TRANSCRIPT: Trump Foreign Policy Speech

I have a secret plan to defeat ISIS, I can't tell you what it is because it is a secret. I don't want ISIS to know what we will do, but they will be wiped out and fast. :cuckoo:

Having just listened to Reagan's inaugural address yesterday, Trump's speech today okay he's not Reagan but Trump's speech was pretty good. Compared to Hillary's bellowing string of free shit talking points last night it was impressive indeed.

I've linked the full transcript below. Below is a lead in:

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you, and thank you to the Center for the National Interest for honoring me with this invitation.

I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy, and chaos with peace.

It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It's time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.

The direction I will outline today will also return us to a timeless principle. My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

America First will be the major and overriding theme of my administration.

But to chart our path forward, we must first briefly look back.

We have a lot to be proud of. In the 1940s we saved the world. The Greatest Generation beat back the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists.

Then we saved the world again, this time from totalitarian Communism. The Cold War lasted for decades, but we won.

Democrats and Republicans working together got Mr. Gorbachev to heed the words of President Reagan when he said: “tear down this wall.”

History will not forget what we did......

-CONTINUE READING HERE-
They put the U.N. interests first. We've been fighting the U.N.'s wars not our own.
I'm quite sure Slick W and Obama never put America's interests first in formulating their fp. (-:

They put the U.N.'s interests first. We've been fighting the U.N.'s wars not our own.
BS and you're moonbat nuts. W was a disaster, but he was a well meaning disaster. Shit happens.

I have a secret plan to defeat ISIS, I can't tell you what it is because it is a secret. I don't want ISIS to know what we will do, but they will be wiped out and fast. :cuckoo:
Thats because he's going to wait for the US Military/Allies to put together a detailed outline of their attack plans to drop onto the battlefield so that IS can study it and prepare a defense silly.

Starts at about the 34 min mark.

Watch where he is looking. Then, watch as he leaves the podium. The teleprompter is shown clearly where he was looking. Not sure why folks want to claim he didn't use a teleprompter. It doesn't mean anything other than the speaker wants to avoid making a mistake during a long speech.

Thats because he's going to wait for the US Military/Allies to put together a detailed outline of their attack plans to drop onto the battlefield so that IS can study it and prepare a defense silly.
Do you really think they do that? :cuckoo:

In reality he hasn't the foggiest idea how to defeat an idea.

Not sure why folks want to claim he didn't use a teleprompter. It doesn't mean anything other than the speaker wants to avoid making a mistake during a long speech.
Or it is the only way to keep someone on message who has no idea what he is talking about.

I've linked the full transcript below. Below is a lead in:

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you, and thank you to the Center for the National Interest for honoring me with this invitation.

I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy, and chaos with peace.

It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It's time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.

The direction I will outline today will also return us to a timeless principle. My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

America First will be the major and overriding theme of my administration.

But to chart our path forward, we must first briefly look back.

We have a lot to be proud of. In the 1940s we saved the world. The Greatest Generation beat back the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists.

Then we saved the world again, this time from totalitarian Communism. The Cold War lasted for decades, but we won.

Democrats and Republicans working together got Mr. Gorbachev to heed the words of President Reagan when he said: “tear down this wall.”

History will not forget what we did......

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

Amazing speech. the war mongering neocons who have gotten thousands of soldiers killed and maimed for absolutely nothing will hate this. This is why i support trump, he isnt owned by the jackasses who have ruined the country.

Nixon had a secret plan for Vietnam. It included over four more years of war, the invasion of Cambodia and 30,.000 additional dead American troops.

He really didn't say anything.
"However, unlike other candidates for the presidency, war and aggression will not be my first instinct. You cannot have a foreign policy without diplomacy. A superpower understands that caution and restraint are signs of strength."

Gold right there

best foreign policy speech ive heard. for once we have a republican who doesnt want to use the military to make themselves look strong when they are chicken shit hawks who wont go near a gun.

Trump is one that is tight lipped on some things. The things of importance. He has said so. Unlike some in the recent past, he is NOT going to tell us exactly what he plans to do. As he says, why would you let your ''enemy'' know what your plans are. That, to me, is only common sense. Presidents never used to tell their exact plans. It is stupid to do so IMO.

You really think he should tell ISIS what he has planned, and when, and how? Come on...

I was being sarcastic ;)

You can't telegraph your attack plans. We spend millions on something called Intel, why should we allow IS to turn their TV's on, only to get FREE intel? "Momar! Turn the channel to CNN! Trump said on Twitter that he is outlining the US and its allies attack plans on CNN!!!!"

You really think he should tell ISIS what he has planned, and when, and how? Come on...
I think he should give the American people an idea of what it will cost in blood and treasure.

I think he should give the American people an idea of what it will cost in blood and treasure.

That will come. Not like he is President this moment.

I was being a facetious ;)

You can't telegraph your attack plans. We spend millions on something called Intel, why should we allow IS to turn their TV's on, only to get FREE intel? "Momar! Turn the channel to CNN! Trump said on Twitter that he is outlining the US and its allies attack plans on CNN!!!!"
We never give our attack plans, Trump is just lying so he doesn't have to admit he has no plan. Saying we will send 10,000 troops or 100,000 troops for 10 years or 100 years does not give away our attack plan.

Let me say, I have never been excited about Donald Trump as president. I was looking to find something to disagree with in this speech. However, not only did he address all the issues regarding foreign policy that I wanted to hear about, it turns out that Trump's foriegn policy appears to be in line with mine.

Forum List

Back