TRANSCRIPT: Trump Foreign Policy Speech

I have a secret plan to defeat ISIS, I can't tell you what it is because it is a secret. I don't want ISIS to know what we will do, but they will be wiped out and fast. :cuckoo:
Thats because he's going to wait for the US Military/Allies to put together a detailed outline of their attack plans to drop onto the battlefield so that IS can study it and prepare a defense silly.
Do you really think they do that? :cuckoo:

In reality he hasn't the foggiest idea how to defeat an idea.
I was being a facetious ;)

You can't telegraph your attack plans. We spend millions on something called Intel, why should we allow IS to turn their TV's on, only to get FREE intel? "Momar! Turn the channel to CNN! Trump said on Twitter that he is outlining the US and its allies attack plans on CNN!!!!"
We never give our attack plans, Trump is just lying so he doesn't have to admit he has no plan. Saying we will send 10,000 troops or 100,000 troops for 10 years or 100 years does not give away our attack plan.

:link:

Seriously. How do you know such?

I have a secret plan to defeat ISIS, I can't tell you what it is because it is a secret. I don't want ISIS to know what we will do, but they will be wiped out and fast. :cuckoo:
Thats because he's going to wait for the US Military/Allies to put together a detailed outline of their attack plans to drop onto the battlefield so that IS can study it and prepare a defense silly.

You can't telegraph your attack plans. We spend millions on something called Intel, why should we allow IS to turn their TV's on, only to get FREE intel? "Momar! Turn the channel to CNN! Trump said on Twitter that he is outlining the US and its allies attack plans on CNN!!!!"
We never give our attack plans, Trump is just lying so he doesn't have to admit he has no plan. Saying we will send 10,000 troops or 100,000 troops for 10 years or 100 years does not give away our attack plan.

Well, if I said we are sending 500,000 troops who will stay at least 20 years, do you know where they will attack first from that info?
Obviously not, but it does give the American people an idea of what the potential cost in blood and treasure will be. Trump believes the American people are not worth that knowledge!!!

Well, if I said we are sending 500,000 troops who will stay at least 20 years, do you know where they will attack first from that info?
Obviously not, but it does give the American people an idea of what the potential cost in blood and treasure will be. Trump believes the American people are not worth that knowledge!!!
No but they'll know a shit load of warfighters are on the way and they will be staying for a long time. Wake up Ed. We will wage an unconventional war on these clowns. Thats how you win and how you win fast

No but they'll know a shit load of warfighters are on the way and they will be staying for a long time. Wake up Ed. We will wage an unconventional war on these clowns. Thats how you win and how you win fast
Hogwash!
If you think carpet bombing their families will defeat ISIS you are as crazy as Trump!

He doesn't even wonder what he'd do about a Taliban and Pakistan that wouldn't give up Osama, how much military support to give against ISIS, whether there was an alternative in Libya, whether unilateral war with Iran over potential nukes was a realistic option, what to do with Saudis who continue to export Wahhabism ......

I've linked the full transcript below. Below is a lead in:

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you, and thank you to the Center for the National Interest for honoring me with this invitation.

I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy, and chaos with peace.

It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It's time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.

The direction I will outline today will also return us to a timeless principle. My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

America First will be the major and overriding theme of my administration.

But to chart our path forward, we must first briefly look back.

We have a lot to be proud of. In the 1940s we saved the world. The Greatest Generation beat back the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists.

Then we saved the world again, this time from totalitarian Communism. The Cold War lasted for decades, but we won.

Democrats and Republicans working together got Mr. Gorbachev to heed the words of President Reagan when he said: “tear down this wall.”

History will not forget what we did......

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

I'm quite sure Slick W and Obama never put America's interests first in formulating their fp. (-:

Cute try! Lumping President Clinton in with Lame Duck President Obama. President Clinton was able to negotiate with Republicans and, though sometimes it took a lot of effort like the Welfare Reform Act of 1996, but he did work with Congress.

President Obama was only experienced in running an ACORN meeting or perhaps some of the Rev. Wrights committee meetings where no one had any other thoughts. President Obama is one of those people who never looks at another route, it is HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Plus, he relishes in rubbing his thumb in the eye of anyone who opposes him in any way.

The Chinese? They make great cookies. And I love their Kung Poa Chicken. But let's face it, they're losers. That Chinese guy who does my laundry? You should see his wife. What a dog!
Rush is commenting on it right now.

Obviously Rush preferred Cruz......but I think it would be nice to have a president that actually believes what he's saying.

Which is why he preferred Cruz

Hogwash!
If you think carpet bombing their families will defeat ISIS you are as crazy as Trump!

Hillary threatened to obliterate Iran and entire country. I think you people have far bigger problems than worrying about Trump.

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you, and thank you to the Center for the National Interest for honoring me with this invitation.

I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy, and chaos with peace.

It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It's time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.

The direction I will outline today will also return us to a timeless principle. My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

We have a lot to be proud of. In the 1940s we saved the world. The Greatest Generation beat back the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists.

Then we saved the world again, this time from totalitarian Communism. The Cold War lasted for decades, but we won.

Democrats and Republicans working together got Mr. Gorbachev to heed the words of President Reagan when he said: “tear down this wall.”

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

Long on rhetoric, short on details. Trump always evades they question on bringing jobs back, why ? When pressed on his mexican wall, he deflects, why? All he is is a pretty package, and if you really look, that's all he has ever been. Who will he sue when Putin tells him to get bent? What will he do when Apple laughs in his face and his stupid tax's just getting added to the cost of an iPhone or mac? I plan on reading it more because I really want to believe trump will do okay, but so far all we get to see is the package the product comes it. No reason why it's better then everyone else's ? All the message board slug fest aside, what (other then using a teleprompter and not saying lying ted) what makes trump so good?

He has real EXECUTIVE accomplishments and the position of President, in our country is an EXECUTIVE position. Please observe the three branches of government.

Why are you concerned about taxes? I've not seen you railing about the massive taxes enacted by Obamacare are you?

Best foreign policy I've heard proposed ever and I've been paying attention since Eisenhower was campaigning for the Republican nomination.

However I disagree with Trump on one major point:

He said Iran must not be allowed to have nuclear weapons.

Iran is a sovereign nation. It is not a state (as within The United States). Unless a sovereign nation has voluntarily subjected itself to a treaty banning anything it should have no obligations as whether to have or not have anything it desires.

Now using a nuclear weapon against some other nation - that's a pig of a different odor and something over which to get upset.

But to have? None of our business - no matter how much we might dislike it.

I know, risky, but there is no such thing as "just a little bit sovereign".

Hey, how'd you leftists like it if Russia were to tell America it was not allowed to have nukes? If you were in control would you suck it up and hand 'em over?

Oh, wait.....yeah............probably you would!

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

I'm quite sure Slick W and Obama never put America's interests first in formulating their fp. (-:

Cute try! Lumping President Clinton in with Lame Duck President Obama. President Clinton was able to negotiate with Republicans and, though sometimes it took a lot of effort like the Welfare Reform Act of 1996, but he did work with Congress.

President Obama was only experienced in running an ACORN meeting or perhaps some of the Rev. Wrights committee meetings where no one had any other thoughts. President Obama is one of those people who never looks at another route, it is HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. Plus, he relishes in rubbing his thumb in the eye of anyone who opposes him in any way.
I thought this thread was about for policy, but continue your inner channeling.

And WTF is an unconventional war against ISIS? I think we may assume safely that any war against ISIS will be by definition unconvential

Yes indeed, like Lame Duck President Obama a much better plan is to provide your enemy with a list of what you are going to do and when along with what you absolutely will NOT due. How has that worked for President Obama.

Do you suppose that General Eisenhower was held back from keeping all the plans of D-Day from the Nazi's? You would have expected FDR to announce in May of 1944...OKAY, ADOLF HITLER, if you don't give back all the countries you have brutally conquered, we are going to invade Europe starting on Normandy Beach. Yep, that would have worked and look at all the lives that would have been saved!

-CONTINUE READING HERE-
D d d d d do you mean we have to get off our ass, have a plan, have a strategy, self discipline, clear goals, strong bargaining positions, strong economy, strong military, strong leadership? Bbbbbut that's hard isn't it Mr Donald? We haven't been hard in eight years. No more free shit? Gee...ill gave to think about this. I thought change meant we would have it easy like Mr Obama promised.........yo.

You really think he should tell ISIS what he has planned, and when, and how? Come on...
I think he should give the American people an idea of what it will cost in blood and treasure.

Why did you not demand that from Lame Duck President Obama regarding the Auto Bailout, Cash for Junkers and jumping many, Obamacare. Did President Obama give us an idea of what it would cost in blood and treasure by unadvisedly bailing out of Iraq? Did he tell us that he, along with the help of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was going to set the entire Middle East on fire?

Forum List

Back