
Today's events are current...not history. Get a fuckin' grip!

It is being broadcast live on many channels. There's little since in expecting all networks to broadcast it.

On Halloween they always play the "History of Halloween". Then they spend the rest of the day airing shows about vampires and ghosts. Seriously, they can't dedicate a single program to MLK today?

As shown.. H2 did

Forum List

Back