Tom Petty estate slams Kari Lake use of I Won't Back Down: "shocked that it's stolen, used without permission", will sue for promoting failed campaign

{In a Tweet posted late Thursday Nov. 17, the official Tom Petty account shared, "The Tom Petty Estate and our partners were shocked to find out that Tom's song 'I Won't Back Down' was stolen and used without permission or a license to promote Kari Lake's failed campaign."}

So your claim that the Lake campaign didn't pay royalties is a lie?

I'm shocked - SHOCKED I TELLS YA....
Tom's song 'I Won't Back Down' was stolen and used without permission or a license to promote Kari Lake's failed campaign."}

Tom Petty’s estate is looking into suing MAGA anti-democracy grifter Kari Lake for hijacking his music “to promote her failed campaign”

Fh0ONB0VEAAoBU-
If she bought the record she can play anytime and anywhere she wants

Tom's song 'I Won't Back Down' was stolen and used without permission or a license to promote Kari Lake's failed campaign."}

As noted, buying the MP3 provides license.

Wokesters throwing a tantrum in no way supports the claim that royalties were withheld.

NO modern campaign would do so. No more than they'd fail to pay rent.

You leftists are a sniveling joke.

So you pretty sure the wokesters in the OP will win their suit?

SPOILER ALERT - they'll never even file a suit. It's just blowing smoke in the press.
Pretty sure you have no more clue than I do as to whom exactly you just accused of being "wokesters in the OP" -- basquebromance?

But thanks for bringing up the OP. I had only glanced at it prior.
As Lake continues to fight the results that declared her the loser and deny the election process, her team placed the song into a commercial insinuating she's not done yet. And that drew the ire of Petty's team.

Read More: Tom Petty Estate Blasts Trump-Endorsed Candidate For Song Use | Tom Petty Estate Blasts Trump-Endorsed Candidate For Illegal Use of ‘I Won’t Back Down’
Even more reason to sue. And, judging by that blurb automatically inserted from just my cutting and pasting of the first bit,..
They do mean business!

Also, as mentioned earlier, Your Obliviousness, Wixen Publishing has already filed a related lawsuit against Spotify and won a settlement. They certainly aren't just playing silly games here like you.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you have no more clue than I do as to whom exactly you just accused of being "wokesters in the OP" -- basquebromance?

Even more reason to sue. And, judging by that blurb automatically inserted from just my cutting and pasting of the first bit,..
They do mean business!

Also, as mentioned earlier, Your Obliviousness, Wixen Publishing has already filed a related lawsuit against Spotify and won a settlement. They certainly aren't just playing silly games here like you.
Wixen Music Publishing does not fuck around

They do mean business!

Nice dodge.

You pretty sure the wokesters will win their suit?

Got a case number?

:rofl:

You cannot quote from his book without permission. I am a songwriter and book writer and have works published and know it works.

That's false.

You clearly don't know how it works.

"Hope -- Hope in the face of difficulty. Hope in the face of uncertainty. The audacity of hope! In the end, that is God’s greatest gift to us...A belief in things not seen. A belief that there are better days ahead." - from "Audacity of Hope" - ghostwritten for Barrack Obama.

Go ahead and sue me moron - Barry didn't give me permission.

Forum List

Back