Tot shoots dad

Hawk -

There is a lot I agree with in your post.

I don't think prisons work anywhere in the world. However, I'm not sure if there is a better solution available. Until someone thinks of a way of reinventing prisons, I guess we have to live with them.

I also agree that guns do not cause the murder rate - however, they do enable murderers to commit murder.

In much the same way that not many 14-year-olds have car accidents because civilised socities do not allow them to drive, so keeping assault weapons out of the hands of young men stops them from doing something stupid.

No one is suggesting that banning guns would reduce the murder rate to zero - but it would cut it by perhaps 1/4 (based on reductions elsewhere) within a decade.

To my mind, anything that saves a couple of thousand American lives every year ought to be worth trying.

Prisons work fine, as long as they keep criminals locked up. They only "fail" when we set prisoners free because we start feeling sorry for them.

Hawk -

I don't think prisons work because it seems an eighteen-year-old goes in for stealing a car, and comes out with gang tattoos and ready to commit murder.

Prisons should discourage people from a life of crime, but instead they seem to train them to do worse.

Tot shoots dad in butt near Tucson

Good thing the kid had the gun.

If this dumb dad had it, he would have shot his son.

We don't need a ban on guns but we would all be a lot safer if there was a ban on the idiots who own them.

Criminals are the only people who want law abiding citizens disarmed. So how many homes have you broke into this year?

We don't need a ban on guns but we would all be a lot safer if there was a ban on the idiots who own them.

Expound on this. How would you go about banning idiots?

House to house searches. Round them up, put them on a bus, and ship them off to concentration camps. Each inmate in the camp would be issued his/her own weapon and they can shoot each other up at will.

George Zimmerman would be first on the bus: 1 irresponsible idiot=1 gun. The guy in the other thread who pulled a gun on a smoking woman would be second. Each irresponsible idiotic gun nut=1 gun. Ship them off to a camp in the wilderness of upstate Alaska. Let them blow each other away one by one.

Put all the gangsters and criminals with guns in the same camp. Put ITV cameras everywhere (bullet proof of course), and broadcast the fun on cable TV. It would be the most popular reality TV program ever.

Last edited:
Pauli -

Your option sees around 11,000 Americans die every year.

The OPs option would reduce that by around 1/4, possibly more.

So which option sounds more fascist to you?

The child was not injured during the incident, Louis said. (this is the stupidest statement of the entire story, how the hell could the kid be hurt ?)

No information was released about how the child got a hold of the rifle.
the boy did not get ahold of the rifle, it was laying on the bench UNLOADED.., after shooting their targets, the man opened the bolt of the single shot rifle left it laying on the bench, walked down range to retrieve the targets, the little boy observed Dad loading the rifle and emulated what Dad did, kinda like "monkey see, monkey do", then squeezed the trigger, yaa Dad got the bullet in the butt, luckily the kid did NOT aim the rifle.

this scenario sounds familiar, i am going to call my neighbor and ask him if that was his Son and Grandson, if it is, that little 3 y.o. is a very intelligent young man and will soon be 4 y.o., he talks and acts more like a 10 y.o. !! :up:

a side note: the writer of this story should still be in high school writing about 6th grade happenings, she is a liberal and almost as intelligent as a cucumber. :up: :lmao:

Pauli -

Your option sees around 11,000 Americans die every year.

The OPs option would reduce that by around 1/4, possibly more.

So which option sounds more fascist to you?

Disarming innocent law-abiding civilians is fascist, no matter how much you try to spin it.

We Americans will always have our guns, so get over it. If you don't like it don't come to our country.

I want to make sure that I have this right. Did I read on here that our high gun murder rate was due to illegal Hispanic immigrants?

I really think that somebody actually posted that, but I want to be sure. The last time I read anything that absurd, I fell right off the floor, and I want to make sure that I don't hurt myself diue to a simple reading error....

i live in an area that is probably 70% illegals many who have been here pretty long.....we had one shooting death in the last 10 years.....and it was a ganger from LA who was running from the LA cops and he ended up in this area were he made his last stand and was blown away like a good little soldier....so yea i know what you are saying....

Every loving father should take his 3 year old to a rifle range. it is kind of a bonding thing. However, a loving father would not take his 15 year old to a whore house. That should be reserved for his 16th birthday. Responsible paranting is an art.

I want to make sure that I have this right. Did I read on here that our high gun murder rate was due to illegal Hispanic immigrants?

I really think that somebody actually posted that, but I want to be sure. The last time I read anything that absurd, I fell right off the floor, and I want to make sure that I don't hurt myself diue to a simple reading error....

In NYC the danger neighborhoods are shifting from black areas to hispanic areas, mostly due to gang related issues, and most of these gangs were formed overseas and consist of illegals.

While there are black gangs in NYC it never reached the levels seen in cities like LA, Chicago and Detroit.

right....but it is gang related.....your average Illegal has nothing to do with those jerks.....and are not homicidal maniacs like some like to portray them....

Refute it.

It's both a dishonest and lazy practice to ridicule but not refute.

Blow it out of the water with facts, if you can...

Otherwise...please stfu.

living among them is all the experience i need....the Illegals who kill are involved with Gangs or the Drug market....the rest aint no different than anyone else....you may get your oddball here and there.....but they are doing what everyone else is doing....trying to put food on the table and pay the rent....

i live in an area that is probably 70% illegals many who have been here pretty long.....we had one shooting death in the last 10 years.....and it was a ganger from LA who was running from the LA cops and he ended up in this area were he made his last stand and was blown away like a good little soldier....so yea i know what you are saying....

Thank you. Occassionally, I think that this board is the Twilight Zone. I live in the Santa Cruze River Valley, in Southern AZ, 35 miles north of the border, in a community of 31,000 people. We have, on some days, more border patrol vehicles on the roads than civilian vehicles, if you get off the expressway. I have lived here since 2010. There has not been a single murder in my community in all that time.

However, we did have a murder about 15 miles South of here on a ranch. it was committed by one of those border vigilanties, who took it upon himself to execute a suspected illegal alien, for the misdemeanor of not having valid papers.

Criminals are the only people who want law abiding citizens disarmed. So how many homes have you broke into this year?

Dudley do that?....he would pay someone.....the guy is like 85....he can hardly take a piss without getting exhausted....

Thank you. Occassionally, I think that this board is the Twilight Zone. I live in the Santa Cruze River Valley, in Southern AZ, 35 miles north of the border, in a community of 31,000 people. We have, on some days, more border patrol vehicles on the roads than civilian vehicles, if you get off the expressway. I have lived here since 2010. There has not been a single murder in my community in all that time.

However, we did have a murder about 15 miles South of here on a ranch. it was committed by one of those border vigilanties, who took it upon himself to execute a suspected illegal alien, for the misdemeanor of not having valid papers.

there are a lot of people who talk about illegals but have no experience around them...i was talking to a poster here once who was telling me how fucked it is with "these" people where he lived,he talked like he sees them everyday.........his State had a pop of about 6 million and had 25,000 Hispanics in it and out of that they estimated around 5,000 to be illegal......i laughed at the guy....

Forum List

Back