Too much testing makes the US look bad...

maybe someday we can test all lawmakers who show signs of lacking intelligence? like testing Maxine Brown to see what percent of her brain is missing?

Why is it that every time we post proof positive that Donald Trump is cluelessly incompetent and that people are dying as a result, the propaganda brigade tries to derail the thread with off topic bullshit.

Testing is a way to take healthy people into medical care custody so they can be questioned.

You’re drunk again.

Trump cultists are losing what passes for their minds. As Trump becomes increasingly deranged they’re posting stupid comments like this.
You never post proof. You post bullshit and hysteria.

That is the reason republicans oppose testing. They’d rather have people die than make the blob look bad

Lol. Extrapolating the numbers, there are probably about 20 million infected with, 60-80 percent asymptomatic. This drives the mortality rate even lower so be careful what you're begging for.
I kind of like the mortality rate dropping. Some place being much more hot spot problem than others, I favor state and local governments using their best judgment as they work toward opening back up. Makes sense.

That is the reason republicans oppose testing. They’d rather have people die than make the blob look bad

Lol. Extrapolating the numbers, there are probably about 20 million infected with, 60-80 percent asymptomatic. This drives the mortality rate even lower so be careful what you're begging for.

The mortality rate isn't something known until it's all over. As for the rest of the post, "probably 20 million" sounds like a random shot in the dark, there are certainly more than we know of but the salient point here is that those asymptomatics, which can account for half the positive tests, as long as they're unidentified as carriers, continue to spread the virus to others wherever they go, and as long as that goes on we continue to allow the virus new hosts to infect. We are in effect Sisyphus pushing the rock uphill.

That's exactly why testing is so crucial, so that those asymptomatic carriers can be identified and then quarantined. That's how Iceland and South Korea and Taiwan and the other places that have flattened their curve, did it.

You're stating the obvious though. We do know the number of infected is way higher which will drive down the mortality rate. The question is how do you administer a test to 370 million people?

You CAN'T drive down the mortality rate. That's going to be wherever it settles. You CAN drive down the infection rate, which is why we have so much locked down. But until you identify those silent carriers, you can't stop it.

Yeah, that was the wrong choice of words but mathematically if the infection numbers are higher and your proportionate death rate stays the same, your mortality rate will be lower. The problem though is some countries aren't locking down ie sweden and their rates are lower.

Their rates of what?

Sweden has indeed taken restrictive measures, whether you want to call them a "lockdown" or not.

No, sweden doesn't have anywhere near the restrictions that the US has. Yeah, they have some but nothing of note. They didnt shut their economy down. Shutting down an economy is completely asinine, especially with a mild virus such as this.

I kind of like the mortality rate dropping. Some place being much more hot spot problem than others, I favor state and local governments using their best judgment as they work toward opening back up. Makes sense.

Fair nuff, but why cock-block the 17 page CDC report that would have given idiot governors like Abbott, Kemp, Reynolds and DeSantis some detailed guidance as to best practices? Because I don't think these Trumptards are particularly versed in "best judgement" with regard to science and medicine.

Spare us your best judgement vitriol as blue states lead the way with infections and deaths.

"Blue states" do not exist. "Red states" do not exist. The only time they germinate as such at all is when the Electoral College meets. That body is not involved here.

Yes, they do and we're seeing authoritarian tin pot governors running roughshod over the populace. Its appalling.

Fair nuff, but why cock-block the 17 page CDC report that would have given idiot governors like Abbott, Kemp, Reynolds and DeSantis some detailed guidance as to best practices? Because I don't think these Trumptards are particularly versed in "best judgement" with regard to science and medicine.

Spare us your best judgement vitriol as blue states lead the way with infections and deaths.

"Blue states" do not exist. "Red states" do not exist. The only time they germinate as such at all is when the Electoral College meets. That body is not involved here.

Yes, they do and we're seeing authoritarian tin pot governors running roughshod over the populace. Its appalling.
Got it. People should be allowed across entire country to chance sickness and death for their personal desires for individual freedom, even if they take some of their neighbors with them who aren't ready to go. Cannot say I agree, but understand your point. Still think reopening should be handled at lower level than re-open directives from the Furor.

Got it. People should be allowed across entire country to chance sickness and death for their personal desires for individual freedom, even if they take some of their neighbors with them who aren't ready to go. Cannot say I agree, but understand your point. Still think reopening should be handled at lower level than re-open directives from the Furor.

No, people should be able to make their own choices without govt intervention. If a business doesn't want to open thats fine. If a person doesn't want to frequent a business thats fine. Just leave our worthless govt out of it. They've brought us never ending wars, massive debt, social engineering, etc. Now, they're even worthless on the state and local levels. Why trust that garbage. Its insane.

No, people should be able to make their own choices without govt intervention. If a business doesn't want to open thats fine. If a person doesn't want to frequent a business thats fine. Just leave our worthless govt out of it. They've brought us never ending wars, massive debt, social engineering, etc. Now, they're even worthless on the state and local levels. Why trust that garbage. Its insane.
People trust their Governors more, because none were elected with the president's poor record for truthfulness and judgement even before elected to office out of short term desire for party gains and power. When the chips might be down, people want to be led by somebody they can trust. Character counts, whether trump supporters believe it or not. When it comes to trust accounts of the public, trump bankrupted himself long ago.

I can't "take someone with me" without them exposing themselves, moron.

Otherwise, yes, that's what freedom means: making your own decisions.

People trust their Governors more, because none were elected with the president's poor record for truthfulness and judgement even before elected to office out of short term desire for party gains and power. When the chips might be down, people want to be led by somebody they can trust. Character counts, whether trump supporters believe it or not. When it comes to trust accounts of the public, trump bankrupted himself long ago.
Utter horseshit, of course.

Why do liberals hate freedom?

Too much testing is a bad thing. Certain people (liberals) will freak out if testing shows an increase in the number of patients. They will use those statistics to argue we should close the economy again. Because of this limiting the number of tests is the smart thing to do.

Forum List

Back