Tom Petty estate slams Kari Lake use of I Won't Back Down: "shocked that it's stolen, used without permission", will sue for promoting failed campaign

Net worth is the value of the assets a person owns, minus the liabilities they owe.
Seriously, they appear to be getting dumber by the minute. I always thought Petty hid his political leanings well. These reactionary idiots probably all scream his lyrics out loud when played on their car radios. This story though,.. whoa, look out, Keri Lake was at stake!

Seriously, they appear to be getting dumber by the minute. I always thought Petty hid his political leanings well. These reactionary idiots probably all scream his lyrics out loud when played on their car radios. This story though,.. whoa, look out, Keri Lake was at stake!
They do! This thread is providing an insight into how they think. I provide information from the government stating how copyright works and they still refuse to believe it.

Yep, once expired. On January 1st of this year, for example, many published, copyrighted works from 1926 entered the public domain for the first time!

See my thumb? JFC you are dumb!

If it were up to me, there would be no "intellectual property." There would be no "public domain" licenses. No "copyright" protections. Being an eternal optimist, I look forward to such a day. But I'm also a realist. Being a nation of laws means people can't just do whatever they fucking please just because they feel like it really bad!

All of which is utterly irrelevant to the fact that Lake can use whatever she wants, provided she pays the statutory royalties.

The idiocy of you Nazis thinking that artists can decide who listens to or plays their songs is as childish as it is funny.

Screw Petty's greedy estate. Its a common phrase, not a reference to Petty's song.

Hell, maybe I ought to trademark the word 'THE' ... or 'GTFO' and demand anyone who uses either pay me.

:rolleyes:

Tom petty was an unapologetic Confederate

They burned down our corn fields
And left our cities level
I was born a Rebel

Curious, if petty klan had sued a Dem, do you think the media would notice that song and call the petty klan racist?

All of which is utterly irrelevant to the fact that Lake can use whatever she wants, provided she pays the statutory royalties.

The idiocy of you Nazis thinking that artists can decide who listens to or plays their songs is as childish as it is funny.
You certainly appear oblivious, and proudly so. Congratulations.

Tom Petty would have actively campaigned against the anti-democratic loon Kari Lake.

Too bad the MAGA losers don't understand this.

We descendants of the "blue blooded devils" do quite clearly.

Petty klan still mad about losing their slaves....

George Harrison's estate denounced the use of the Harrison-written Beatles song "Here Comes the Sun" after the Trump campaign used the song to introduce Ivanka Trump at the 2016 Republican National Convention.[6] The estate noted that Trump did not have permission to use this song, but that they would consider allowing him to use the Harrison song "Beware of Darkness".​

Heh. :D

You do know that songs are copywritten, right?

And?

Did you know that books are copywritten?

So can Stephen King declare I can't read his books (not that he written anything worth reading since The Stand)?

Why, or why not?

It's stealing. It's a crime punishable by a fine of anywhere from $200 to $150,000.
:rofl:

You're so full of shit.

If I buy a song - mp3, CD, whatever - I have the license to play it. I don't need permission from anyone.

If I play the song at a public event or across a broadcast, then I must pay statutory royalties.

If I perform that song and get paid, without licensing from the owner, I could be sued.

If I put up a website to "share" the song, I could go to jail and be sued.

This is as simple as I can make if for you.

{In a Tweet posted late Thursday Nov. 17, the official Tom Petty account shared, "The Tom Petty Estate and our partners were shocked to find out that Tom's song 'I Won't Back Down' was stolen and used without permission or a license to promote Kari Lake's failed campaign."}

So your claim that the Lake campaign didn't pay royalties is a lie?

I'm shocked - SHOCKED I TELLS YA....

Forum List

Back