Tolerance: a rant

Are you saying you couldn't come up with one funny eating disorder joke?

Nah, I just dont find it funny. .....

Wow, this thing just caused a memory cascade, lol, so many memories come slipping in when you crack the door.

Last edited:

Nah, I just dont find it funny. American women let advertisers tell them what is beautiful, and it is designed to undermine thier confidence so they by coorporate products to make up their lack of beauty, lol, it is fucked up.

This particular young lady was a repeat appearance at a local hospital I worked as a security guard at in the late 80's. She was skinny as a rail and she thought she was obese. They had to give her an IV to get some food into her and kept her sedated for a while because when she would wake up she would tear the IV out and try to leave, then collapse because she had no strength.

At first I thought she was just an idiot, but she was back a week or so later and she looked like she had her skin just stretched over her skeleton...man, you would have had to see it for yourself. She made Death Camp survivors look healthy.

She was back a couple more times, then a couple of weeks went by and one of the nurses told me she had been brought in and died over the weekend, I think it was organ failure.

In this country of so much food and so many fat people like me, we have people deliberately starving themselves to death because their minds are fucked up.

Yeah, I just dont find eating disorders funny so much at all. I guess its different when you see someone who dies from something.

Wow, this thing just caused a memory cascade, lol, so many memories come slipping in when you crack the door.

Well... thanks for bumming out the entire thread, Jim.

So... umm... I just watched The 5th Wave the other day. That movie sucked.

Everyone here getting good weather?

Disney and Marvel are threatening to take their productions out of Georgia, and the NFL is threatening to remove Atlanta from consideration as a future Super Bowl venue if Governor Deal signs the newly passed Religious Freedom bill, because it allows "discriminatory practices." Perhaps they figure that other people can gain rights while also discriminating (oooh big surprise) against people of faith for not upholding values they see as sinful. Discriminating to stop discrimination as it were.

Tolerance.

We all demand it, but we never give it. It would be nice if we lived in a country that allowed controversial viewpoints to receive just as much attention as politically correct ones. It would be great to live in a country which allowed an individual to uphold his or her values in both commerce and in everyday life.

Don't want to bake the cake because the customer is gay? Don't like being discriminated against because of your sexual preferences? Don't like it when someone has an opinion you don't like? Get over it. America would be far less divided if we learned to tolerate each other's views and choices. If you don't get your cake, go find someone else to make one for you. But if you're the baker, think long and hard before saying no.

If someone has an opinion you don't like, accept that reality and move on. Nobody has to be just like you. If someone has their faith to uphold, accept that reality and move on. You don't get to force your values on others. The tolerance road runs both ways. I was in church earlier, and we were discussing on different ways to turn the other cheek. Too many willing to deal the backhand and not many willing to take it. Tolerance isn't unique to one person or another, it's capable of being exercised by everyone. However, if you have no tolerance of someone's beliefs or choices to the point where you are driven to use our legal system to purge them from our society, you in turn deserve no tolerance.

Tolerance of bad behaviour allies you with the bad behaviour.

Nah, I just dont find it funny. American women let advertisers tell them what is beautiful, and it is designed to undermine thier confidence so they by coorporate products to make up their lack of beauty, lol, it is fucked up.

This particular young lady was a repeat appearance at a local hospital I worked as a security guard at in the late 80's. She was skinny as a rail and she thought she was obese. They had to give her an IV to get some food into her and kept her sedated for a while because when she would wake up she would tear the IV out and try to leave, then collapse because she had no strength.

At first I thought she was just an idiot, but she was back a week or so later and she looked like she had her skin just stretched over her skeleton...man, you would have had to see it for yourself. She made Death Camp survivors look healthy.

She was back a couple more times, then a couple of weeks went by and one of the nurses told me she had been brought in and died over the weekend, I think it was organ failure.

In this country of so much food and so many fat people like me, we have people deliberately starving themselves to death because their minds are fucked up.

Yeah, I just dont find eating disorders funny so much at all. I guess its different when you see someone who dies from something.

Dude, I'm sorry. Didnt mean to derail the thread.

I just got to reminiscing as I tried to explain myself and got too deep into it.

It's an old Fogey thing I guess.

My apologies.

I'll remove it.

Disney and Marvel are threatening to take their productions out of Georgia, and the NFL is threatening to remove Atlanta from consideration as a future Super Bowl venue if Governor Deal signs the newly passed Religious Freedom bill, because it allows "discriminatory practices." Perhaps they figure that other people can gain rights while also discriminating (oooh big surprise) against people of faith for not upholding values they see as sinful. Discriminating to stop discrimination as it were.

Tolerance.

We all demand it, but we never give it. It would be nice if we lived in a country that allowed controversial viewpoints to receive just as much attention as politically correct ones. It would be great to live in a country which allowed an individual to uphold his or her values in both commerce and in everyday life.

Don't want to bake the cake because the customer is gay? Don't like being discriminated against because of your sexual preferences? Don't like it when someone has an opinion you don't like? Get over it. America would be far less divided if we learned to tolerate each other's views and choices. If you don't get your cake, go find someone else to make one for you. But if you're the baker, think long and hard before saying no.

If someone has an opinion you don't like, accept that reality and move on. Nobody has to be just like you. If someone has their faith to uphold, accept that reality and move on. You don't get to force your values on others. The tolerance road runs both ways. I was in church earlier, and we were discussing on different ways to turn the other cheek. Too many willing to deal the backhand and not many willing to take it. Tolerance isn't unique to one person or another, it's capable of being exercised by everyone. However, if you have no tolerance of someone's beliefs or choices to the point where you are driven to use our legal system to purge them from our society, you in turn deserve no tolerance.

Tolerance of bad behaviour allies you with the bad behaviour.

No, it does not.

Just because I tolerate old hippies that get high and eat their boogers for a laugh does not ally me with that behavior.

lol

I just got to reminiscing as I tried to explain myself and got too deep into it.

My apologies.

I'll remove it.

Don't remove it. It added to the thread. :)

My apologies.

I'll remove it.

Don't remove it. It added to the thread. :)
OK, well I already did.

We need a confused icon.

Shit. This again?

Tolerating intolerance is not what is meant when we demand tolerance.

You have to know this by now. You've been down this road a dozen times and never reached your destination. When will you learn?
Tolerance includes tolerating "intolerance" you nitwit. Furthermore, none of you angry, violent, immature progressives are protesting "intolerance". You're protesting losing. You're rioting over the fact that the American people unilaterally reject your bat-shit crazy ideology.

Forum List

Back