Toyota opening new plant in North Carolina

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The decision of the leaders of the state to become Right to Work continues to pay off with all the new jobs in Greensboro. Toyota is about Scab-pride and doing a tremendous job.

I always wonder if a Japanese or German plant can keep the same quality as they do back their home countries.

I hear there are people who won't buy a German car made in America. They insist their German car comes from Germany.

Hopefully the starting wage is $35 per hour. That's VERY LOW but a beginning.

I always wonder if a Japanese or German plant can keep the same quality as they do back their home countries.

I hear there are people who won't buy a German car made in America. They insist their German car comes from Germany.
I had a Nissan Datsun 200SX built in Japan, great motor, suspension, very cool and high quality, peppy, could really take a curve, like a poor man's back roads bandit, at the time. Bought a Nissan 200SX a model year newer built here for PJ. It was junk by comparison, handled like crap, could turned around on a slightly damp road if you weren't careful. Had a Mazda LX King Cab new, off the boat. Sucker ran great, dependable, comfy, looked great, drove great, even taking it on tank trails in little used training areas, and it never let me down. When it came time to trade, I bought another Mazda LX Kingcab, and it turned out to be a Ford Ranger with a Mazda sticker and nowhere near as good, surefooted or dependable as my first Mazda. Just my experience.

The decision of the leaders of the state to become Right to Work continues to pay off with all the new jobs in Greensboro. Toyota is about Scab-pride and doing a tremendous job.

That's funny, the Japs are opening a plant here. The Chinese are opening a plant here. How many plants have we opened in China? You know, to make stuff to be sold THERE? Not stuff just to ship back here to sell to Americans.

Oh yeah.

I forgot.

We no longer have a president like TRUMP in office.

That's funny, the Japs are opening a plant here. The Chinese are opening a plant here. How many plants have we opened in China? You know, to make stuff to be sold THERE? Not stuff just to ship back here to sell to Americans.

Oh yeah.

I forgot.

We no longer have a president like TRUMP in office.

Yep, now that Trump is no longer POTUS other counties are opening plants here...you may not know this, but that is a good thing.

I remember a sit I used to read before this one. A person bragging about Boeing in Seattle. What a joke now. The years of equity have screwed them over. Laughing if Boeing guilds plants in the Southeast U.S. Project after project behind their finished target dates. Way overdue and massively overbudget. It seems they are not that good. But self important. Years behind in aerospace and defects on their passenger planes and defense projects. Just the Low Earth Orbit manned space capsule is years behind schedule. Equity though. Real Problem solvers are reduced to a few out of ten or more now. And the costs are extreme. We were warned with the Auto Industry when the Unions got to greedy way back after WW 2.

All these new plants in red states? Coincidence?

I don't know anything about German cars but around 20 years ago I switched from American made cars to Japanese. All I could think about is the headaches I could have saved myself if I had done so earlier.

My last American made car (Malibu) my mechanic drove it more than I did. I had to use several days of vacation a year when the stupid thing wouldn't start. It was my "former" mechanic that informed me about the quality of Japanese cars. Little did he know he talked himself out of a customer.

I'm on my third Camry now and love it. None of my Camry's ever left me stranded anywhere, and not one seen a tow truck nor cause me to lose an hour of work, and I drove those cars well past 100,000 miles and all three made right here in the USA.

It doesn't surprise me though. I used to drive for tool and die shops which often sent me to our auto plants here in Ohio. It took them lazy worthless UAW workers six hours to unload my trailer that any non-union company could have done in around 40 minutes or less. It gave me satisfaction knowing that none of my money went to pay those useless assholes anymore.

Hating on workers again. Welcome to america. We begrudge the working man. I got news for you. Workers of today are more productive than at any time in american history. Employers have it so easy.

I won't buy a car with parts made in NC.

Don't worry, they won't be. They will be assembled there, like a lot of "American made" products are.

My new Corolla is on the way now. I have to wait to the 29th for it to get here, it's on a ship from Japan now.

I don't know anything about German cars but around 20 years ago I switched from American made cars to Japanese. All I could think about is the headaches I could have saved myself if I had done so earlier.

My last American made car (Malibu) my mechanic drove it more than I did. I had to use several days of vacation a year when the stupid thing wouldn't start. It was my "former" mechanic that informed me about the quality of Japanese cars. Little did he know he talked himself out of a customer.

I'm on my third Camry now and love it. None of my Camry's ever left me stranded anywhere, and not one seen a tow truck nor cause me to lose an hour of work, and I drove those cars well past 100,000 miles and all three made right here in the USA.

It doesn't surprise me though. I used to drive for tool and die shops which often sent me to our auto plants here in Ohio. It took them lazy worthless UAW workers six hours to unload my trailer that any non-union company could have done in around 40 minutes or less. It gave me satisfaction knowing that none of my money went to pay those useless assholes anymore.

Loved my Ford falcon I had when I was 12 and my mustang I got when I was like 18 but I was always doing something to them. Same thing with a Ford ranger and a Chevy cavalier I had.

In 2004 I bought a brand new Toyota Corolla and aside from the normal brakes, serpentine belt, oil change, etc I'd only replaced a window that cracked down inside the door, had to cut 1 rotor, and my starter. That's it.

But this past month my exhaust broke (which I patched back together), my catalytic converter is about to fall off, my front calipers are locking up, need new brakes, new tires, front drums need replaced and new pads all around. It's too much at once to spend and the time to do it so I'm just getting a new car. But for being 18 or so years old it's not unexpected. I just can't justify putting 6,000 in a car that's almost 20 years old.

All I want is Toyota, Honda is a close second, and Subaru is a distant 3rd.

I won't buy a car with parts made in NC.
That is like me.

Whenever I have a choice I won't buy anything or have a service provide by filthy ass Union pukes.

Thank god I live in a Right to Work state.

By the way, my Tundra, made in a non Union plant in Texas, is a great vehicle. I usually change vehicles every three years but this 2013 Tundra has been so solid and reliable I still have it.

Loved my Ford falcon I had when I was 12 and my mustang I got when I was like 18 but I was always doing something to them. Same thing with a Ford ranger and a Chevy cavalier I had.

In 2004 I bought a brand new Toyota Corolla and aside from the normal brakes, serpentine belt, oil change, etc I'd only replaced a window that cracked down inside the door, had to cut 1 rotor, and my starter. That's it.

But this past month my exhaust broke (which I patched back together), my catalytic converter is about to fall off, my front calipers are locking up, need new brakes, new tires, front drums need replaced and new pads all around. It's too much at once to spend and the time to do it so I'm just getting a new car. But for being 18 or so years old it's not unexpected. I just can't justify putting 6,000 in a car that's almost 20 years old.

All I want is Toyota, Honda is a close second, and Subaru is a distant 3rd.

I would have went with a Corolla but I can't fit in them. I'm 6'3" and the Camry is near perfect for me with the seat all the way back, but I still like the car.

Years ago when I bought a Camry my tenant bragged about his Ford pickup truck. He was a diehard Ford fan, that was until the transmission blew at 47,000 miles and he had no warrant for it. His brother agreed to buy the truck and get the transmission rebuilt. I forget how many thousands that was. In any case one day I go outside to my car and I see a Toyota pickup truck in his parking spot. He's been driving them ever since.

Last edited:
That is like me.

Whenever I have a choice I won't buy anything or have a service provide by filthy ass Union pukes.

Thank god I live in a Right to Work state.

By the way, my Tundra, made in a non Union plant in Texas, is a great vehicle. I usually change vehicles every three years but this 2013 Tundra has been so solid and reliable I still have it.

You get way more for your money by buying non-American. For one, your not paying thousands in legacy costs. I ran into an old friend of mine and we were talking about the old gang. One of the guys we hung out with got a job at Chevy at the age of 18 as a painter. He retired at 50 with full pension and medical benefits for the rest of his life. I'm not paying for that. Let American car buyers pay for my friend to stay home and eat potato chips.

When I talked to my mechanic that one time, he told me the reason foreign cars seldom need repair is instead of the company pandering to union employees with outrageous wages and benefits, they take their money and buy quality parts instead. Better parts, way less repairs. Even the engineering is so much better.

I would have went with a Corolla but I can't fit in them. I'm 6'3" and the Camry is near perfect for me with the seat all the way back, but I still like the car.

Years ago when I bought a Camry my tenant bragged about his Ford pickup truck. He was a diehard Ford fan, that was until the transmission blew at 47,000 miles and he had no warrant for it. His brother agreed to buy the truck and get the transmission rebuilt. I forget how many thousands that was. In any case one day I go outside to my car and I see a Toyota pickup truck outside. He's been driving them ever since.

I really wanted a Camry, but I couldn't justify the extra money for one, I couldn't comfortably afford it.

Besides my car is 18 years old, even being a Corolla the fact it's a 2022 will be a huge upgrade for me. When I bought my current car I upgraded to the LE model just to get a remote for the door locks. New cars have so much other shit in them now I won't know what to do with it all.

Although it does worry me, I see so much other stuff that can break lol.

I really wanted a Camry, but I couldn't justify the extra money for one, I couldn't comfortably afford it.

Besides my car is 18 years old, even being a Corolla the fact it's a 2022 will be a huge upgrade for me. When I bought my current car I upgraded to the LE model just to get a remote for the door locks. New cars have so much other shit in them now I won't know what to do with it all.

Although it does worry me, I see so much other stuff that can break lol.

I have the extended warranty from Toyota that lasts 107,000 or seven years, whichever comes first, and it's bumper to bumper. The only thing I have to pay for is their rental car IF I need a repair. You won't get that with American cars because they'd go broke.

With this tech stuff don't try to cram it down all at one time. Get it to where you can drive it with the radio on, and learn the rest in steps. You'll drive yourself insane trying to learn all that stuff in one day.

One of the first things I noticed when I switched from American to Jap was the windshield wiper squirter lines. They weren't outside like all my other American cars. They were under the hood. While that may not be important to a lot of people, it's a huge help for those of us up north that face these brutal winters. I can't tell you how many times I had to run in and out of the house with pitchers of hot water trying to defrost those lines. With Toyota, the engine warms up the windshield fluid lines and I never had a freeze up problem once in all the years I've been a Toyota customer.

Forum List

Back