Tower Records Documentary

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
When I lived in Sacramento I used to ride my bicycle over to the Broadway store or drive to the store on Watt. If you haven't watched the "All Things Must Pass" video, you should.
What killed Tower Records? Watch the doc. It's a real treat.

Last edited:
I used to go to the Tower Records in Phoenix, Arizona. I loved perusing the Import section, hoping to find something unusual. I loved the monthly magazine they put out. Thanks very much for your post.
I liked going to Tower on Sunset in Los Angeles because it wasn't snooty, like West LA Music. Big difference.

Yeah, I remember the one over in Ann Arbor. It was great.

I remember when that movie Empire Records came out. IMO, it clearly was a tribute flick.

The Script Had Its Roots in Tower Records.​

". . .The movie's screenwriter, Carol Heikkinen, based Empire Records on her own experiences working at Tower Records when she was in high school in Phoenix and at a different location in West Hollywood while she was in college, using details of what happened to her at the time to bring the movie to life. Though the stores have now closed, they will live on forever in Empire Records.. . ."

15 Little-Known Facts About 'Empire Records'​

www.cafemom.com/entertainment/little-known-facts-empire-records

I remember when Napster first started, and then when the iPod was launched, and was/am a huge fan of this new era in music. Sadly, there were losers in this revolution.

I remember when Napster first started, and then when the iPod was launched, and was/am a huge fan of this new era in music. Sadly, there were losers in this revolution.
Before Napster, Michael Jackson's Thriller/MTV was responsible for reviving the music industry. After disco.

Forum List

Back