Tom Petty estate slams Kari Lake use of I Won't Back Down: "shocked that it's stolen, used without permission", will sue for promoting failed campaign

The problem you are having understanding the issue is that you are a stupid confused uneducated Moon Bat that hates Keri Lake that clearly has moral clarity and has been exposing the stupidity and dishonesty of the goddamn Democrats and you don't like it.

You have a distorted view of reality because you have a mental illness, probably caused by TDS, TDS is a serious mental illness that has affected you Moon Bat's capacity to understand basic reality.
Ah, such a shame that plastic, teleprompter reading, billionaire sponsored she-bot :eek2yum: made you so incredibly horny,.. then went and lost, :shutupsmiley: reducing you to this boiling bucket of piss. :206:

Sad. But look on the bright side :disbelief:. You can still masturbate :rock: (privately!):www_MyEmoticons_com__shush: to her published images without permission and know you never really had any shot with her anyway. :itsok:

I've studied copyright law for many years. You are way out of your league.
You can't break laws without consequences just because you disagree with them.

You haven't studied jackshit.

If a HS marching band plays one of Petty's songs at half time to entertain the fans then it is not a copyright violation. They pay Petty when they buy the sheet music.

The same thing for using the music at a political rally. It is not being used to make money, only to entertain the rally crowd and Petty gets compensation when the political organizers buys the music.

The only reason it is an issue is because that piece of shit Moon Bat Petty is making it a political issue.

You haven't studied jackshit.
You have no idea what I have done or haven't done.

If a HS marching band plays one of Petty's songs at half time to entertain the fans then it is not a copyright violation. They pay Petty when they buy the sheet music.
Right. They pay to play the song.

The same thing for using the music at a political rally. It is not being used to make money, only to entertain the rally crowd and Petty gets compensation when the political organizers buys the music.
Nope.
The only reason it is an issue is because that piece of shit Moon Bat Petty is making it a political issue.
Tom Petty is doing nothing of the kind. He's dead.

Tom Petty’s estate is looking into suing MAGA anti-democracy grifter Kari Lake for hijacking his music “to promote her failed campaign”

Fh0ONB0VEAAoBU-
If the lake camp pays ascap / bmi n has a license, nothing they can do.

I remember when McCain and the GOP used Running On Empty in an Obama attack ad. Jackson Browne won the lawsuit.
McCain's objection was based on 'fair use' doctrine in which copyrighted material used in a political campaign is not barred, however, the court declined to to analyze 'fair use' because of 'insufficient facts.' The decision didn't really have anything to do with copyright law, it had more to do with Jackson Brown claiming to be politically misrepresented. I suppose Petty could try to use the same precedent.

The Fair Use doctrine is not what you think. It's quite complicated. If it doesn't meet the criteria, you would still need approval of the copyright holder.
Sounds like the court will have to figure it out.

McCain's objection was based on 'fair use' doctrine in which copyrighted material used in a political campaign is not barred, however, the court declined to to analyze 'fair use' because of 'insufficient facts.' The decision didn't really have anything to do with copyright law, it had more to do with Jackson Brown claiming to be politically misrepresented. I suppose Petty could try to use the same precedent.
Sure, sure it was..
In August, Browne sued McCain, the Ohio Republican Party and the Republican National Committee for copyright infringement, false endorsement and violating his right of publicity after his 1977 hit “Running on Empty” was used without permission in a McCain campaign ad that aired on TV and the Internet.

You have no idea what I have done or haven't done.

Right. They pay to play the song.

Nope.

Tom Petty is doing nothing of the kind. He's dead.

You are a dumb shit.

The Fair Use doctrine allows for someone to play that music for non profit purposes.

Also, when you buy music you buy it it under the license of the distributor, which most of the time allows for use in non profit situations.

When I said Petty I wasn't refering to him personally because he is dead but to the dumbshits heirs that are bitching about Keri Lake using the music.

Forum List

Back