Toomey Won't Run for U.S. Senate Again, Source Says

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania will not seek re-election in 2022, according to a person with direct knowledge of Toomey's plans.

Also, Toomey will not run for governor in 2022, when the seat becomes open, said the person, who did not want to be named divulging information from private conversations before Toomey announces it publicly.

I'd like to say I wonder why but the reality is that there are about 3 plausable reasons:

1-it comes right as or before breaking news on something like an affair or an arrest is imminent.
2-one more in the revolving door
3-can't get a damn thing done because people are crazy.

Maybe Senator Toomey has personal or health problems he needs to deal with? Maybe he has other opportunity? Maybe he's ready to retire? Or lastly, maybe he has he eyes set on the 2024 Presidential Election?

It`s possible that he may be moving into a more lucrative line of work. He was hooked up with the Club For Growth (greed) before he was a politician. It was the Koch brothers who funded his first campaign.

It`s possible that he may be moving into a more lucrative line of work. He was hooked up with the Club For Growth (greed) before he was a politician. It was the Koch brothers who funded his first campaign.

Mr. Toomey will have served 2 full terms in Washington, dozen years. Why the resistance to politicians deciding to move on, when there is always a call for term limits as well?

Maybe Senator Toomey has personal or health problems he needs to deal with? Maybe he has other opportunity? Maybe he's ready to retire? Or lastly, maybe he has he eyes set on the 2024 Presidential Election?
I think he's tired of the Bull shit.
This is how Communists take over government.
They get their foot in the door.....then they start acting like assholes chasing out all of the decent people.....then they screw up the city, state, or political party they control.

Good riddance to that leftist trash.
There`s not a Republican in Pa. at this time that has a chance of getting that seat and it`s going to get worse for you. Toomey is trash that violated his oath when he gave trump a pass on his extortion attempt in Ukraine. Traitors retiring is a good thing.

Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania will not seek re-election in 2022, according to a person with direct knowledge of Toomey's plans.

Also, Toomey will not run for governor in 2022, when the seat becomes open, said the person, who did not want to be named divulging information from private conversations before Toomey announces it publicly.

I'd like to say I wonder why but the reality is that there are about 3 plausable reasons:

1-it comes right as or before breaking news on something like an affair or an arrest is imminent.

4-NBC made it all up. Unnamed Sources say Obama raped a 4 year old boy.

There`s not a Republican in Pa. at this time that has a chance of getting that seat and it`s going to get worse for you. Toomey is trash that violated his oath when he gave trump a pass on his extortion attempt in Ukraine. Traitors retiring is a good thing.

Nothing in the Articles of Impeachment alleging "Extortion" at all, AW. The House Managers presented a case for "obstruction of Congress" and "abuse of power", neither of which is a crime much less a high crime.

Further, they had no evidence, no relevant witnesses, just a lot of argument and opinion.

Yeah. The revolving door.

Probably a combination of #3 and the fact he sees the writing on the wall. He beat Katie McGinty by a small margin in 2016. Demographics are shifting away from his party and he probably knows that 2022 isn't going to be any better of a year for Republicans than this year is. No matter which way the Presidential election swings. It's bad for him either way.

Probably a combination of #3 and the fact he sees the writing on the wall. He beat Katie McGinty by a small margin in 2016. Demographics are shifting away from his party and he probably knows that 2022 isn't going to be any better of a year for Republicans than this year is. No matter which way the Presidential election swings. It's bad for him either way.

I love how you Communists make shit up and then talk about it as if it's established facts.

"Unnamed Sources" isn't journalism, it's rumor mongering.

Nothing in the Articles of Impeachment alleging "Extortion" at all, AW. The House Managers presented a case for "obstruction of Congress" and "abuse of power", neither of which is a crime much less a high crime.

Further, they had no evidence, no relevant witnesses, just a lot of argument and opinion.
FYI

A High crime is a crime or abuse, committed by a high elected official or official that takes an oath, it has nothing to do with the degree of the crime or abuse itself.

Common Law, at the time of the writing of the Constitution.

"High," in the legal and common parlance of the 17th and 18th centuries of "high crimes," is activity by or against those who have special duties acquired by taking an oath of office that are not shared with common persons.

USA definition

What is the definition of high crime?
Legal Definition of high crime. : a crime of infamous nature contrary to public morality but not technically constituting a felony specifically : an offense that the U.S. Senate deems to constitute an adequate ground for removal of the president, vice president, or any civil officer as a person unfit to hold public office and deserving of impeachment.

I love how you Communists make shit up and then talk about it as if it's established facts.

Since it isn't in the news, I'm not commenting on if it has any veracity or not. I'm just commenting on the reasons that might be behind it assuming it's accurate. Republicans are going to have a tough slog over the next decade.

(I live in PA and Toomey is one of my Senators)

Toomey has been an excellent Senator who is not afraid to go against the President when the President has been wrong.

He is intelligent, hard-working, and has integrity. 12 years is more than enough. I only regret that he has apparently decided not to run for Governor. He would be a great candidate and a great governor.

Since it isn't in the news, I'm not commenting on if it has any veracity or not. I'm just commenting on the reasons that might be behind it assuming it's accurate. Republicans are going to have a tough slog over the next decade.

NBC, the least trusted name in news, reported based on "unnamed sources."

Like they do with everything.

FYI

A High crime is a crime or abuse, committed by a high elected official or official that takes an oath, it has nothing to do with the degree of the crime or abuse itself.

Common Law, at the time of the writing of the Constitution.

"High," in the legal and common parlance of the 17th and 18th centuries of "high crimes," is activity by or against those who have special duties acquired by taking an oath of office that are not shared with common persons.

USA definition

What is the definition of high crime?
Legal Definition of high crime. : a crime of infamous nature contrary to public morality but not technically constituting a felony specifically : an offense that the U.S. Senate deems to constitute an adequate ground for removal of the president, vice president, or any civil officer as a person unfit to hold public office and deserving of impeachment.

So your meat puppet faggot messiah should have been removed from office for:

Fast and Furious...

Benghazi....

The total disappearance of billions of "stimulus" dollars...

Obozocare and the wipeout of millions of plans the meat puppet claimed people could keep...

Spying on journalists like James Rosen...

The IRS Scandal....

Giving Iran billions of dollars in cash for a bullshit treaty...

Need I go on?

NBC, the least trusted name in news, reported based on "unnamed sources."

Like they do with everything.

Keeping a lying piece of shit like Brian Williams on their payroll and editing the 911 call by George Zimmerman should have destroyed any credibility that shitbag corporation had, but then again mindless libturds aren't sentient beings to begin with. They're drones.

Forum List

Back