Top tax rates were at 70% when Microsoft and Apple were founded

look at the after tax income for the upper 1%

None of your charts showed that.

Look again (the right chart, the one titled "Change in share of income after taxes"):

mjinequality.jpg

Change in share of income after taxes

Is not the same as after tax income. Durrrr.

I bet the chart on the right excludes Transfer Payments, bub.

The chart shows incomes of the top 1% rising much faster than the top 20%. How many transfers do you think the top 20% receive?

The top 20% starts at a bit over $90K. How many of these people receive SS and Medicare? Under Obamacare, families at 4X the poverty level will include the bottom level of the top 20%.

And then what -- the huge transfers under Obamacare would make everyone equal?

LOL, you should really stop questioning the other people intelligence, you can't imagine how ironic that is.

The chart shows incomes of the top 1% rising much faster than the top 20%. How many transfers do you think the top 20% receive?

The top 20% starts at a bit over $90K. How many of these people receive SS and Medicare? Under Obamacare, families at 4X the poverty level will include the bottom level of the top 20%.

And then what -- the huge transfers under Obamacare would make everyone equal?

LOL, you should really stop questioning the other people intelligence, you can't imagine how ironic that is.

Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking. I never said transfer payments make everyone equal, you semi-functional illiterate.

Look again (the right chart, the one titled "Change in share of income after taxes"):

mjinequality.jpg

Change in share of income after taxes

Is not the same as after tax income. Durrrr.

The outcome is the same -- the rich are getting an ever bigger share of the pie both before and after taxes.

Oh Nooooeeesssss!!!!! Some people are making money.

How horrible.

Now, riddle me this. Are the exact same people in each percentile over the years?

It's hardly surprising that you are a static pie kinda guy.

Stop writing rubbish, I said plainly many times that the pie is not static, but growing.

If it's growing, then why waste your time on relative share, bub?

Because it is unfair that the rich incomes grow many times faster than those of the rest. They are not working harder, they get rewarded because our economy changes.

Stop writing rubbish, I said plainly many times that the pie is not static, but growing.

Because it is unfair that the rich incomes grow many times faster than those of the rest. They are not working harder, they get rewarded because our economy changes.

Really? Where is your proof that the top 20%, 10%, 1% etc aren't working harder?

Now, riddle me this. Are the exact same people in each percentile over the years?

No, but it's a pretty sure bet that those starting with higher income at the start of their careers would be getting even bigger share as they get older. Most people never get to the top 20%

Really? Where is your proof that the top 20%, 10%, 1% etc aren't working harder?

There is absolutely no evidence of that. Why would you think that the top earners were slacking off 10 years ago, and even more so before that?

Last edited:

No, but it's a pretty sure bet that those starting with higher income at the start of their careers would be getting even bigger share as they get older. Most people never get to the top 20%

No it's not. You are just making ignorant assumptions.

Many successful people started with nothing, and made something of themselves.

How many? 1%?

What is it about Freedom that makes you want to destroy it in favor of Equality?

How many? 1%?

You're the one making the wild accusations. Find some proof to back up your claims.

I suspect that for the most part a great many of the top 20% do work harder, got the education/training, started businesses or worked their way up the ladder. It's true some guys are born with a silver spoon, but it's wrong to demonize everyone who earns his/her way over some who didn't.

What is it about Freedom that makes you want to destroy it in favor of Equality?

Taxes do not destroy Freedom. And since most people had to stay within two income quantiles for all their life, growing inequality is unfair to them.

I suspect that for the most part a great many of the top 20% do work harder

She is claiming that the top 1% are working many times harder now that the top 1% was working 20 years ago.

Taxes do not destroy Freedom. And since most people had to stay within two income quantiles for all their life, growing inequality is unfair to them.

What a bunch of nonsensical pablum.

First, taxing somebody does inhibit his freedom. Medieval serfs paid only 30% of their production in "taxes". As a whole, we pay over 40% for all levels of government. When people spend months each year working just to pay the tax bill, that is Not Freedom.

Your other point about people being within two income quartiles being "unfair" is just redistributive looter propaganda.

How many? 1%?

You're the one making the wild accusations. Find some proof to back up your claims.

No, it is you the one making a fantastic suggestion that most people start poor but are getting six figure pay-checks by the end of their careers. Everyone knows that this is not true.

Forum List

Back