Tom Hanks Thinks He Couldn't Play A Gay Man Now Because He's Not Gay

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Being Woke is making Hollywood go down the road of insanity.

You have to stay in your lane.
You have to be Hispanic to play a Hispanic.
You have to be Gay to play a homosexual.
You cannot be something that you are not.

Excuse me....I thought that was what acting meant. I thought it meant being something you are not. Playing a part used to be what acting was. Your ability to change your character. Now you're not allowed to be Latin unless you're actually Latin. Tom Hanks claims he can't play the part that won him an Oscar because he's not gay.

Can't men be women and women be men? And I guess that means "Will and Grace" needs to be panned now, since Eric Mccormack isn't gay.

Excuse me....I thought that was what acting meant. I thought it meant being something you are not. Playing a part used to be what acting was. Your ability to change your character. Now you're not allowed to be Latin unless you're actually Latin. Tom Hanks claims he can't play the part that won him an Oscar because he's not gay.

I agree. The whole point of acting is to make the audience suspend their disbelief and actually believe the actor IS the character. That's why they get typecast and have a hard time branching out into different roles once they're successful playing one.

Nobody HAS to do anything. But when LGBTQ issues are at the forefront of conversation and minority groups like that are underrepresented, Hanks is simply stating his opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Hanks played a developmentally disabled individual in Forest Gump, so I guess that was ok?
But not now. Weirdos do require now that only weirdos play perversion people. And I suppose brain-damaged or retarded persons have to play their counterparts! I remember when Harrison Ford played a brain-injured man in a movie; it was interesting. The character gradually recovered, but it changed his life. And now actors are gracefully giving up roles, knowing that if they persevere, they'll be blackballed and cancelled forever.

So of course then the movie can't be made.

Nobody HAS to do anything. But when LGBTQ issues are at the forefront of conversation and minority groups like that are underrepresented, Hanks is simply stating his opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

No, he's being pressured into that opinion.

I think he's just trying to assure that the woke left doesn't come after him.
Nobody wants the FBI raiding your house...or a bunch of assholes protesting outside your home.

Forum List

Back